Page 381 of 383 [ 6127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383  Next

honeytoast
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 405
Location: 1Q84

02 Nov 2020, 11:20 pm

KikiKitty678 wrote:
Lab Girl by Hope Jahren is about the life experiences of a botanist. It’s pretty good.

Does anyone have any suggestions for adult books to read based on childhood fairytales? I like books that have a hint of being based on of children’s books but not really.

You may like the Wicked series. They’re based around the Wizard of Oz and the Wicked Witch of the East. The author has also written up his own versions of Cinderella, Snow White.

This isn’t based on a fairytale but it’s like one. It’s called Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.


_________________
dear god, dear god, tinkle tinkle hoy.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,121
Location: Australia

02 Nov 2020, 11:30 pm

honeytoast wrote:

This isn’t based on a fairytale but it’s like one. It’s called Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.


Most appropriate reading, for "Her Infernal Majesty". :twisted:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


!


honeytoast
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 405
Location: 1Q84

23 Nov 2020, 1:18 am

Pepe wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

This isn’t based on a fairytale but it’s like one. It’s called Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.


Most appropriate reading, for "Her Infernal Majesty". :twisted:


What do you read, dear skunk?


_________________
dear god, dear god, tinkle tinkle hoy.


PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 May 2016
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,959
Location: Yorkshire, UK

25 Nov 2020, 3:22 pm

One benefit of unpopularity is that very few people notice or care when I have one of my periodic Big Internet Meltdowns.


_________________
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.


holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 251

27 Nov 2020, 4:56 pm

FFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK!



PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 May 2016
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,959
Location: Yorkshire, UK

27 Nov 2020, 5:39 pm

holymackerel wrote:
FFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK!

oh nice thats how to get it through the swear filter.


_________________
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.


holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 251

27 Nov 2020, 6:04 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
holymackerel wrote:
FFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK!

oh nice thats how to get it through the swear filter.

I know it sounds trivial, but I am getting downvoted to hell on imgur because there is a post of people throwing pigeons on the street at eachother. I said it is animal cruelty and most people disagree with me. It makes me so angry that people in society are so happy to make pigeons terrified to get a laugh, and now I think that most people are shitttty and I have just got to get along with that. I'm the guy getting downvoted to hell in two comments.

http://imgur.com/gallery/zo7P7fr



holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 251

27 Nov 2020, 7:16 pm

I literally couldn't care if I die on a hill. Fuckk anyone who fuckking disagrees with me.



Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,001

27 Nov 2020, 7:27 pm

holymackerel wrote:
PhosphorusDecree wrote:
holymackerel wrote:
FFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK!

oh nice thats how to get it through the swear filter.

I know it sounds trivial, but I am getting downvoted to hell on imgur because there is a post of people throwing pigeons on the street at eachother. I said it is animal cruelty and most people disagree with me. It makes me so angry that people in society are so happy to make pigeons terrified to get a laugh, and now I think that most people are shitttty and I have just got to get along with that. I'm the guy getting downvoted to hell in two comments.

http://imgur.com/gallery/zo7P7fr


I agree wtf



OkaySometimes
Raven
Raven

Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 109
Location: SF, CA

28 Nov 2020, 8:52 am

Just running across this thread, and figured I probably should post in it. I'm new here, and haven't interacted much, so I'm neither popular nor unpopular at the moment. But every other forum I've ever been on, some for years, I feel like I'm on "Ignore" for most people and I can't understand why. I'll answer a question on page 2 or 3, no one will interact in any way, then on like page 7 someone else (sometimes a person with less time or less post count or whatever) will say the same thing, often in the same words, and everyone "like"s the post and quotes it with agreement etc. There was a recent thread (on another unrelated forum) where I answered a person's question, he did what I had said, then on the next "page" of the thread (with only about a 24-hour difference) he posts something like "Oh, I did that thing from page 1. Can't remember who posted it, but it worked. Thanks, whoever posted that." Umm... Am I overreacting when I feel snubbed there? I mean, it's been less than 24 hours, and even if you can't remember, you're on page 2 of the thread, you don't have to dig through 50 pages of crap to try and find who posted the advice that just helped you. Right? Anyway...
I just don't understand it, and thought maybe someone would be able to help here. So far, WP has been good, but I do honestly find myself hitting "Cancel" rather than "Submit" most of the time. Some part of me is afraid the same thing will play out here. So I suppose I'm posting in this thread in the hopes of figuring out "how to be" on a forum, because I don't seem to know, and I don't want this forum to go that way. Just once, I'd like to have a group of people I can be comfortable with, and it seems like it may be more likely here, but I'm still afraid of falling into the same pits. Anyway, thanks for reading if you did.



Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2021
Gender: Male
Posts: 250
Location: Hadeland, Norway

08 Feb 2021, 8:22 am

OkaySometimes wrote:
Just running across this thread, and figured I probably should post in it. I'm new here, and haven't interacted much, so I'm neither popular nor unpopular at the moment. But every other forum I've ever been on, some for years, I feel like I'm on "Ignore" for most people and I can't understand why. I'll answer a question on page 2 or 3, no one will interact in any way, then on like page 7 someone else (sometimes a person with less time or less post count or whatever) will say the same thing, often in the same words, and everyone "like"s the post and quotes it with agreement etc. There was a recent thread (on another unrelated forum) where I answered a person's question, he did what I had said, then on the next "page" of the thread (with only about a 24-hour difference) he posts something like "Oh, I did that thing from page 1. Can't remember who posted it, but it worked. Thanks, whoever posted that." Umm... Am I overreacting when I feel snubbed there? I mean, it's been less than 24 hours, and even if you can't remember, you're on page 2 of the thread, you don't have to dig through 50 pages of crap to try and find who posted the advice that just helped you. Right? Anyway...
I just don't understand it, and thought maybe someone would be able to help here. So far, WP has been good, but I do honestly find myself hitting "Cancel" rather than "Submit" most of the time. Some part of me is afraid the same thing will play out here. So I suppose I'm posting in this thread in the hopes of figuring out "how to be" on a forum, because I don't seem to know, and I don't want this forum to go that way. Just once, I'd like to have a group of people I can be comfortable with, and it seems like it may be more likely here, but I'm still afraid of falling into the same pits. Anyway, thanks for reading if you did.


Hi

I have no idea myself, but I don't expect anyone to react or like or do anything with my posts. This system do not care of likes or not. Ofc I would like to get feedback on my thoughts, we all want that.
Look at this place as an open market place, a soap-box-speatch place, where all are hollering. If you walk around long enough, or go upon a box and start holler yourself, sooner or later you will find someone that connects. Pressing cancel do not help at all. Being early do help, picking the threads you respond to also, asking people to be friends without getting hurt from a no, then go on is crucial. Not being afraid to get negative respons is a skill worth working for. I work to acquire that skill myself, I'm s**t scared to get a 'no'.

More power to you :D



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,835
Location: Canada in person, Germany in spirit

09 Feb 2021, 10:40 am

There are some people who think I'm Alt-Right because I'm proud of my roots and because I support Trump. Trump supporters get a very bad rap on WP.


_________________
Peabody

Om Nom 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


nadroJ
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,040
Location: 93 Billion Light-Years Big Universe

12 Feb 2021, 12:42 pm

I remember when I naturally and accidentally made a friend at beginning of 1st college, after a lifetime of me being an anxious disorganised overwhelmed loner when I had autism and I was bullied and teased most my time in education (and I had ADHD since childhood), I made my first real friend, I was extremely anxious but excited to see him everyday in college and the bus, I showed him my comics doodles, we made online art together, talked about animals, could really nerd out with him, he re-taught me math's, I taught him philosophy and theories of the universe, probably the first person I met who didn't mind that I was socially shy, bit goofy and disorganised and actually - schizotypal - and I didn't have to mask with, the friendship reminds me of a spiritual exctecy actually, and a popular conservative person had the nerve to infiltrate our friendship 3/4 through the year at college by asking "do you two know something I don't? What do you two know that I don't?" well I've always sat on my own on the bus due to sensory things. Ever since then, he forgot about me and made friends with the conservative rat and I was hermit again - I really misinterapted what that person who infiltrated our friendship said and over thought it, we didn't have any secrets , I was just quite schizotypal throughout our friendship and happy that I found my first friend, so was overwhelmingly in exctecy with him. That person who infiltrated our friendship had the nerve to drive past my house earlier pointing at me maybe being mean about me when I was just going for a relaxing walk on my lonesome. Yes - me and that only friend I'd ever had were both unawarely autistic when we grew up together, we both were coincidentally diagnosed at the same time by some mystical force in EIP and met in early intervention phycosis team later on where we both said hi - But I don't have Asperger's - I have always been in the centre of the autism spectrum, meaning I've had Kanner-type Autism with AS traits since early childhood. Our friendship was no disguise - church of man love kind of stuff. A veryholy place to be. A void too remember.

Never seen that only friend again ever since. As the good lord split me in two. :(

"don't teach a dog new tricks"

In a world full of penis's and crab's who want to manipulate the machine - be a fantabulous flying unicorn! ️‍ :cyclops:

Peace and love. :heart:


_________________
How time flies bye? Through Quantum time. "Bye!" said the time fly.


Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2021
Gender: Male
Posts: 250
Location: Hadeland, Norway

13 Feb 2021, 3:42 pm

I just noticed that this forum is on of the most visited, but the number of posts do not reflect this at all.
I feel so sad for you all, and humble, and compassionate, that you don't dare express yourself, I see people say they lurch around in the shadows but not post. We are all in this hurlyburly of loss and hope and shyness together.
Its nothing wrong with lurching around, feel free. I just wish all to be and feel free and dare take part in life.

Love you all.

Regards
GG


_________________
Regards/ttfn/Cheers/Mvh/Heioghå
(pick the one suiting you)

Gaffer Gragz
Entity of our preposterous universe
Citizen of Earth


Iphone31966
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 22 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 117
Location: Pa

01 Mar 2021, 6:04 pm

I want to join this club


Image



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,647
Location: I'm right here

02 Mar 2021, 9:20 pm

I've had people agree with me. I'm not sure I've ever had people like me.