do you find autistic girls attractive?

Page 28 of 31 [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

cakey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2013, 4:00 pm

I think a lot of the girls are pretty/cute on here.

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2013, 4:07 pm

cakey wrote:
I think a lot of the girls are pretty/cute on here.

Hmmm. From your picture, you look very cute. In fact, a little too cute to be normal. Your profile says you are neurotypical, but I think I see a bit of autistic flair - yes, just enough to stylistically attractive. Shall we say "you are abnormally cute?"

cakey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2013, 4:09 pm

I am NT with an AS BF. Nah, you flatter me, I look better in photos lol.

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2013, 4:22 pm

cakey wrote:
I am NT with an AS BF. Nah, you flatter me, I look better in photos lol.

The autistic influence in your life does you well. Are you a very verbal communicator?

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 9:00 pm

Responding to the OP: I'm engaged to one, so I guess the answer is "yes" :)

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

29 Mar 2013, 1:10 am

If a woman is attractive I think they are attractive.

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 5:30 am

Isn't this like asking, if all black women are attractive? As an example?

Too much of a generalisation? Or are all autistic women meant to look a "certain" way?

I haven't read the whole thread, so pardon me, if I am asking repeated questions.

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

29 Mar 2013, 6:42 am

aspiesandra27 wrote:

Too much of a generalisation? Or are all autistic women meant to look a "certain" way?

I haven't read the whole thread, so pardon me, if I am asking repeated questions.

The question implicitly asks if the commonality of autism is a factor in attraction. Keeping mind, autism can be a hugely negative factor in many relationships. Since a lot of factors go into attractiveness, and body language seems to be one of them, a parameter that addresses body language seems reasonable to me. So, it's really a specific instance of the general issue of how autism affects relationships.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 7:17 am

aspiesandra27 wrote:

Well, there's a common lack of skill to express emotions through your facial expression and/or voice tone, both in men and women. Pictures in this forum show it clearly.

Sometimes, I dunno why, it looks cute. But in general, it uses to be unattractive.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 9:57 am

Neurological disorders have no adverse effect on appearence whatsoever!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 10:15 am

What if someone said no! I mean it can go both ways right?9 out of 10 neurotypical women don't find autistic men attractive at all because they are afraid they would have to babysit.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 10:43 am

aspiesandra27 wrote:
Isn't this like asking if all black women are attractive? As an example?

I don't have the energy to read the whole thread but I was thinking the same thing.^^^

Facial expressions do not equal attractiveness. Body language does not equal attractiveness. Who knows how many people we think are attractive that are on the spectrum.

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

29 Mar 2013, 11:09 am

IlovemyAspie wrote:
aspiesandra27 wrote:

I don't have the energy to read the whole thread but I was thinking the same thing.^^^

Facial expressions do not equal attractiveness. Body language does not equal attractiveness. Who knows how many people we think are attractive that are on the spectrum.

Where have the two of you been? This forum is filled with people who face these challenges when just trying to meet someone or get enough attention to find out they are nice. If you read dating ads, how often do you see a nice smile as a requirement? The question was not posed in a way that restricts the scope to simple physical attributes. And, none of the comments have been anything like "I think an NT girl makes a miniskirt look better than an ASD girl," or otherwise.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 11:22 am

ShelbyGt500 wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
aspiesandra27 wrote:

Where have the two of you been? This forum is filled with people who face these challenges when just trying to meet someone or get enough attention to find out they are nice. If you read dating ads, how often do you see a nice smile as a requirement? The question was no posed in a way that restricts the scope to simple physical attributes. And, none of the comments have been anything like "I think an NT girl makes a miniskirt look better than an ASD girl," or otherwise.

Where have I been?? My profile says I've been on WP for about a year. Long enough to know about the issues of which you speak.
I don't read dating ads. I can only go by what I look for when dating. When I would describe my Aspie guy the first thing on the list wasn't his smile.
I think we both mentioned we didn't read the entire thread. So maybe that's why we didnt get the gist. But that's why I prefaced my comment the way i did.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 11:33 am

IlovemyAspie wrote:
ShelbyGt500 wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
aspiesandra27 wrote:

Where have the two of you been? This forum is filled with people who face these challenges when just trying to meet someone or get enough attention to find out they are nice. If you read dating ads, how often do you see a nice smile as a requirement? The question was no posed in a way that restricts the scope to simple physical attributes. And, none of the comments have been anything like "I think an NT girl makes a miniskirt look better than an ASD girl," or otherwise.

Where have I been?? My profile says I've been on WP for about a year. Long enough to know about the issues of which you speak.
I don't read dating ads. I can only go by what I look for when dating. When I would describe my Aspie guy the first thing on the list wasn't his smile.
I think we both mentioned we didn't read the entire thread. So maybe that's why we didnt get the gist. But that's why I prefaced my comment the way i did.
Was it his sense of humor and quirky goofy personality?

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 11:45 am

[quote="AspieOtaku"][quote="IlovemyAspie"][quote="ShelbyGt500"][quote="IlovemyAspie"][quote="aspiesandra27"] Isn't this like asking if all black women are attractive? As an example?

I haven't read the whole thread, so pardon me, if I am asking repeated questions.[/quote]

Facial expressions do not equal attractiveness. Body language does not equal attractiveness. Who knows how many people we think are attractive that are on the spectrum.[/quote]

Where have the two of you been? This forum is filled with people who face these challenges when just trying to meet someone or get enough attention to find out they are nice. If you read dating ads, how often do you see a nice smile as a requirement? The question was no posed in a way that restricts the scope to simple physical attributes. And, none of the comments have been anything like "I think an NT girl makes a miniskirt look better than an ASD girl," or otherwise.[/quote]

I think we both mentioned we didn't read the entire thread. So maybe that's why we didnt get the gist. But that's why I prefaced my comment the way i did.[/quote]Was it his sense of humor and quirky goofy personality?[/quote]

He can be funny but it's not what he's known for. That would be me :D lol. He's highly intelligent. The conversations we used to have at the beginning stemmed around gmo's (genetically mutated organisms-I think??? Can't remember) and stuff like that. I think it was his quirkiness in general. He didn't put to much emphasis on fashion, minded his own business and pretty much kept to himself. The exact opposite of me! Lol. Not to mention I find him attractive. Something drew me in and had me fixated on him.