What is a good pick up line on Okcupid?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

animefan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Apr 2012, 11:01 am

what would be a good line to used? (and I'm asking the ladys on this one)

what I use is "I read your profile and would like to get to know you"

need help

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 11:07 am

that's a fine "pickupline" maybe it would cause less confuson if we didn't say pickupline and changed it to something you say to people.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

I'm not a lady, but I'd strongly advise against using a "pick up line" to actually date someone. I think you should say something different to each person, preferably something that references the profile and things you may have in common. I wouldn't respond to some generic that you just say to everyone.

...unless it was, "Hey, sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?" :lol:
I would TOTALLY go out with anyone who made that reference!

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 12:29 pm

Pick up lines are stupid just be a good guy, start a normal conversation, joke around, etc

nomadder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Apr 2012, 12:55 pm

animefan wrote:

I'm a lady and I agree with diniesaur; something more specific and personal is better. eg I noticed that you like/did/read/have X and (insert your comment about X). It's not a "pick up line" - you just need to get her attention and start a conversation. It's good to finish with a question ('did you like/read Y'?) as that invites her to respond to you.

Instead of saying you read her profile, show you read it. I ignore mass mail out type emails.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 3:08 pm

nomadder wrote:
animefan wrote:

I'm a lady and I agree with diniesaur; something more specific and personal is better. eg I noticed that you like/did/read/have X and (insert your comment about X). It's not a "pick up line" - you just need to get her attention and start a conversation. It's good to finish with a question ('did you like/read Y'?) as that invites her to respond to you.

Instead of saying you read her profile, show you read it. I ignore mass mail out type emails.

Yes, questions! My parents told me to ask questions because people like to talk to themselves, and when I did, it worked! I think it also gives them something to respond to. Also, open-ended questions are better than yes/no questions because they invite paragraphs instead of one-word responses.
If you get into a conversation like that, it could also be a great opportunity to show your quirky thinking/intellegence/special interest knowledge; don't show it off, but when it's relevant you can utilize it to give her an intellegent response that will probably attract the kind of "lady" you're looking for!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 3:23 pm

Put your sexiest profile pic and visit her profile without messaging her.

By just doing that, you have a higher change that she'll message you than replying to your initiative message.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 3:44 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

By just doing that, you have a higher change that she'll message you than replying to your initiative message.

Question: Does the profile pic have to be of me?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 3:46 pm

diniesaur wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You could put your face on a really muscular body with photoshop

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 3:46 pm

diniesaur wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Of course you silly, unless you want to get slapped later or even banned from okc.

nomadder

11 Apr 2012, 6:57 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That wouldn't work for me. I'd just think the guy looked at my profile, found something he didn't like and therefore decided against contacting me.

But I like intellectual men and respond more to words than looks.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 8:35 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
diniesaur wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Of course you silly, unless you want to get slapped later or even banned from okc.

Lemme find it...where is it...Oh! Here it is!

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 1:00 am

Post a decent picture and try not to say anything stupid. When I tried it, the less I had in my profile, the more I got messaged. Of course I have a tendency to ramble and rant, so that could be a factor :(

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 6:31 am

Get over the pickup line approach because its the sort of thing that you could be sending to several girls at the same time hoping one of them will reply and this is easy to notice.

Try to find something interesting on their profile and ask them about it/mention it on your message to her.

Believe it or not most of my messages have been replied and they were basically asking them something about their profile/similar. Trouble is in keeping the conversation going...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 10:43 am

spongy wrote:
Get over the pickup line approach because its the sort of thing that you could be sending to several girls at the same time hoping one of them will reply and this is easy to notice.

Try to find something interesting on their profile and ask them about it/mention it on your message to her.

Believe it or not most of my messages have been replied and they were basically asking them something about their profile/similar. Trouble is in keeping the conversation going...

Yea this works.

Also, if you're not drop dead handsome, better to go picturelss on okc.

I had far better results without pics.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 11:05 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
spongy wrote:

Yea this works.

Also, if you're not drop dead handsome, better to go picturelss on okc.

I had far better results without pics.

I never reply to profiles without pictures. Not because I need to see if they're attractive or not but because I don't want to talk to someone who can see me when I can't see them. If you have a decent well lit photo of yourself in which you don't look like an ax-murderer I'd say use it. Besides what's the point of wasting time chatting up a girl who won't like how you look in person.
Also pick-up lines are gross and we can spot them from a million miles away. Just ask a question that shows you've read her profile (that will make you really stand out) and include a nice salutation.
Then again as an autistic person I don't/can't play games so I prefer a straight forward approach, maybe a NT girl would feel differently.