Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

PheonixDove
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jul 2022, 7:03 am

I often wonder where my sensory overload issues come from. I'd say if I could alleviate any single "issue" that I have, it would be the sensory overload.

Sometimes I don't know what the problem is. Sometimes everything just feels so overwhelming, almost like all the sounds and sensations are seeping deep into my body and mind. Sometimes it just makes me feel ill or "strange". Perhaps they're pretty common descriptions of sensory overload.

I would be curious to find out how ASD and PTSD coexist and whether some symptoms can be "superimposed". I will do some research on it.

Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 12:13 pm

I think that the two things can trigger each other. If I’m experiencing sensory overload, the anxiety could trigger my PTSD. Maybe having PTSD makes me more sensitive to triggers in the first place. It’s hard to say.

Diverse4Me
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2022, 11:26 am

I definitely think they can coexist, and ASD often in fact leads to PTSD.

I tend to take people at face value too much and trust people and get taken advantage of too often as well.

This includes people I have lived with, and manipulations etc... realising them over time, and each one builds layers on layers and eventually everything is that much more triggering.

IMHO :s

ASD2, ADHD, Anxiety, Depression etc

BreathlessJade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2022, 2:37 pm

i never thought of sensory being affected by ptsd but it makes perfect sense. because i get overwhelmed on good and bad days.