Approaching people you don't know

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,253

28 Mar 2007, 4:20 pm

Why do you not never get the chance to talk to these 'hot goths'?

I think you need practice in approaching...
Next time you are out, approach as many girls as possible; irrelevant of whether you find them hot or plain ugly. If you are completely stuck on this, then just go up to them and ask for the time or something. Do not think too much about this; find a target and approach.

When you do see a hot goth, you need to be at the stage where you can approach without it being such a big deal. It should be fun.

Do a search on mystery method, david deangelo, style life, etc. for advice on pick-up.
You may find some books, videos helpful. I would advise not paying, try the torrents.



Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,023

30 Mar 2007, 1:10 am

Kosmonaut wrote:
Why do you not never get the chance to talk to these 'hot goths'?

I think you need practice in approaching...
Next time you are out, approach as many girls as possible; irrelevant of whether you find them hot or plain ugly. If you are completely stuck on this, then just go up to them and ask for the time or something. Do not think too much about this; find a target and approach.

When you do see a hot goth, you need to be at the stage where you can approach without it being such a big deal. It should be fun.

Do a search on mystery method, david deangelo, style life, etc. for advice on pick-up.
You may find some books, videos helpful. I would advise not paying, try the torrents.


The problem is that in my experience, most people find it rude and creepy for some random guy to talk to them. I CAN talk to some random person, but it's always lead to embaressment and guilt in the past. There's nothing fun about someone looking at you like you're some kind of mutant sea slug and asking, "Do I know you?" If I'm walking out of class at the same time as another person in that class, then I can say hi, no big deal, because I have class with them. Therefore, not creepy. But it's not like anybody'd give me a chance when their first impression of me was some creepy weirdo guy who randomly spoke to them when I knew nothing about them. They'd think I was a stalker. In my experience, people will accept that you're talking to them easier if and only if you think you have something in common with them, or your work requires it, or something like that. And even if they don't get pissed at you for it, they're not likely to show any interest either. Do you know what happened when I tried giving my number to a girl I was trying to become friends with last semester? She said, "I probably won't call, because I have a boyfriend." So not only was she making a false assumption about my intentions, she was also flat-out rejecting friendship. And that's just one out of many examples. You see, I'm insecure for a reason. Besides, I'm not interested in "picking up" someone I've never met. Get to know them if they're attractive? Sure. But not pick them up.



Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,253

30 Mar 2007, 2:35 am

Veresae wrote:

The problem is that in my experience, most people find it rude and creepy for some random guy to talk to them.


Most people do not mind being approached by random people.
They are times when it would be strange; but for mostly people are social animals and like to interact with others.
Sure, it is easier if you have already estabilished common ground. Certainly not a necessary though.

If you are coming across as creepy a lot. Either you are doing something wrong, or your self assessment as being creepy is wrong.


Veresae wrote:

They'd think I was a stalker.


Why do you care what other people think?
If you were stalking, then they would be right.
If not, why do you care? People think all sorts of nonsense, that's their business.


Veresae wrote:
Do you know what happened when I tried giving my number to a girl I was trying to become friends with last semester? She said, "I probably won't call, because I have a boyfriend."


It is a mistake to try to give a girl you're interested in your number.
If you read David DeAngelo you would know why and how to deal with this.
I have known guys who could get virtually any girls number within three minutes of meeting them.


Veresae wrote:
Besides, I'm not interested in "picking up" someone I've never met. Get to know them if they're attractive? Sure. But not pick them up.


What's the difference?
If you don't like the term 'pick-up', then fair enough.
But approaching randompeople you find attractive is what most would call 'pick-up.'
Whether your intentions are a one-night stand or to get toknow them better; the techniques are the same.