Do you believe in true love?
Yes 84%  84%  [ 36 ]
No 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 43

English_Chick_21
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Sep 2009, 3:35 am

I have met the most amazng guy who has Aspeger just like me. He is really kind and sweet. We get eachothers random sense of humor and it just feels natural to be with him.

Does anyone believe in true love even for an aspy. I was always really cynical about it because everyone gets hurt. Not now though. I really think meeting this guy has been the best thing that has ever happened to me.

What do you think? :D

nara44
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 4:40 am

English_Chick_21 wrote:
I have met the most amazng guy who has Aspeger just like me. He is really kind and sweet. We get eachothers random sense of humor and it just feels natural to be with him.

Does anyone believe in true love even for an aspy. I was always really cynical about it because everyone gets hurt. Not now though. I really think meeting this guy has been the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I believe that AS have much better chance for true love than NT

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 5:15 am

I do believe in it, and the divorce rate of aspies is NOWHERE as big as the one of nt's, they just do each other, then leave. Aspies are more patient and forgiving too 8)

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 7:18 am

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
the divorce rate of aspies is NOWHERE as big as the one of nt's

Is this fact, or quoted off the top of your head? Do you have a reliable source for this?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 7:20 am

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
I do believe in it, and the divorce rate of aspies is NOWHERE as big as the one of nt's, they just do each other, then leave. Aspies are more patient and forgiving too 8)

I agree.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 8:19 am

where are these statistics of divorce rates of AS marriages as compared to NTs? just curious =P

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 9:46 am

bdhkhsfgk wrote:

Hmm... without quoting any statistics or anything, my impression had been that the divorce rate of AS folks is higher, but I always assumed that this was in regards to marriages between AS folks and NTs...

As for AS-AS relationships, I generally thought that they were more likely to be in a long term, cohabiting relationship (if even cohabiting) but not necessarily to go through the social rites of marriage... just like in Norway, no?

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 10:13 am

Do you guys think that 50% of the aspies would divorce? (That means if they have found chemistry and have married.) ................... I DO NOT THINK THAT WOULD BE TRUE, Mozart And the WHale was based on a true story, they quarreled, broke up, but in the end learned to accept each other's interests, and what i wrote about aspies being forgiving is; I have some NT friends, if i told them "GO TO H***", they would never forgive me, but if i told that to my aspie friends, they would either laugh and forgive me, or just laugh, because i would probably only say that if i had been mad. Now here's some info; Many of my aspie friends included me have known we had a sex drive and were interested in chicks since we were children (8-9 years old). I and them were MUCH MORE evolved when it came to sexuality, sensuality and romance, we got looked upon as cool, because of our advanced sexuality, hovewer, anal sex, oral sex, jerking each other off, is what maybe 5-10% or lower of the nt population thinks is love, but NO, it's not, unless they were gay when it comes to anal sex. I caught one of my NT friends drooling while watching the one "he was in love with" stripping in front of him on webcam, and i was ............ NOOOOOO!! ! :x THIS IS NOT LOVE!! !! Love in my eyes is caring for a person/persons, enlightening their lives when the have tough times, stick with them etc. WHen it comes to looks, i got in love with a girl because of her looks, but i got used to see her face eventually, but i didn't mind, even though i am no longer in love. Do you guys think about *ss-slapping, sex toy using when you fall in love, would you love to watch a girl you're in love with stripping on a webcam? I would not.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 10:15 am

Stinkypuppy wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:

Hmm... without quoting any statistics or anything, my impression had been that the divorce rate of AS folks is higher, but I always assumed that this was in regards to marriages between AS folks and NTs...

As for AS-AS relationships, I generally thought that they were more likely to be in a long term, cohabiting relationship (if even cohabiting) but not necessarily to go through the social rites of marriage... just like in Norway, no?

In this country, the divorce rate is 50-50, i think it would be lower if they were ALL aspies.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 11:59 am

English_Chick_21 wrote:

Quote:

No but I believe certain ppl gravitate toward ppl who reflect themselves in some way. The only few guys I thought were great ended up becoming something completely different. Who knows maybe it was my upbringing. I wasn't raised with many positive role models, just a bunch of drunks. So anymore I have trust issues even with ppl I have "feelings" for whatever that means.

As for soul mate, I don't believe there is such a thing. I find it healthier to more or less look at "soulmates" as those who you can relate and share similarities to.

Quote:

I think it's great you found someone wonderful. Just be cautious and weary about these feelings depending on how long you've known them. "Falling in love" is a chemical thing, real love is making sacrifices, going through hardships with eachother, compromising, sharing, and most importantly giving the equality of respect from one to the other.

Easier said than done though....

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 12:18 pm

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
In this country, the divorce rate is 50-50, i think it would be lower if they were ALL aspies.

I'm not sure but I think it really depends on a lot of things... including the fact that many AS folks have a lot of issues going on personally, and many don't have sufficient social skills to be able to maintain a long-term romantic relationship with another person.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 12:53 pm

Stinkypuppy wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:

I'm not sure but I think it really depends on a lot of things... including the fact that many AS folks have a lot of issues going on personally, and many don't have sufficient social skills to be able to maintain a long-term romantic relationship with another person.
That may be true, but after my own experiences, the guys with AS that has girlfriends, my friends, truly care for the other person.

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 1:06 pm

sunshower wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:
the divorce rate of aspies is NOWHERE as big as the one of nt's

Is this fact, or quoted off the top of your head? Do you have a reliable source for this?

Well consider this. There's far fewer Aspies then NTS so by the law of averages it should be lower (by how much is another matter), if not then something is wrong.

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos

sarbear1987
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Sep 2009, 2:13 pm

My parents and my dad's parents are the only couples in my family who have not gotten divorced ever. 8O I take after them, though, so whew. My chances are good!

It's interesting that this is posted here because I was just musing about this the other day. And this is what I wrote on the True Love subject:

I am 22 years old and I have never been in love. Well, at least, I've never been with anyone long enough to have fallen in love with them. As I've gotten older, gotten lonelier, my thoughts on love have changed. I used to be like lots of romantics and believe in love at first sight. I still believe that sometimes some people do fall in love with someone they've happened to see. You can see a guy in the lobby of your high school every day, eventually strike up a conversation with him and fall in love.

However, I don't really believe it's so easy anymore. You can love spending time with someone, love someone's smile or voice or smell or personality. But that doesn't really mean you love them. Because there are other things.

I've never experienced the other things. The things that you must accept. The quirks, the annoyances, the unpleasant conversations that are brought up. And I think that, until you've experienced something you must accept, something you must learn to appreciate even if it seems impossible or a waste of time, you've never really and truly been in love.

Everyone has something that will get to their partner. Be it a belief, a hobby, an obsession, a look they give you sometimes. And I think that it isn't enough to just ignore it or wait for it to pass like a phase. To love someone completely, you have to learn to love the things that initially annoy you about them. To miss those things when they are absent. To crave them when you never thought you could or would.

Acceptance.

That is love.

I'm a romantic...

http://youtube.com/posthumorously = my vlog

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 6:00 pm

I believe in soulmates, but I also think there are different types of soulmates. Not all of them have to be the opposite sex, and the love of your life, some can be you best friends, neighbors, mom, dad, brother, sister, ect.

I met someone about a year and a half, or so ago that I would consider a soulmate. We are complete opposites in some ways, but in other ways, we are almost identical. I would consider her the female version of me...almost like twins. We think and act alike, finish each other's sentances, like a lot of the exact same things, have similar lifestyles, family backrounds, and there are a lot of synchronicities between us.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 6:12 pm

I married my soul mate. He died recently, but I do know that I was amazingly lucky to meet, and marry, my hero. I wouldn't change a moment. Honestly, I do believe that you know when you've met "the one."