Do you miss someone right now?

Page 5 of 170 [ 2711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 170  Next

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,577
Location: .....Russia

21 Oct 2006, 10:38 pm

I miss my old friend Catherine. She got put away.



Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,881
Location: Victoria, Australia

28 Oct 2006, 11:44 pm

My friends from highschool. I've moved away since then and the relationships are slowly dying.



Mikka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 87
Location: The Silver State

29 Oct 2006, 4:09 pm

I miss the way my friend looked at me last week. I had a meltdown last night and he's never seen that before. Now I know when he looks at me, he sees me different and I don't think it's in a good way.



sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,609
Location: Sussex, UK

29 Oct 2006, 6:02 pm

Try to explain. It won't be easy but he might be able to understand.


_________________
The Sociable Hermit says:
Rock'n'Roll...


Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,881
Location: Victoria, Australia

30 Oct 2006, 12:29 pm

At least it will give him some insight, that's a start. The way I see it, it has 3 steps: tolerence, understanding, acceptance. We all need acceptance.



phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 May 2006
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,485
Location: The South

30 Oct 2006, 1:05 pm

Mikka wrote:
I miss the way my friend looked at me last week. I had a meltdown last night and he's never seen that before. Now I know when he looks at me, he sees me different and I don't think it's in a good way.


Some people can't handle that. It's pretty sad when people are like that too, because it's not like you are a danger to anyone.



Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2006
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,520
Location: Hiding in the attic of the Arkham Library

31 Oct 2006, 8:24 am

Yeah, Mikka, you have to explain it to some extent. NT people don't do what we do. They yell at complete strangers in traffic, or drink themselves insensible, or abuse animals or whatever dreadful behavior... Start by telling him something about how you get overwhelmed by too much interaction with people, or whatever caused your meltdown.



Mikka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 87
Location: The Silver State

31 Oct 2006, 5:25 pm

There are two updates to the change in the friendship -

1) I found out he was diagnosed with AS two years ago - so thumbs up that he knows what it's like to feel a meltdown and why they happen

2) He's not upset or confused by why I had the meltdown, but I feel weird around him because I did let him see it. Sigh... the problem is with me being too sensitive, once again.



Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2006
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,520
Location: Hiding in the attic of the Arkham Library

01 Nov 2006, 1:08 pm

Mikka wrote:
There are two updates to the change in the friendship -

2) He's not upset or confused by why I had the meltdown, but I feel weird around him because I did let him see it. Sigh... the problem is with me being too sensitive, once again.


Welcome to the wonderful world of being ASpic. First we don't talk, then we start blubbering. I can always count on my dear wife to listen intently, and then say "Oh, stop whining!!"



phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 May 2006
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,485
Location: The South

01 Nov 2006, 7:39 pm

Mikka wrote:
but I feel weird around him because I did let him see it. Sigh... the problem is with me being too sensitive, once again.


I don't think you were being too sensitive. I would be completely mortified if anyone saw me have a meltdown, even if they knew what it was. It's still pretty embarrasing. Don't blame yourself. It's normal to feel like that.
; )



Sativa
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 5 Nov 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 11

06 Nov 2006, 7:23 pm

I miss my boyfriend.


_________________
*Distinct lack of image*

Stupid rules. > . >


GenericBrandUserName
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 261
Location: Southeast Texas

15 Nov 2006, 5:52 pm

Honestly? No. I'm rather glad that I got out the four or five past relationships I was in. I felt like I was being used and manipulated by these women who obviously had sex on the brain or were bigger emotional messes than I was. When your last relationship ends because your ex dumps you for a 15-year old girl, it can leave you bitter and thinking. Hard. Since then, my trust in others, especially in the opposite sex, has been severely hindered, though it's getting better now. I've committed myself to marrying ONLY virgins, like myself, with no compromise on that. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Those women that were in my life have made my life a living Hell I'm still trying to get out of two years later. I sure as Hell don't miss them after the way they screwed with me. I've had to become more morally strict because of them, which is both a blessing and a cure in and of itself. A blessing because I'm saving myself from a life of further anguish that would eventually be the death of me. A curse because I believe virgins are a rare thing in this day in age, and I feel like my chances for meeting one, considering that I have Asperger's, are pretty much nil.

Like I said, I'm getting better, and getting over the bitterness and hate I have over this. However, I don't miss them one bit, and it's left my outlook on relationships grim and bleak.



Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Oct 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,284
Location: Perth

18 Nov 2006, 4:30 am

I miss the girl I terrified with my lack of control.

I hurt her.

I will miss her for a while yet.

At least now I'm alone again and can work on sound. Possibly.


_________________
All hail the new flesh, cause it suits me fine!


willow
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 509
Location: florida

20 Nov 2006, 8:39 pm

*sigh* yes. I had this really great friend...he has AS...he was always one of my favorite people to talk to. we hung out in person..that was cool, too. sometimes he would get very...bitter? and not want to talk to anyone. that was fine with me. but then he started having outbursts of anger at me, which I tried to deal with...but then he went off on me one day saying so many hateful things about me..cruel and hateful. I haven't talked to him since. I miss him, though.


_________________
Hey little sister what have you done?
Hey little sister who?s the only one?


Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Oct 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,284
Location: Perth

21 Nov 2006, 4:54 am

From the opinion of an AS male..

Its very hard to explain, but its definately a self-defense mechanism, in my experience it felt like I'd been repressing my passion and hate so long it overwhelmed me, and I said horrible things and did cruel things before the hatred and anger dissipated.

The reason he did it, is most likely that he was sick of hurting you, sick of bursting into anger, sick of holding himself down because of a possible obsession with you or something he's denying, this means he was trying to scare you off for good..

I've done it myself 3-4 times, in the moment my emotions were entirely switched on, so someone simply misunderstood me and I went off at them, to make sure they wouldn't hang around, I was so afraid of hurting them, that in the end I hurt them.

I know its illogical, but the on-off nature of emotions in many (all?) aspies tends to lead this way if they're not honest with themselves, its quite possible he was going through a serious point in his life where he needed to work out what he wants to do, and friendship itself was so difficult, confusing, and stressful to maintain, he simply had to cut it off to save himself.

I'm sorry for the pain, none of what I've said excuses hurting others, its simply an attempt at explaining the why, because through what I've learnt, I realised my own personal path, and I realised I will never lose it, abuse, or hurt others again.

Maybe you could message him or contact him, just to let him know you exist, you might find he actually knows he hurt you, and feels terrible about it..


_________________
All hail the new flesh, cause it suits me fine!


willow
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 509
Location: florida

21 Nov 2006, 9:18 am

Scintillate wrote:
From the opinion of an AS male..

Its very hard to explain, but its definately a self-defense mechanism, in my experience it felt like I'd been repressing my passion and hate so long it overwhelmed me, and I said horrible things and did cruel things before the hatred and anger dissipated.

The reason he did it, is most likely that he was sick of hurting you, sick of bursting into anger, sick of holding himself down because of a possible obsession with you or something he's denying, this means he was trying to scare you off for good..

I've done it myself 3-4 times, in the moment my emotions were entirely switched on, so someone simply misunderstood me and I went off at them, to make sure they wouldn't hang around, I was so afraid of hurting them, that in the end I hurt them.

I know its illogical, but the on-off nature of emotions in many (all?) aspies tends to lead this way if they're not honest with themselves, its quite possible he was going through a serious point in his life where he needed to work out what he wants to do, and friendship itself was so difficult, confusing, and stressful to maintain, he simply had to cut it off to save himself.

I'm sorry for the pain, none of what I've said excuses hurting others, its simply an attempt at explaining the why, because through what I've learnt, I realised my own personal path, and I realised I will never lose it, abuse, or hurt others again.

Maybe you could message him or contact him, just to let him know you exist, you might find he actually knows he hurt you, and feels terrible about it..



thank you :)


I've sent him emails from time to time. one of the last things he said to me was something to the effect of "YOU don't matter. I can cut you out of my life in a blink if you annoy me and never look back. " then proceeded to tell me how uninteresting and unintelligent I was. as much as I can say I know it is untrue, and I know that HE didn't really think that, otherwise we wouldn't have been friends for so long, it really was devestating (did I spell that wrong? it looks wrong. devastating. the A one looks right.) coming from him.

at any rate, he never responds.


_________________
Hey little sister what have you done?
Hey little sister who?s the only one?