Frisky emails with a stranger

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 4:52 pm

I am married but my husband demanded a "free pass" since I haven't been too friendly with him. I said okay. He said I could have one too, which I hadn't really thought about before. I am in love with someone I met here but it's not reciprocated. I put up a profile on a dating site and several guys responded, which was nice. Lots of them were creeps. One of them was really scary. Of course, the most interesting ones are either very far away or I am too shy even to message them.

But one guy said that he liked my picture but he wanted to see "all of you." My picture was a mirror selfie. I wasn't sure if he meant "all of me" as in from the neck down or "all of me" as in undressed, so I asked for clarification. He clarified. Wow, did he ever clarify. 8O We've been playing "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" all week.

Now it's getting weird. I have never done anything like this before. It's almost fun but I don't know how far I want it to escalate. I really don't think he's that attractive and I'm not interested in meeting him. Should I just stop when I've had enough fun? Should I tell him before I cut him off? How do situations like this wind down?

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 5:26 pm

If you're not interested in meeting him, you need to tell him that. As in 'it's been fun exchanging pictures, but I'm not interested, I wish you luck.' Since it got 'weird' you need to go ahead and say goodbye.

businezguy
Raven
Raven

12 Jun 2014, 8:12 pm

I don't see any harm in this type of play. You might not find him particularly attractive, but you are getting the satisfaction of knowing somebody finds you attractive, something you needed since you are having issues with your husband.

I wouldn't say having free passes is the way to handle things in the context of a marriage, but that's my opinion and you are basically saying it's working for you. Just make sure you don't give too much information. No taking photos of yourself where there's a diploma in the background or something. I'm sure you've heard of the Craigslist killer. :-)

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 8:36 pm

It could be a phony picture collector. Be careful. If it's a local individual, you may end up with a lot of people looking at you "showing yours."

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 10:48 am

SoftwareEngineer brings up a valid point. It's never a good idea to send images featuring "naughty bits" that also include your face because they could come back to haunt you. Even if the recipient isn't local, it wouldn't be nice to imagine one's naked image being available for public consumption on the internet.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 12:34 pm

Well, I'm not so good with the camera that I can get the face and the other stuff all in one shot, anyway. I'd have to have monstrously long arms. :lol: There is nothing in any backgrounds to identify me. Thanks for your input.