Bus Aide Arrested For Abuse of Autistic Boy

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Vector
Toucan
Toucan

04 Dec 2010, 9:53 pm

72-year-old Florida bus aide Marilyn Onie has been arrested for abusing a nonverbal fourteen year-old boy. She was captured on video slapping him and threatening to break his wrist.

I don't usually link to my own site, but in this case I've put together links to the police report and two videos, in which both Onie and her husband blame the boy for here abuse.

Click here to be saddened and disgusted.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

05 Dec 2010, 1:10 am

I was beat up on a school bus by two guys and the bus driver was smiling while it was happening...they repeatedly kicked me in the head and punched me. When we stopped at my house, my mom saw what was happening and then went bolting out the door. That was when the bus driver pushed me out and slammed the door. I tried telling my parents beforehand that there were problems with the bus driver, but my dad convinced my mom that nothing was wrong.

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2010, 1:29 pm

I want to see the real video, the one where she's (possibly) hurting the kid. The journalist in me is yelling that there are two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth. One side, you have (I believe) the police report that said she taunted the student, hit him several times, and threatened to snap his wrists. On the other, you have a woman saying she was trying to protect herself from his stimming (and it's obvious to me that that's what he was doing was stimming). Even 18 hours a year (only of which a fraction involves special needs students) is hardly enough to remove the natural instinct to stop someone from hurting you, which, if the kid was actually kicking her due to his stims, would have probably been the case. The video would settle everything.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 7:14 pm

Is there a link to the real video?

Om Nom 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2010, 8:59 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Is there a link to the real video?

From the news report, the cops aren't releasing the real video. I don't remember why. However, when the trial comes along, it'll be out there because the jurors will probably have watched it. So now we wait.