Rick Perry likens homosexuality to alcoholism

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 1:05 pm

Those wacky conservative Christians say the darnedest things, don't they? Fortunately, attitudes toward the gay community are improving, even if it's not at a particularly staggering pace.

I think in 20 years or so we'll look back and wonder what all the controversy was about.

Rick Perry likens homosexuality to alcoholism

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 1:49 pm

Well, I thought it was kinda funny that he should bring up that he has genetic coding for alcoholism, but doesn't drink, because I am absolutely certain more than once on the Presidential campaign trail, he was drunk off his ass. Deny, deny.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 4:23 pm

I do tend to get drunk off of other lesbians' sexiness...

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2014, 9:51 pm

Quote:
Well, I thought it was kinda funny that he should bring up that he has genetic coding for alcoholism, but doesn't drink, because I am absolutely certain more than once on the Presidential campaign trail, he was drunk off his ass. Deny, deny.

I always figured "Dubya" was crocked through most his presidency, until I figured out he was just seriously linguistically challenged.

Honestly, the GOP just makes me shake my head in absolute amazement with all ridiculously stupid stuff they say on a regular basis -- and I'm not a fan of either of the two corporately-owned parties that rule our country. Perry's is far from the worst of the bunch. Could someone explain to me how crazies like Michele Bachman could even get elected? Have people in this country been that systematically dumbed down. Ok, that was a rhetorical question. When over 50% of the U.S. citizenry can't even name one branch of government, you know we're truly screwed.

Another study that was recently reported claims that 42% of Americans believe God created the earth less than 10,000. I mean, how can you grasp such stupidity?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2014, 10:13 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Quote:

I always figured "Dubya" was crocked through most his presidency, until I figured out he was just seriously linguistically challenged.

Honestly, the GOP just makes me shake my head in absolute amazement with all ridiculously stupid stuff they say on a regular basis -- and I'm not a fan of either of the two corporately-owned parties that rule our country. Perry's is far from the worst of the bunch. Could someone explain to me how crazies like Michele Bachman could even get elected? Have people in this country been that systematically dumbed down. Ok, that was a rhetorical question. When over 50% of the U.S. citizenry can't even name one branch of government, you know we're truly screwed.

Another study that was recently reported claims that 42% of Americans believe God created the earth less than 10,000. I mean, how can you grasp such stupidity?

Call me an elitist west coast snob, but the reason why the likes of Michele Bahmann get elected over and over again is because their constituents are a bunch of red state hicks motivated by ignorance and bigotry.
Not that I have any right to be too arrogant, as the state legislator in my home district is a paranoid homophobe who believes Barack Obama is raising a secret army to destroy our freedom. No, I'm not kidding, but I sure wish I was. :(

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2014, 10:43 am

Quote:
Not that I have any right to be too arrogant, as the state legislator in my home district is a paranoid homophobe who believes Barack Obama is raising a secret army to destroy our freedom. No, I'm not kidding, but I sure wish I was.

Oh, I know you're not kidding, as I've heard that conspiracy theory before. Pretty scary.

Danimal
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jun 2014, 10:54 pm

Perhaps someday we will learn that Rick Perry is actually an alcoholic homosexual.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2014, 10:55 pm

Danimal wrote:
Perhaps someday we will learn that Rick Perry is actually an alcoholic homosexual.

That would be reason to laugh.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2014, 4:05 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Quote:

Call me an elitist west coast snob, but the reason why the likes of Michele Bahmann get elected over and over again is because their constituents are a bunch of red state hicks motivated by ignorance and bigotry.
Not that I have any right to be too arrogant, as the state legislator in my home district is a paranoid homophobe who believes Barack Obama is raising a secret army to destroy our freedom. No, I'm not kidding, but I sure wish I was. :(

Isn't Minnesota a blue state?

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2014, 4:50 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Quote:
Not that I have any right to be too arrogant, as the state legislator in my home district is a paranoid homophobe who believes Barack Obama is raising a secret army to destroy our freedom. No, I'm not kidding, but I sure wish I was.

Oh, I know you're not kidding, as I've heard that conspiracy theory before. Pretty scary.

But! But! It was on the internet!! ! It therefore HAS to be TRUE!! ! :shameonyou:

/sarc :twisted:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2014, 5:05 pm

Quote:
But! But! It was on the internet!! ! It therefore HAS to be TRUE!! !

I think Alex Jones has been going on about the "secret army," if I'm not mistaken. That guy is crazier than a sh*thouse rat!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2014, 11:54 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Quote:

Isn't Minnesota a blue state?

You know, you're probably right. I apologize for being such an elitist! :lol:

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2014, 7:42 am

Do I need to actually spell out the differences between alcoholism and homosexuality?