Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2012, 7:47 am

I play The Sims 3 website and frequently check the Forums on the website. Just in case you are not acquainted with the game it's basically just the lives of people living in a town. You can buy furniture, cars, etc from their website.

Quite a number of people, including myself, feel as though the prices for these virtual objects is quite high and they post messages complaining aka discussing their opinions. Those who do not agree with them for one reason or another have posted replies saying that there is no reason to complain for various reasons. I noticed that there is no one saying anything to them.

To me this looks as though it is not ok to complain about something, but it is ok to complain about those people who are complaining. :scratch: I really did want to bring this up on that thread. What stopped me from doing it is that usually my messages are totally ignored. :? Usually I have different view point than everyone else.

Please tell me that you will not ignore this thread. You will give me your opinion on this so that I could be just a little bit closer to understand the workings of the brains aka way of thinking of NTs.

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2012, 8:10 am

I think that complaining can be useful because that's what brings about change. That's why I hate that when Americans complain about a political issue they are told to shut up and be patriotic. If you don't complain about things that are wrong they won't change. BTW-I play The Sims games also. I'm just too cheap to buy the extra stuff, xd.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 9:00 am

I play Sims 3 also and they are never getting a single cent from me for the overpriced junk in their store. Actually I'm not sure if I'm even going to buy any more sims games, at least not until Sims 4. I worry that eventually their horrible glitches will break my game so bad that I can't play it. I have all the expansions and stuff packs out so far and that is enough.

I posted once before on a forum for an online game I play that people tend to think that their own complaining is "important feedback" and other people's complaints are "pointless whining".

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2012, 9:35 am

Thanks for replying. I find that usually no one gives me answers to my posts on that website.

The subject matter that I was writing about was the prices at the store. Some people were saying that they were too high some were saying that no one should be complaining. No one said anything to the latter group.

I didn't buy anything from the store when I was playing the Sims 2, but I do now. Playing this game is about as close to living in a house as I will ever get. When I was 6 I wanted to live in one. For the past 10 years I have been living, with my BFF, in a one bedroom 5th wheel RV. You might say that I live a fantasy life in my Sims game.

Hanyo, I really like your comment "I posted once before on a forum for an online game I play that people tend to think that their own complaining is "important feedback" and other people's complaints are "pointless whining".

Hanyo and LadySera are you on the Sims 3 website? If you are I would be very happy to have the two of you on my friends list. :D I always feel as though 98% of the people on that site are NTs.

Hanyo, if are having trouble with your game there are people on the website who are very good at helping. Let alone you can go on to Origin (the new name of the EA store) and ask for help so that you can play it.

The Sims 3 is basically for me a substitute to socializing with breathing humans.

snpeden
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jan 2012, 12:02 pm

Just wanted to add that I also love the Sims 3, and it's nice to see others here that enjoy it!

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 12:05 pm

Well if it's the official site, it's likely the company wants to discourage complaints about their prices if they're getting away with ripping people off regardless.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 2:21 pm

I see nothing wrong with complaining, because it brings forth positive changes.

Om Nom 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 2:30 pm

Hi, I don't play 'The Sims' or any other online game, but why have a website or any other avenue for communication if people are not allowed to COMMUNICATE? You expressed your opinions honestly, validly (did I just make up a word?), how does anyone else have the right to say you cannot?

Sylkat

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2012, 7:48 pm

The people who are complaining about the complainers are players, not employees of EA.

I do remember reading some place on the Forums that one of the people who made the comments has bought everything, absolutely everything, that is sold at the Sims 3 store. My opinion is that he might feel pretty foolish doing that with so many people saying that they will not buy a lot of things sold because it's just too expensive.

Did you ever meet people who think they are just too 'cool, swift, wonderful' for words? A lot of them post messages on the Sims 3 website.

Cockney Rebel, I definitely agree with you that complaining can help bring about positive changes.

Maybe their problem is that they are not autistic. They're NTs. What do they know? :wink: :chin:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Jan 2012, 6:51 am

I only played the 1st Sims & that was very briefly because I got bored with it very fast but that issue with complaining is not just a thing related to the Sims forum. I used to complain a lot(well a lot more than I do now thou I may still do it a lot) & people on other forums were very quick to complain about me complaining which I also thought was hypocritical. I think people hate negativity in general & would rather fallow the ostrich effect of ignoring or denying problems hoping they'd go away. It shatters their delusional fantasy when someone complains about reality so people misdirect their hurt onto the person. People also hate negativity in general because they are easily brought down by it so they get negative towards people who are

~King Of The Hill

"Hear all, trust nothing"

~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition