Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Night.
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2016, 2:46 am

Anyone wants to practice making psychological algorithms?

(It's a sequential step-by-step process to logically understand the intent of someone in a conversation basically.)

I just found out this new technique so I don't perfectly know how to do it. But we can still try if you want?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 3:46 am

may you...elaborate?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Night.
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2016, 5:14 pm

You don't mind if I share you what it is from the comments I heard it from?

:

1:I used to jump around in my conversations, too; it drove people nuts. Then, back in 1972 I read an interview with Bobby Fisher ( a few months before he became the World's Chess Champion) and found out he did the same thing. I felt this was an affirmation of my intellectual prowess, but now I know this is just an aspect of my having Asperger's Syndrome. BTW, I don't jump around in my conversations anymore. Over the years I've developed algorithms to follow when interacting with other people, and it's gotten to the point where it almost seems natural to wait for other people to finish what they are saying before I talk, to stay on one topic, etc.

2:Absolutely! I call them psychological algorithms. I'm still honestly not the best at implementing them however. And it takes so much energy. But intellectually it's still real fascinating for me to think about.

3:What is this algorithm like? Mind to share? Could be interesting.

4:What I meant was - Each person has a pattern that is determined by the past and each person is trying to create a pattern within themselves to satisfy some immediate goal in the present which may or may nor be novel compared to the past but is generally novel if its stretching towards some unrealised future. If we decode the patterns we can begin to understand them a little bit better. Its difficult for us though because we have to take a lot of what they do literally, for example if someone chooses to say x to us and it doesn't apply to the immediate context nor is it completely obvious, we have a very limited range as to the potential reasons we might identify as being those reasons, especially when we only have the present to go by and cannot determine past or future goals. I think maybe the key word is goals. We are more easily able to determine goals if we work from our bottom up tendency. For example....
You've stated: "What is this algorithm like? Mind to share? Could be interesting."
From this sentence alone, I can determine:
- You're likely a sentient being
- Because you're a sentient being you have thoughts
- Because you have thoughts and you've posed questions I can determine you are self reflective
- And because I've determined you are self reflective and in the way you've posed the questions including the context in which you've posed them you are likely a curious person
- And because I've determined you are a curious person you likely have an above average IQ
- I've also determined that you have somewhat of an interest in me, psychology, both or are simply just a curious person looking to discover more about the topic of which intentions could be related to helping yourself with your own symptoms or simply again, because you're curious... But because of the context of this video and channel the likelihood of your presence here being mere coincidence where you share absolutely no connection with autism whatsoever nor have questions about your own functioning, generally or specifically with or without relating to autism becomes less and less likely.
= I could say much more but as you can see we have the building blocks for the formation of a kind of psychological algorithm regarding your potential present, past and future behavior.

5:An algorithm is a step by step process that has a beginning and an end; a quote (maybe a paraphrase) of my first computer science professor. I'm not a visual person, so I don't see do-while or while-wend loops while I speak. ...and, like I said in my original post, some of my conversational skills (most of them now) are almost natural for me (after decades of practice). However, I still follow a step by step process when engaging others in conversation. The algorithm I still follow nowadays is (and like I said, I don't see the "code" in my head - I am aware of what I'm doing, though):
Other other = new Other; // me is a static class
other.addListeners // event driven listeners for the other asking questions and making statements
{
. // when the other asks a question, the event listener searches for off the cuff answers; i.e., those that require so little time to search that they won't interfere with listening
. // the off the cuff answers are associated with the questions in a hash table
. // statements also initiate a search for off the cuff answers and are also associated in a hash table
}
while (conversation)
{
while other (isSpeaking)
{
me.quiet(true);
}
if (!conversation) break;
me.quiet(false);
if exists(hash_table)
{
if (hash_table[0] == requires_thought)
{
me.speak(tell_other_I_am_pondering_his_question); // this can be a "hmmm", or some other type of communication me.cerebrate(hash_table, reasonable_amount_of_time);
if (me.answer_found(true))
{
me.speak(new_answer);
}
else { me.speak(new_question);
}
} else
{
me.speak(hash_table); // hash table vaguely described in addListeners.
}
}
else
{
me.speak(statement_germane_to_conversation);
}
}
This is a really simplified algorithm, but it is basically don't talk when others are talking, and listen to what they are saying so you can say something that they will be interested in hearing. Note that even though I addListeners, this isn't multi-tasking. The listeners are just me listening to the other while they are talking, and adding their questions and/or points to a hash table; it's still sequential, but not blocking. This sounds simple, but it is something that somebody with Asperger's Syndrome has to do consciously.

-

If you can hopefully understand from this? ((This is something you can't really google, doesn't seem to have any information about this.

Algorithms: An algorithm is a rule that guarantees the right solution by using a formula or other foolproof method. Some algorithms are incredible long (by trying almost every solution) while others are shorter. Think about math class for a minute (I know it hurts but try). You may be given a problem and told to use a formula to come up with the solution. Sometimes you know of shorter ways to solve the problem, but your teacher wants you to use the algorithm regardless. The algorithm takes longer than the shortcut, but if done correctly you are assured the right answer.
-http://www.appsychology.com/Book/Cognition/Thinking/thinkingintro.htm

Maybe this definition helps a bit?