Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2005, 9:55 pm

I do! I found a cool quiz site http://www.bluepyramid.org There are 3 quizzes there, a Book quiz, a State quiz and a County quiz, my results were-

You're Watership Down
by Richard Adams
Though many think of you as a bit young, even childish, you're actually incredibly deep and complex. You show people the need to rethink their
assumptions, and confront them on everything from how they think to where they build their houses. You might be one of the greatest people of all time. You'dbe recognized as such if you weren't always talking about talking rabbits.

Watership Down has ALWAYS been one of my favorite books!!

You're Ireland!
Mystical and rain-soaked, you remain mysterious to many people, and this makes you intriguing. You also like a good night at the pub, though many are just as worried that you will blow up the pub as drink your beverage of choice. You're good with words, remarkably lucky, and know and enjoy at least fifteen ways of eating a potato. You really don't like snakes.
I'm almost half Irish, and Ireland/Irish history is one of me reoccuring obsessions

You're Wisconsin!
You are perhaps the cheesiest person alive. You like '80's music, posing
for photographs, fastballs, cartoon cheetahs, and real mice. You want to have a cow, man. You have been known to do the Forrest Gump shrimp routine with the word "cheese"replacing "shrimp". Once in a while, beer will supplement your diet of unending cheese. Deep down, though, you'd prefer to drink fermented cheese

umm.....not so sure about this one!!

So what are you guys?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2005, 10:55 pm

The state I got is so Crap i'm not going to post it.

Same with the country

The book doesn't really relate to me.

You got better ones than me :(

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2005, 11:33 pm

Book:

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
Incredibly witty and funny, you have a taste for irony in all that you see. It seems that life has put you in perpetually untenable situations, and your sense of humor is all that gets you through them. These experiences have also made you an ardent pacifist, though you present your message with tongue sewn into cheek. You could coin a phrase that replaces the word "paradox" for millions of people.

Ireland
Mystical and rain-soaked, you remain mysterious to many people, and this makes you intriguing. You also like a good night at the pub, though many are just as worried that you will blow up the pub as drink your beverage of choice. You're good with words, remarkably lucky, and know and enjoy at least fifteen ways of eating a potato. You really don't like snakes.

State:

Washington
Though you were named after some ancient and revered relative, you've taken off on your own course and are making a new name for yourself. Water dominates your life, surrounding you on many sides and usually from above. Though you say you love rain, it's really that you've forgotten that there are other types of weather to hold an opinion on. You have an amazingly eclectic interest in walls, spokes, yaks, seats, and even the Olympics. It'll all come out in the wash.

The odd thing about the test is I'm half-Irish and I actually live in Washington State. I've never read Catch-22 (but I want to), but I tend to be a witty person. I took each test twice (I didn't cheat though, these are my original answers). The second time I took the country test, I got Australia, and I'm an Australian citizen.

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2005, 12:44 am

Book:1984 by George Orwell
"You have this uncanny feeling that you're always being watched. Thus life has become a bit of a show as you try to portray yourself as much more reputable than you actually are. All around you, people seem to accept an unending stream of lies and propaganda without flinching. Your only hope may be a star-crossed love affair, but pain seems stonger than love. If you have any older brothers, be very wary of them."

"Most people think you're ineffective, but you are trying to completely save the world from itself, so there's always going to be a long way to go. You're always the one trying to get friends to talk to each other, enemies to talk to each other, anyone who can to just talk instead of beating each other about the head and torso. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, and you get very schizophrenic as a result. But your heart is in the right place, and sometimes also in New York."

State: North Dakota
"You are rather remote, and even inaccessible to the average person. While many would thus describe you as stuck-up, to you it seems more like you're just stuck. When no one is looking, you yearn to engage in 19th-century European political subterfuge. When looking for peace, head for the garden. But please, be extremely careful around wood-chippers."

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2005, 12:57 am

Quote:
You're Love in the Time of Cholera!
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Like Odysseus in a work of Homer, you demonstrate undying loyalty by sleeping with as many people as you possibly can. But in your heart you never give consent! This creates a strange quandary of what love really means to you. On the one hand, you've loved the same person your whole life, but on the other, your actions barely speak to this fact. Whatever you do, stick to bottled water. The other stuff could get you killed.

Quote:
You're New Mexico!
A fan of spelunking and cliff-dwelling, you're the adventurous, enchanting type. It seems like you can never avoid the sun, but that's what built your house in the first place so you'll manage. You probably speak Spanish, and maybe even a long-lost language in addition. And after much careful consideration, you now sometimes agree that drive-through liquor stores are not the safest idea. Even though people think of you as yellow, your favorite question is "red or green?"

Quote:
You're Libya!
It seems that these days, you just say things to get attention. Shock value is the really important thing for you now. You used to have a cause, and this made you seem like a threat to the established order, but now you just want to say wacky stuff once in a while. Air travel doesn't really mesh with your lifestyle, and you'd probably scare the security guards somehow anyway.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2005, 1:31 pm

You're One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest!
by Ken Kesey
You're crazy. This has led people to attempt to confine you to a safe place so that you don't pose a danger to yourself or others. You feel like you pose a great danger to the man (or maybe the woman) or whatever else is keeping you down. But most of the time, you just end up being observed. Were you crazy before you were confined?

Yeah, I'm a little crazy, but does it show? 8O

You're Malaysia!
You're really lanky and you enjoy spreading out over a lot of different places, but you've really got your act together these days. It's still hard for you to get respect, so you keep making greater and greater things so people will finally recognize that you've arrived. If you keep persevering, people will hopefully recognize that you have more than a nice spice cabinet to show for yourself.

Pretty accurate.

You're Minnesota!
You love hanging out around lakes, even if they're frozen solid. Given your probable Scandanavian heritage, it all just demonstrates that you're pining for the fjords. Your obsession with wrestling got a little carried away for a while there, and this should prompt some serious reflection about the separation of mind and body. It may be time to celebrate, even throw your hat up in the air. You're going to make it after all.

What?

Maril
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2005, 2:48 pm

You're Pale Fire!

by Vladimir Nabokov

You're really into poetry and the interpretation thereof. Along the
road of life, you have had several identity crises which make it very unclear who you
are, let alone how to interpret poetry. You probably came from a foreign country, but
then again you seem foreign to everyone in ways unrelated to immigration. Most people
think you're quite funny, but maybe you're just sick. Talking to you ends up being much
like playing a round of the popular board game Clue.

You're China!

Big and powerful, you have a long history behind you with more good
and bad than you care to remember, or are really capable of remembering. Lately, in
older age, you've gotten sort of crochety and even mean-spirited. There is still a
lot that's beautiful about you, but most of the focus people have when they think about you
is how hard it is to work with you. There's hope that you might start opening up to
people, but lots of people have bumper stickers about how much you should
change.

You're Puerto Rico!

While you refuse to pay taxes, you sometimes wonder if the consequences
of this are taking away all of your potential power and influence. But every time you
think about offering to pay taxes, you realize how little cash you have on hand to begin
with. Most of the folks around you look down on you and your state of limbo, but you're
trying to play both sides of the coin to your full advantage. Out of the clear blue sky,
you just became a huge fan of the Montreal Expos.

This might be a bit true.. Not all of it, I hope :lol:

tallgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2005, 5:51 pm

Quote:
You're Spain!
You like rain on the plain, as well as interesting architecture and a diverse number of races and religions. You like to explore a lot, but sailing, especially in large groups, never really seems to work out for you. Beware of pirates and dictators bearing bombs. And for heavens' sake, stop running around bulls! It's just not safe!

Quote:
You're The Guns of August!
by Barbara Tuchman
Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in the world. A fitting motto for you might be "Guns do kill, but so can diplomats."

Quote:
You're Nevada!
People are constantly mispronouncing your name, and this has provided you with a lot of frustration over the years. You prefer silver to gold, sagebrush to trees, and cards to sporting events. There is almost nothing you aren't willing to lay down a wager on, and others seek you out for advice on their own wagers. You don't take marriage terribly seriously, though you are one of its biggest proponents. Far too often these days, others are mistaking you for an industrial-strength garbage bag.

Nevada is confusing b/c I take marriage very seriously. The other two definitely describe me.

Tallgirl.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2005, 6:49 pm

Quote:
You're Ulysses!
by James Joyce
Most people are convinced that you don't make any sense, but compared to what else you could say, what you're saying now makes tons of sense. What people do understand about you is your vulgarity, which has convinced people that you are at once brilliant and repugnant. Meanwhile you are content to wander around aimlessly, taking in the sights and sounds of the city. What you see is vast, almost limitless, and brings you additional fame. When no one is looking, you dream of being a Greek folk hero.

Quote:
You're Lebanon!
Your room's a mess. Your house is a mess. Heck, your life is a mess. It all used to be really beautiful, and someone even compared you to Paris once, but that's all been replaced with heartache and struggle. You're small, have been influenced by outsiders for too long, and don't know what to think about religion. At least you smell rather pleasant!

Quote:
You're the State of Greed!
You were put on earth to make money and by golly, that's what you're going to do. You remain convinced that everything Adam Smith said is literally true and somehow believe that your self-interest will make everyone else happier, too. Even if it doesn't, that's not going to make you lose as much sleep as government regulation might. Though people warn you that your cutthroat business practices and shady kickbacks may catch up with you someday, you rest assured knowing that once you've secured a monopoly, there can be no consequences.

Dan
Raven
Raven

11 Mar 2005, 7:49 pm

Quote:
You're North Korea!
Look out! You're absolutely wacko. Completely insane. There's no telling what you're going to do, and it could make you a danger to yourself and others. People are so scared of you that they usually just cover their eyes and pretend you're not there. The main impact this has had is to make you even more scary, as you yearn for attention and contact with the outside world. Everyone just wants you to calm down.

Quote:
You're 1984!
by George Orwell
You have this uncanny feeling that you're always being watched. Thus life has become a bit of a show as you try to portray yourself as much more reputable than you actually are. All around you, people seem to accept an unending stream of lies and propaganda without flinching. Your only hope may be a star-crossed love affair, but pain seems stonger than love. If you have any older brothers, be very wary of them.

Quote:
You're North Dakota!
You are rather remote, and even inaccessible to the average person. While many would thus describe you as stuck-up, to you it seems more like you're just stuck. When no one is looking, you yearn to engage in 19th-century European political subterfuge. When looking for peace, head for the garden. But please, be extremely careful around wood-chippers.