Not wanting to date people in your own league!

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,206
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jan 2023, 3:41 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I actually prefer to date people in my own league because I don't have high standards when it comes to dating
I think people similar to me are potentially more relatable & accepting of me. However I was also very willing to date women who were in lower leagues than me for similar reasons & because I might be able to help them in some ways.

That said I don't really like the term League but understand what the tread is asking about & don't know of a better term off the top of my head. Saying "similar to yourself/myself/theirselves" sounds overly complicated to me.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"
~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 972
Location: Oklahoma

26 Jan 2023, 5:17 pm

I believe a study on Tinder found that 80% of the women were only going after the top 20% of men. That means that 60% of the women were going after men above their league.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,510
Location: Queens, NYC

26 Jan 2023, 5:40 pm

Fortunately, most people don’t go on Tinder.



ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 972
Location: Oklahoma

26 Jan 2023, 5:53 pm

Well I wonder how well that generalizes to non-on-line dating.



r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,762

26 Jan 2023, 5:58 pm

What defines a league?

Harvey Weinstein is a total toad of a man, but got all the glam women. Rich and powerful. Surely that put him in the top league. (Of course, he's in jail now, but that's not the point.)

What league am I in? I've had some rough mileage and I aged badly, but on the other hand I did well for myself and have many qualities of a good partner.


_________________
Enjoy the silence.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,510
Location: Queens, NYC

27 Jan 2023, 4:53 am

I don’t feel 80% of the women go after 20% of the men in real, actual life.

This is often-stated notion proposed by men who have trouble finding dates as sort of an “explanation.”



Minder
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Joined: 29 Feb 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 212

27 Jan 2023, 11:34 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t feel 80% of the women go after 20% of the men in real, actual life.

This is often-stated notion proposed by men who have trouble finding dates as sort of an “explanation.”


The study was done on Tinder, so yeah. It applies to Tinder users, not to the larger world. Most people do not use Tinder.

The much bigger problem on Tinder, and one that people rarely talk about for some reason, is that Tinder's userbase is estimated to be 75% male! That's obviously going to make it much harder to find a woman partner. Not to mention the fact that some number of the 25% female posters are going to be bots or abandoned/forgotten profiles. This probably informs the more commonly cited 80-20 rule, as well.

Basically yeah, don't bother with Tinder unless you're masochistic or look like a model. I've had more luck with Coffee Meets Bagel, which feels kind of like old school OKCupid. Unfortunately, you do need a Facebook account to access it.



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,523
Location: Adelaide, Australia

25 Feb 2023, 8:04 am

I wouldn't date any woman who would have me

Image


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 26,635
Location: Australia

26 Feb 2023, 3:50 am

funeralxempire wrote:
I'm not sure leagues exist,


Believe me, for the MAJORITY, there is.
Simple observation will verify this.


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine.
"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,346
Location: England

26 Feb 2023, 6:28 am

Admittedly, I have pretty much abandoned my Tinder. I should probably just close my account. You know the whole 75% male userbase aspect? Yeah. Still an issue when you have it set to woman seeking woman.

Tinder on this side is mostly couples looking for a third. Which is disappointing when you match with someone and then you find out about the boyfriend.

I think the most disappointing experience was when I matched with someone and found out that she had a girlfriend of four years whom she planned to marry. It was odd because she started the conversation by flirting and when I asked what she was looking for, she told me about her girlfriend and that she was just looking for friends. :?

Tinder is... certainly an experience. :lol:


_________________
23. Possibly B.A.P.


Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,392
Location: London

26 Feb 2023, 6:55 am

r00tb33r wrote:
What defines a league?

Harvey Weinstein is a total toad of a man, but got all the glam women. Rich and powerful. Surely that put him in the top league. (Of course, he's in jail now, but that's not the point.)

What league am I in? I've had some rough mileage and I aged badly, but on the other hand I did well for myself and have many qualities of a good partner.

Well yeah, if you count rape and sexual assault as getting women.


_________________
"A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say." - Ian Curtis


Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1932
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,320
Location: wales

26 Feb 2023, 6:57 am

Where_am_I wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
What defines a league?

Harvey Weinstein is a total toad of a man, but got all the glam women. Rich and powerful. Surely that put him in the top league. (Of course, he's in jail now, but that's not the point.)

What league am I in? I've had some rough mileage and I aged badly, but on the other hand I did well for myself and have many qualities of a good partner.

Well yeah, if you count rape and sexual assault as getting women.


His powerful position got the women and as toads often do, he exploited is position to sexually abuse women.

It seems to be very common with men in powerful positions.



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1932
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,320
Location: wales

26 Feb 2023, 7:09 am

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I'm not sure leagues exist,


Believe me, for the MAJORITY, there is.
Simple observation will verify this.


Agree. I see this all the time in work. Being noticeably ripped seems to increase the number of women these ripped men get tenfold.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,852
Location: Near London United Kingdom

26 Feb 2023, 10:17 am

Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I'm not sure leagues exist,


Believe me, for the MAJORITY, there is.
Simple observation will verify this.


Agree. I see this all the time in work. Being noticeably ripped seems to increase the number of women these ripped men get tenfold.



Does physique play a large part in attractiveness?



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1932
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,320
Location: wales

26 Feb 2023, 10:48 am

Jamesy wrote:
Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I'm not sure leagues exist,


Believe me, for the MAJORITY, there is.
Simple observation will verify this.


Agree. I see this all the time in work. Being noticeably ripped seems to increase the number of women these ripped men get tenfold.



Does physique play a large part in attractiveness?


Yes.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,852
Location: Near London United Kingdom

26 Feb 2023, 10:54 am

Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I'm not sure leagues exist,


Believe me, for the MAJORITY, there is.
Simple observation will verify this.


Agree. I see this all the time in work. Being noticeably ripped seems to increase the number of women these ripped men get tenfold.



Does physique play a large part in attractiveness?


Yes.



I was told you can have a body like Baywatch but a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp