Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1141 of 1147 [ 18345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1138, 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144 ... 1147  Next

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 8:34 pm

I love my pets. I know, that's an absolutely shocking truth.

I have two cats, a rabbit, and a dog. I also enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 3:36 pm

I often have been able to win at the childhood game of Twister; due, to having an unusual physical form

Nothing changes, days go by

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 3:05 pm

At times I am particularly eloquent in writing, but that just makes the rest of my writing look even worse by comparison :oops: Plus I get the whole “clearly you can do better, so why aren’t you doing better?” thing I have consistently been told all my life :roll:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

When you assume, it makes an a** out of u and me.

Hating others for supporting hateful people does nothing to stop the spread of hatred.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 6:57 pm

I used to be able to do Karaoke very well, when I was much younger

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 2:40 am

I'm usually the one doing the rejecting than the other way around.

That's because it's usually others who wanted something from me than the other way around.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 11:14 am

Not the lyrics, but the title from the song is a random truth about myself.
And actualy, i hope it never goes away :mrgreen:

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 3:59 pm

I've actually got a student in trouble when I was in middle school for uttering the word orgasm; when, in fact the word in the paragraph in the book clearly stated, organism. :lol:

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 6:24 pm

I remember a first grade assignment that had the word 'arrange' in it, but I read it as 'orange', and the request didn't quite make sense, but I did the best I could with an orange crayon. Worst part is, there was another student working with me, and he did the same stupid thing I did!

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 10:20 pm

I am only human in body. I don’t know what I otherwise am, just that it isn’t human. Mind, instincts, nature, etc, humans and I are completely alien to each other (regardless of neurology). And I do not understand how not thinking I’m really human means that I must see myself as somehow “less-than” (the reaction I’ve gotten the very few times I’ve mentioned it to anyone) (Humans in general sure do have a superiority complex :roll: ). Nor do I consider myself superior in any way. “Different” can, in fact, simply mean “different.”

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

When you assume, it makes an a** out of u and me.

Hating others for supporting hateful people does nothing to stop the spread of hatred.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 12:07 pm

My life functioning is in WC :( In one, big, bepooped WC :cry:

I have problems with writing longer posts in the Internet quite regularly. For example today.

I might have quite serious negative symptoms of schizophrenia (lack of energy, apathy, abulia etc.), as severe as never before in my life... But I have no diagnosis of schizophrenia now. My next visit with a psychiatrist is planned only 18.05.2021 (nearly three weeks from today). I have also very peculiar "hypotheses", "ideas", "delusions" which I reject by power of will and religion but they look often pleasant and logical... I often made fun of anatomy and physiology last times :( It is absurdal, "hebephrenic-looking".

I had an argument with aggressive and vulgar mother about 6:55 p.m. - 7 p.m. CEST today. She told me very bad things and I definitely disagreed with her stupid texts, although not using vulgarisms and maybe even not using loud voice. My family is dysfunctional and pathological to a certain degree. Father can be obviously worse in behavior than mother...

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 12:08 pm

Today is the 40th anniversary of the day I changed my forename.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Apr 2021, 12:11 pm

My wisdom teeth are only starting to show up.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 12:13 pm

Tomorrow is my worst trauma-related day of the year.

I'm trying to think of ways to distract myself, and celebrate the gains I've made since that terrible time began.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 12:49 pm

IsabellaLinton - wish I could help - do you know anything about DBT and Distress tolerance techniques - I suppose you already do.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 12:51 pm

Today is my Father's birthday - it is a big one - he is 80!
This might just mean that am also getting older - and my role is changing - and my identity feels strange.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 1:07 pm

I hate phone calls so much that I am apparently willing to type in three different prescriptions and go through automated dialogue four times, just so I don't have to talk to someone for what would at most be 30 seconds. lol

I have two cats, a rabbit, and a dog. I also enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.