People trusted to assist in the event of emergencies??

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,950

23 Jan 2022, 5:25 am

For me, it's just my mother, though she can't really do much (bad physical disability), so it's just me in reality. I can handle myself though, and that's never been my problem; eventually it will be, but I'll probably be dead before then.

I have some nice neighbors that probably feel sorry for me, because friends of friends and words, so they drive me places in emergencies or let me tag along if they're going somewhere I need to go (chemist/groceries/whatever), and I can still drive all the same if it's an emergency.

When driving me home from hospital, my neighbor laughed when I told her I'll come running if her family are ever in trouble; medical, home invader/s, fire or whatever. I was quite serious. I'll repay help given.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,532
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Jan 2022, 5:28 am

if i end up in some kind of trouble, i'm SOL, as the last person that could help me passed away.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,950

23 Jan 2022, 5:48 am

Yeah, that's sadly how it goes for many, and is telling of the state of community around the world and the [lack of] care people have for those that need it. I'd make sure that any vulnerable living nearby to me would have some contact available if they need help or to check on them via phone at whatever interval, doubly so if they don't have anyone. I'm disabled too, but still mostly physically able.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,532
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Jan 2022, 8:22 am

i've long come to terms that they'll find me after a few months, decomposed in my tin can.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,950

23 Jan 2022, 9:06 am

You could always reach out to a neighbor of some sort and organize something. Sometimes strangers can surprise you.



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,755
Location: Outter Quadrant

23 Jan 2022, 11:04 am

auntblabby wrote:
i've long come to terms that they'll find me after a few months, decomposed in my tin can.


Yes I feel I know how this will go for me too., It is pretty sad…. And the county people live in, if they have people on disability or are disabled , And then if the
person requests it , could assign people to check in on those folk.


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,532
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Jan 2022, 6:49 pm

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i've long come to terms that they'll find me after a few months, decomposed in my tin can.


Yes I feel I know how this will go for me too., It is pretty sad…. And the county people live in, if they have people on disability or are disabled , And then if the
person requests it , could assign people to check in on those folk.

i'm not disabled per se [even though my body is largely shot due to premature aging]. so nobody will check on me for quite a while.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,532
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Jan 2022, 6:50 pm

Dillogic wrote:
You could always reach out to a neighbor of some sort and organize something. Sometimes strangers can surprise you.

my neighbors just want to be left alone. antisocial bunch out here.



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,755
Location: Outter Quadrant

23 Jan 2022, 9:03 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
You could always reach out to a neighbor of some sort and organize something. Sometimes strangers can surprise you.

my neighbors just want to be left alone. antisocial bunch out here.


Hmm,… seems those type get around quite a bit . Except have run into the addition of these ones being rather predatory.


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,532
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Jan 2022, 9:19 pm

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
You could always reach out to a neighbor of some sort and organize something. Sometimes strangers can surprise you.

my neighbors just want to be left alone. antisocial bunch out here.


Hmm,… seems those type get around quite a bit . Except have run into the addition of these ones being rather predatory.

there are a few predators here and there. i keep distance between me and them.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,950

24 Jan 2022, 2:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
my neighbors just want to be left alone. antisocial bunch out here.


Sucks there, dude. I'm pretty sure I could manage a phone call to some random neighbor once a week or something, and I'm quite asocial (I wouldn't be able during bad mental illness stuff, but that'll be a genuine reason there).

I have no idea how my future will go. I wouldn't ask for help if it's just for me, as I'm stubborn there. I also have no idea if I'll ever hold a hand again. I have promises to keep regardless.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,532
Location: the island of defective toy santas

24 Jan 2022, 2:38 am

Dillogic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
my neighbors just want to be left alone. antisocial bunch out here.


Sucks there, dude. I'm pretty sure I could manage a phone call to some random neighbor once a week or something, and I'm quite asocial (I wouldn't be able during bad mental illness stuff, but that'll be a genuine reason there).

I have no idea how my future will go. I wouldn't ask for help if it's just for me, as I'm stubborn there. I also have no idea if I'll ever hold a hand again. I have promises to keep regardless.

at least you have the pleasant memory of having a receptive partner who liked holding hands. :wtg: good memories are almost enough.



JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2018
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,694
Location: California

24 Jan 2022, 3:38 pm

These discussion-threads might just be helpful to encourage acquaintances, and even friendships with people we can trust in the event of emergencies.

Friendships W/People receptive To Adults On Autism Spectrum:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=401744

Another discussion-thread gaining traction: Call For Video Clips To Encourage Social Skills!
viewtopic.php?t=402728



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,950

25 Jan 2022, 2:08 am

auntblabby wrote:
at least you have the pleasant memory of having a receptive partner who liked holding hands. :wtg: good memories are almost enough.


That's a good point. I can't think of some of them, but I can others. Sadly, I squandered one of those hand holding chances, which leads into those greatest regrets, but alas, life and the events of the same. I hold onto that hand of hope, because life too.

There should be a national automated service available for the vulnerable that has people check up on them at various intervals, and you just need to sign up for it. Maybe there is in some places, but it seems like a good idea regardless. I'm sure there'd be enough volunteers for such a thing. The disabled and vulnerable get that short end, and just living is often hard enough.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,532
Location: the island of defective toy santas

25 Jan 2022, 2:20 am

Dillogic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
at least you have the pleasant memory of having a receptive partner who liked holding hands. :wtg: good memories are almost enough.


That's a good point. I can't think of some of them, but I can others. Sadly, I squandered one of those hand holding chances, which leads into those greatest regrets, but alas, life and the events of the same. I hold onto that hand of hope, because life too. There should be a national automated service available for the vulnerable that has people check up on them at various intervals, and you just need to sign up for it. Maybe there is in some places, but it seems like a good idea regardless. I'm sure there'd be enough volunteers for such a thing. The disabled and vulnerable get that short end, and just living is often hard enough.

in my case, it won't matter if nobody finds me because if i die i'll be in heaven. i would hope/wish that the faithful body that contained my spirit for 61 years be treated with respect due it, or that it can just rest in my bed as it decays.



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,755
Location: Outter Quadrant

25 Jan 2022, 3:11 am

There should be a national automated service available for the vulnerable that has people check up on them at various intervals, and you just need to sign up for it. Maybe there is in some places, but it seems like a good idea regardless. I'm sure there'd be enough volunteers for such a thing. The disabled and vulnerable get that short end, and just living is often hard enough.

Likes this idea .. and believes it might save a great number of lives……it would be a truley good thing . That being said, it is probably the very reason the gov would be against it. Sadly said.

And hopes Auntblabby anatomy supports his continued existence for at least a few more years ! :D


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are