Height being most important factor?

Page 1 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next


is height most important?
Yes most women have a strong preference for tall men 32%  32%  [ 7 ]
No women dont care about height unless you are very short 68%  68%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 22

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,804
Location: Near London United Kingdom

27 Oct 2021, 9:04 am

Do you think height is the most important factor when it comes to mens attractiveness towards women?

I mean surely other things matter more than height like a good looking face or having a decent job with loads of money right?



MJS7101
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 17 Oct 2021
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Posts: 21

27 Oct 2021, 9:08 am

I am 5'4" and unfortunately it does seem most women care about height quite a bit too much.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,804
Location: Near London United Kingdom

27 Oct 2021, 9:11 am

MJS7101 wrote:
I am 5'4" and unfortunately it does seem most women care about height quite a bit too much.



Do you think most women would rather date an average looking 6'2 guy over a good looking 5'6 man?



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,035
Location: Stendec

27 Oct 2021, 9:14 am

Jamesy wrote:
... surely other things matter more than height like a good looking face or having a decent job with loads of money...
..., attitude, mannerisms, sense of humor, good health, intelligence, education...



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,804
Location: Near London United Kingdom

27 Oct 2021, 9:18 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
... surely other things matter more than height like a good looking face or having a decent job with loads of money...
..., attitude, mannerisms, sense of humor, good health, intelligence, education...



I asked my mom who is 5ft1 why she didnt consider my uncle to be good looking and she said "well hes not the tallest guy"



MJS7101
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 17 Oct 2021
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Posts: 21

27 Oct 2021, 9:30 am

Jamesy wrote:
MJS7101 wrote:
I am 5'4" and unfortunately it does seem most women care about height quite a bit too much.



Do you think most women would rather date an average looking 6'2 guy over a good looking 5'6 man?


Yes personally I think women seem to almost always go for taller guys unless the short guy has the charisma of a demigod.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,035
Location: Stendec

27 Oct 2021, 9:32 am

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
... surely other things matter more than height like a good looking face or having a decent job with loads of money...
..., attitude, mannerisms, sense of humor, good health, intelligence, education...
I asked my mom who is 5ft1 why she didnt consider my uncle to be good looking and she said "well hes not the tallest guy"
Is your mom representative of ALL women?



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,804
Location: Near London United Kingdom

27 Oct 2021, 9:45 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
... surely other things matter more than height like a good looking face or having a decent job with loads of money...
..., attitude, mannerisms, sense of humor, good health, intelligence, education...
I asked my mom who is 5ft1 why she didnt consider my uncle to be good looking and she said "well hes not the tallest guy"
Is your mom representative of ALL women?


Good point



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,035
Location: Stendec

27 Oct 2021, 9:50 am

All other factors being equal, while a person's visual appearance is important for making a good impression, it is the personality that keeps people's interest.



magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,523
Location: Poland

27 Oct 2021, 10:26 am

No.
For a short woman like me, height is no factor at all.
Scent is the most important physical factor.
When the scent is okay, non-physical factors matter.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.


Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,796

27 Oct 2021, 10:41 am

You missed an option: No, most women don't care about height. Both of your options imply thinking women generally care about height.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,848
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

27 Oct 2021, 12:13 pm

I can't say I've ever given it much thought.

I happen to be short myself though and so not a lot of guys are shorter than me.



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 38,861
Location: UK

27 Oct 2021, 12:19 pm

Well for most people the first impression you see is the outward physicality of a person so maybe height, a good head of hair and a good set if teeth would perhaps win over a short, bald man with bad teeth.

That's human nature. I think it's darwinism.



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 38,861
Location: UK

27 Oct 2021, 12:28 pm

I read somewhere (a long time ago) that babies born as the the result of a one night stand have really strong genes because if the physical attraction that takes place on a one night stand.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 78,536
Location: Queens, NYC

27 Oct 2021, 12:32 pm

I'm a shrimp at just under 5 foot 5. Height sometimes is a factor---but not usually.

Most of my girlfriends have been within a couple of inches of my height.

My wife is precisely my height----though she claims I'm shorter than her.



theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,014
Location: Britain

27 Oct 2021, 12:39 pm

I never really gave it much thought at first, i thought it was all about handsome looks, athletic build, money in the bank, but yeah i think it has importance in a woman's mind.


_________________
AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)