very disturbing articles about autism

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2010, 11:44 am

pezar wrote:
Oh, I was exposed to it my whole childhood. My dad CONSTANTLY threatened to kill me for things that, looking back, were caused by autism. He kept saying that, one day, I would make "the wrong person" angry (for something I couldn't control, of course), and that that person would kill me and make the world a better place. I grew up truly believing I deserved to die for my "differentness", which of course was all my fault, and that my own death was a matter of time, and that the world would celebrate once I was gone.

At times, growing up became "101 Ideas On How To Get Rid Of Pezar", including being buried alive, abandoned in the desert, and having my nose and mouth sealed with duct tape. Kids at school urged me to kill myself. By the time I started coming to school with cuts, the taunting trailed off, but it was too late. When I recently brought home a $2500 dentist's bill, my dad once again launched into the whole you-deserve-to-die spiel. I'm 35, for cripe's sake! I guess I'll never be accepted anywhere, and really SHOULD die! :cry:

No, if anybody deserves to die, it's your father. Nobody should say that to their children, especially over issues caused by a handicap. Feel free to tell us his contact information or maybe even seek legal recourse, though the possibilities of that may be unlikely.

Awiddershinlife
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2010, 7:05 pm

PHISHA51 wrote:
You've all probably heard of this family before, but at least they have the courage as parents to handle all of this. Impressive 8)

Yes, but the news coverage sucked

Awiddershinlife
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2010, 7:23 pm

PHISHA51 wrote:
I always felt a bit iffy about the family being allowed to have these children back so quickly but that is just me I supposed. The way they describe the mom's mental state kinda scares me.

I don't understand why you come to this opinion after reading the article? Do you know details not in this artcle?

From the article, I'd say the mom had every right to hit the wall. It sounds like it was a stupid social worker who didn't know crap (and had not sense of humor) who was the problem.

Raising six young children is a big job. I know many parents of a single autistic kid who are frequently critisized for not controlling the child, what must it be like for someone with six.

I think this was attempted eugenics by that community.

Awiddershinlife
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2010, 7:27 pm

pezar wrote:
Oh, I was exposed to it my whole childhood. My dad CONSTANTLY threatened to kill me for things that, looking back, were caused by autism. He kept saying that, one day, I would make "the wrong person" angry (for something I couldn't control, of course), and that that person would kill me and make the world a better place. I grew up truly believing I deserved to die for my "differentness", which of course was all my fault, and that my own death was a matter of time, and that the world would celebrate once I was gone.

At times, growing up became "101 Ideas On How To Get Rid Of Pezar", including being buried alive, abandoned in the desert, and having my nose and mouth sealed with duct tape. Kids at school urged me to kill myself. By the time I started coming to school with cuts, the taunting trailed off, but it was too late. When I recently brought home a $2500 dentist's bill, my dad once again launched into the whole you-deserve-to-die spiel. I'm 35, for cripe's sake! I guess I'll never be accepted anywhere, and really SHOULD die! :cry:

What a horrible thing!! Don't let the b*****ds get you down!!