Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,022
Location: in my own little tamarillo jungle,

02 Mar 2011, 9:44 am

leejosepho wrote:
TheKing wrote:
PJW wrote:
The wrong is the logical fallacy of being tolerant of intolerance in the name of promoting tolerance.

exactly

At face value, yes. However, there is a certain type of tolerance occasionally found necessary and/or useful even while nevertheless remaining intolerant:

"Most of us sense that real tolerance of other people's shortcomings and viewpoints and a respect for their opinions are attitudes which make us more useful to others." ("A.A.", the book, page 19)

Said viewpoints and shortcomings are worthless, we know, yet we must tolerate each others' rights to have them while yet trying to sort things out.


its true everyone has the right to different values and opinions, but people also have the right to judge you in their eyes, i cant seem to make anything fit very well here, i hope you get what i mean.

on another note, should people respect other peoples actions if those actions ultimately prove to devalue another consciouss being?


_________________
//through chaos comes complexity//

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.


leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,011
Location: 200 miles south of Little Rock

02 Mar 2011, 9:52 am

Oodain wrote:
its true everyone has the right to different values and opinions, but people also have the right to judge you in their eyes, i cant seem to make anything fit very well here, i hope you get what i mean.

Absolutely. I might have an opinion saying vanilla ice cream should be the only flavor ever available anywhere, for example, and yet you could rightly judge me to be wrong as you might see things.

Oodain wrote:
on another note, should people respect other peoples actions if those actions ultimately prove to devalue another conscious being?

There is the point in all of this. You can respect my right to have an opinion about flavors of ice cream, but that "right" does not give my mere opinion any value whatsoever ... and especially not if/when it might rob you of savoring your own preference for chocolate ice cream.

Everyone has a right to be wrong, but no one has a right to be wrong about the facts.


_________________
I began looking for someone like me when I was five ...
My search ended at 59 ... right here on WrongPlanet.
==================================


Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,022
Location: in my own little tamarillo jungle,

02 Mar 2011, 9:59 am

its a shame that the simplest lessons are often the hardest to teach.


_________________
//through chaos comes complexity//

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.


leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,011
Location: 200 miles south of Little Rock

02 Mar 2011, 10:05 am

Oodain wrote:
its a shame that the simplest lessons are often the hardest to teach.

Providence seems the most patient and "tolerant" teacher; we are each allowed to take as long as we wish to learn even the simplest of lessons, eh?!

Peace to you.


_________________
I began looking for someone like me when I was five ...
My search ended at 59 ... right here on WrongPlanet.
==================================


murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,134

02 Mar 2011, 12:03 pm

ryan93 wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
If you're intolerant of the intolerant, are you intolerant of yourself for being intolerant?

I like how Autism Speaks is randomly in there haha


as far as im aware Autism Speaks advocates a cure for autism so they a hate group in my book


As long as it isn't forced upon people it's fine. Many would gladly take a cure.


Agreed there.


_________________
'Ave we had a national f**king stroke!??


TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,100
Location: Merced, California

03 Mar 2011, 10:47 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
TheKing wrote:
If there is one thing im really intolerant to is the hate groups on earth that spread their mindless hate mongering such as WBC, KKK, Autism Speaks, Neo Nazis, Aryan Nations, Aryan Army, Taliban, etc.......


Is there anything wrong with that at all? lol


Who in the heck is the WBC?

why you looking to join? :lol: <-- Joke I know that you are a good guy.
I assume Westboro Baptist Church?
-Jake


Yes


_________________
WP Strident Atheist
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.


TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,100
Location: Merced, California

03 Mar 2011, 10:48 am

murphycop wrote:
ryan93 wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
If you're intolerant of the intolerant, are you intolerant of yourself for being intolerant?

I like how Autism Speaks is randomly in there haha


as far as im aware Autism Speaks advocates a cure for autism so they a hate group in my book


As long as it isn't forced upon people it's fine. Many would gladly take a cure.


Agreed there.


i know this topic has been discussed many times on this site but as many have said in the past i believe you will no longer be you because your autism does make up a large portion of who you are


_________________
WP Strident Atheist
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.


murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,134

03 Mar 2011, 11:25 am

TheKing wrote:
murphycop wrote:
ryan93 wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
If you're intolerant of the intolerant, are you intolerant of yourself for being intolerant?

I like how Autism Speaks is randomly in there haha


as far as im aware Autism Speaks advocates a cure for autism so they a hate group in my book


As long as it isn't forced upon people it's fine. Many would gladly take a cure.


Agreed there.


i know this topic has been discussed many times on this site but as many have said in the past i believe you will no longer be you because your autism does make up a large portion of who you are


I'm not sure about that. I think we'd just lose a lot of traits we wanted to get rid of anyway.


_________________
'Ave we had a national f**king stroke!??


TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,100
Location: Merced, California

03 Mar 2011, 12:45 pm

murphycop wrote:
TheKing wrote:
murphycop wrote:
ryan93 wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
If you're intolerant of the intolerant, are you intolerant of yourself for being intolerant?

I like how Autism Speaks is randomly in there haha


as far as im aware Autism Speaks advocates a cure for autism so they a hate group in my book


As long as it isn't forced upon people it's fine. Many would gladly take a cure.


Agreed there.


i know this topic has been discussed many times on this site but as many have said in the past i believe you will no longer be you because your autism does make up a large portion of who you are


I'm not sure about that. I think we'd just lose a lot of traits we wanted to get rid of anyway.


well, personally anyway, most of my interests and why i do what i do are in relation to my autism all of it is positive except for lack of peers which is also a good thing though in the end because friends are just a distraction from your goal they will do nothing but slow you down, i only have one actual friend my friend Cheyenne and thats because she is like a female version of me so we get along very well.


_________________
WP Strident Atheist
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.


murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,134

03 Mar 2011, 1:17 pm

TheKing wrote:
murphycop wrote:
TheKing wrote:
murphycop wrote:
ryan93 wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
If you're intolerant of the intolerant, are you intolerant of yourself for being intolerant?

I like how Autism Speaks is randomly in there haha


as far as im aware Autism Speaks advocates a cure for autism so they a hate group in my book


As long as it isn't forced upon people it's fine. Many would gladly take a cure.


Agreed there.


i know this topic has been discussed many times on this site but as many have said in the past i believe you will no longer be you because your autism does make up a large portion of who you are


I'm not sure about that. I think we'd just lose a lot of traits we wanted to get rid of anyway.


well, personally anyway, most of my interests and why i do what i do are in relation to my autism all of it is positive except for lack of peers which is also a good thing though in the end because friends are just a distraction from your goal they will do nothing but slow you down, i only have one actual friend my friend Cheyenne and thats because she is like a female version of me so we get along very well.


Yeah, I guess there's that side of it too. Thats good you have a friend like that. Quality friends are definitely better than quantity.


_________________
'Ave we had a national f**king stroke!??