Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2007, 8:31 pm

She's not imaginary! :x She's a blow up doll. :P

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 12:09 am

I have three imaginary friends who no one knows about. They're like my secret cheer squad when things get rough. They're also good for a laugh.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 12:40 pm

Well... I like to take my favorite characters from shows I watch and put them in my own imaginary world. I usually just sit back and play their adventures over in my mind like I'm watching a show on TV. Sometimes I pretend to call them on the telephone. :)

My imagination is a huge part of my life. The other day I was stunned when my little brother said that he didn't have an imagination. I told my mom that I couldn't picture a life without an imaginary world. She said that most people give up having imaginary worlds when they're my brother's age.

I'll probably always have my imagination. Some people might think it's childish, but I love it and I'm going to keep it.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 3:32 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Well... I like to take my favorite characters from shows I watch and put them in my own imaginary world. I usually just sit back and play their adventures over in my mind like I'm watching a show on TV. Sometimes I pretend to call them on the telephone. :)

My imagination is a huge part of my life. The other day I was stunned when my little brother said that he didn't have an imagination. I told my mom that I couldn't picture a life without an imaginary world. She said that most people give up having imaginary worlds when they're my brother's age.

I'll probably always have my imagination. Some people might think it's childish, but I love it and I'm going to keep it.

Exactly. Everyone gave me grief when I was 13 for seeing my imaginary friends and having my imaginary island where I went.

My biggest regret is letting the bullying get to me. But I have my imaginary friends back again, it's all good.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 4:37 pm

Kezzstar wrote:
Exactly. Everyone gave me grief when I was 13 for seeing my imaginary friends and having my imaginary island where I went.

My biggest regret is letting the bullying get to me. But I have my imaginary friends back again, it's all good.

Y'know, I tried to get rid of a certain imaginary friend of mine just because people online made fun of the series he originated from. I was scared that if people knew I liked him so much they'd make fun of me too.

Now I've reached the point where I realize that it doesn't matter what others think, because my imaginary friends are a source of comfort for me and that's all that counts.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 1:43 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Kezzstar wrote:

Y'know, I tried to get rid of a certain imaginary friend of mine just because people online made fun of the series he originated from. I was scared that if people knew I liked him so much they'd make fun of me too.

Now I've reached the point where I realize that it doesn't matter what others think, because my imaginary friends are a source of comfort for me and that's all that counts.

True, but it's hard when you're 14 and even the people you consider friends give you grief.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 9:08 am

I would dance as a child in my room and imagine that there were other children dancing with me in a circle, but I don't think I had a real imaginary friend as such. I more often than not imagine in my head having conversations and situations with the character in my favourite films or Tv shows, and these days, also with those I like in my real life but who for reasons unknown will not talk to me...inside my head, I can have anything I want happen and that is the only place I have friends in truth.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

28 Feb 2007, 9:45 pm

ok this is going to soound terribly bizzare but i always fantasize that i have a half brother in the world somewhere and one day we just meet up and are like best friends for the rest of our life. hahaha

trent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2007, 11:26 pm

When I was in first grade, I had an imaginary friend named Isabel. And one night, I had this dream that she got hit by a car and died. I sort of half-imagine imaginary friends. That is, while I can vividly picture what they look like, and how they'll cuddle me, they're usually based on real life people. Isabel, however , was, from what I remember fully imagined.