Is this a prejudice that most men have faced at some point?

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,648
Location: Near London United Kingdom

26 Jul 2021, 7:43 am

Is being labelled a pedophile or someone who is sexually attracted to children a prejudice that most men have faced at some point in there lives?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,138
Location: Queens, NYC

26 Jul 2021, 11:46 am

No. I don't believe that is so.

I've never been accused of being a pedophile. I don't know of anyone who has been accused of being a pedophile.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,648
Location: Near London United Kingdom

26 Jul 2021, 11:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
No. I don't believe that is so.

I've never been accused of being a pedophile. I don't know of anyone who has been accused of being a pedophile.



I have been accused of being a pedophile even though I am not



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,138
Location: Queens, NYC

26 Jul 2021, 12:35 pm

I'm sorry that's happened to you.

To make such an accusation, without proof, is a terrible thing to do.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,648
Location: Near London United Kingdom

26 Jul 2021, 12:59 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm sorry that's happened to you.

To make such an accusation, without proof, is a terrible thing to do.



Its mainly happened happened when I am drunk and start chatting younger people on the streets after closing time



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,938
Location: Houston, Texas

26 Jul 2021, 11:04 pm

I think people would be more worried about someone being a bigot than a pedophile.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 512
Location: Texas

27 Jul 2021, 1:31 am

Jamesy wrote:
Is being labelled a pedophile or someone who is sexually attracted to children a prejudice that most men have faced at some point in there lives?

I have been labelled that falsely because i am attracted to 21 year olds.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,648
Location: Near London United Kingdom

27 Jul 2021, 6:36 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Is being labelled a pedophile or someone who is sexually attracted to children a prejudice that most men have faced at some point in there lives?

I have been labelled that falsely because i am attracted to 21 year olds.


Correct me if I am mistaken but I thought you were only considered a pedophile if your attracted to girls under 16? :?



Last edited by Jamesy on 27 Jul 2021, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,128

27 Jul 2021, 6:54 am

Nope, why Jamesy?



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,648
Location: Near London United Kingdom

27 Jul 2021, 7:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
Nope, why Jamesy?


why what?



jbmajord
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2021
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 15
Location: Ocala, FL

27 Jul 2021, 9:33 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Is being labelled a pedophile or someone who is sexually attracted to children a prejudice that most men have faced at some point in there lives?

I have been labelled that falsely because i am attracted to 21 year olds.


This is total garbage. You are not a pedo for liking a person who is considered of legal age to make such decisions.

Now they might call you a dirty old buggar but you are not even close to old. :wink:


_________________
If your thing is politics and it is all over your profile...I do not want to know you and your comments are not welcome. I don't care which master, excuse me, side you serve.`


Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,648
Location: Near London United Kingdom

27 Jul 2021, 9:51 am

jbmajord wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Is being labelled a pedophile or someone who is sexually attracted to children a prejudice that most men have faced at some point in there lives?

I have been labelled that falsely because i am attracted to 21 year olds.


This is total garbage. You are not a pedo for liking a person who is considered of legal age to make such decisions.

Now they might call you a dirty old buggar but you are not even close to old. :wink:



It's only human nature for most older men to like younger women who are at the peak of there attractiveness.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 40,188

27 Jul 2021, 9:56 am

Prejudice means pre-judging before they meet you or know you.

Some stranger called you a pedophile? Based on what observations?

No this doesn't seem normal at all.

(If it was a person who knows you it's not prejudice. It would just be called "judgement" or slander).



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,648
Location: Near London United Kingdom

27 Jul 2021, 10:08 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Prejudice means pre-judging before they meet you or know you.

Some stranger called you a pedophile? Based on what observations?

No this doesn't seem normal at all.

(If it was a person who knows you it's not prejudice. It would just be called "judgement" or slander).



Once this younger girl in the street at 2 in the morning after closing time came up to talk to me randomly.

Her male friend then said "dont talk to him hes a pedophile"



Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jun 2020
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,381
Location: Derby, UK

27 Jul 2021, 10:29 am

Jamesy wrote:
Correct me if I am mistaken but I thought you were only considered a pedophile if your attracted to girls under 16? :?

That would be correct in the UK as the age of consent is 16 (I think). That's not true in other parts of the world.

A "paedo" is someone who is attracted to kids. But the legal definition of 'child' and 'adult' varies. It always used to be assumed to be mainly a male thing but there are paedo "cougars" and predatory lesbians too.

There are also a lot of people who think it means anyone who tries to target much younger partners. So for example a 60 year old chasing 20-somethings around. But that isn't actually the true definition and there's no law against relationships with big age gaps provided both people are of legal age, bizarre though some such relationships may seem. In some cases the exploitation may run the other way, too, for example the whole "sugar daddy" phenomenon. The whole Anna Nicole Smith saga illustrates that game and all its pitfalls.

"Paedophile" is also a general insult aimed at anyone older who seems to be creepy or inappropriate.

I'd imagine Aspies get called that sometimes, by kids keen to throw insults around. Partly because they know how damning a criticism it is. And partly because Aspies may act slightly oddly (by NT standards) and be socially naive - for example by talking to younger people without being aware of how that might look to others.

Name-calling shouldn't stick, but unfortunately it can, so be careful.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,648
Location: Near London United Kingdom

27 Jul 2021, 10:39 am

Redd_Kross wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Correct me if I am mistaken but I thought you were only considered a pedophile if your attracted to girls under 16? :?

That would be correct in the UK as the age of consent is 16 (I think). That's not true in other parts of the world.

A "paedo" is someone who is attracted to kids. But the legal definition of 'child' and 'adult' varies. It always used to be assumed to be mainly a male thing but there are paedo "cougars" and predatory lesbians too.

There are also a lot of people who think it means anyone who tries to target much younger partners. So for example a 60 year old chasing 20-somethings around. But that isn't actually the true definition and there's no law against relationships with big age gaps provided both people are of legal age, bizarre though some such relationships may seem. In some cases the exploitation may run the other way, too, for example the whole "sugar daddy" phenomenon. The whole Anna Nicole Smith saga illustrates that game and all its pitfalls.

"Paedophile" is also a general insult aimed at anyone older who seems to be creepy or inappropriate.

I'd imagine Aspies get called that sometimes, by kids keen to throw insults around. Partly because they know how damning a criticism it is. And partly because Aspies may act slightly oddly (by NT standards) and be socially naive - for example by talking to younger people without being aware of how that might look to others.

Name-calling shouldn't stick, but unfortunately it can, so be careful.



So basically in some peoples minds a 30 year old man hanging out with 20 somethings can be considered pedophile like behaviour?