Violence is never the answer. It's a lie and a trap

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Starfoxx
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2015
Posts: 697

19 Nov 2015, 3:42 pm

I've just been thinking. There have been terrible, tragic things in the news recently.

The daaesh/ISIS who are killing themselves in suicide 'missions' think that what the are doing is noble and that the are heros; but it's totally false! Try may feel high on power for a short period of time but I know for certain that God (if he is to exist) would never want us to kill in his name.
Also, I'm thinking that the people who have committed shootings because the felt angry where thinking completely wrong. Killing never ever solves problems.

All the wars we have had in the world have NEVER solved problems. The created more suffering and more anger. Violence only creates more violence.
I also think the reason we have so much war and agression is that it's slightly addictive and can make you feel stronger in the short term but is ultimately destructive.

I realise that only love, understanding and respect can win.

The only 'mission' worth carrying out is one which helps not harms.

You guys may not agree but there's agree theory that negative thoughts agreed ideas have agreed low vibration and positive kind ones have a high vibration, and higher ones cancel the lower ones out. I think perhaps that could be true.



0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,038
Location: London

19 Nov 2015, 5:29 pm

The good news is we are actually getting less violent.

It may not seem that way, but the long term historical picture is exactly that.

The conflicts in the past killed far more people, on a totally different scale, the further you go back through the centuries the more violence there was, and the more it was taken for granted.

We are increasingly less tolerant of violence.



Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2015
Posts: 14,743
Location: Seventh Heaven

20 Nov 2015, 10:49 am

I COMPLETELY agree! I pray for a world of peace, and always try to act nicely to people and help them in real life and on this forum! You're right, love, understanding, and respect are key. 8) :heart: :D


_________________
Quote:
A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII


BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,471
Location: PA, USA

20 Nov 2015, 10:54 am

You are, theoretically anyway, correct.

I wish and pray that it will all stop. That we will choose to treat each other with tolerance, and it will all stop.

My understanding of human nature leaves little room for hope that such will be the case, but I can wish and pray and try to be the change I want to see in the world.


_________________
"Alas, our dried voices when we whisper together are quiet and meaningless, as wind in dry grass, or rats' feet over broken glass in our dry cellar." --TS Eliot, "The Hollow Men"


Varelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 5 Sep 2015
Age: 57
Posts: 368

20 Nov 2015, 11:01 am

I completely agree.



Venger
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,519

20 Nov 2015, 11:44 am

Well the U.S. is supposedly one of the most "free" countries in the world. And it's arguably the most powerful when it comes to fighting wars, etc. Doubt that's a coincidence.



Starfoxx
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2015
Posts: 697

20 Nov 2015, 11:46 am

Lol. I knew this because people have always told me, but ive never fully understood that's correct until now.



Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 11 Oct 2015
Age: 1934
Posts: 275

20 Nov 2015, 12:27 pm

Starfoxx wrote:
I've just been thinking. There have been terrible, tragic things in the news recently.

The daaesh/ISIS who are killing themselves in suicide 'missions' think that what the are doing is noble and that the are heros; but it's totally false! Try may feel high on power for a short period of time but I know for certain that God (if he is to exist) would never want us to kill in his name.
Also, I'm thinking that the people who have committed shootings because the felt angry where thinking completely wrong. Killing never ever solves problems.

All the wars we have had in the world have NEVER solved problems. The created more suffering and more anger. Violence only creates more violence.
I also think the reason we have so much war and agression is that it's slightly addictive and can make you feel stronger in the short term but is ultimately destructive.

I realise that only love, understanding and respect can win.

The only 'mission' worth carrying out is one which helps not harms.

You guys may not agree but there's agree theory that negative thoughts agreed ideas have agreed low vibration and positive kind ones have a high vibration, and higher ones cancel the lower ones out. I think perhaps that could be true.


Thank you!

I believe thoughts, intentions, motivations and prayer have power.

That doesn't even have to be supertitiuous or esoteric in any way.

Simply put: the current events are being exploited to instill fear into the population. Not just by the terrorists, but by the media! You would almost think that the media is also terrorist, since they write crazy headlines to raise peoples pulse.

In a Norwegian newspaper there was an article titled "This is why terror attacks gives us anxiety and fear of death".
Do they now? Or does the media want us to feel that way?

I'm certainly cautious, but I'm not losing sleep. The fear of a terror attack is not what scares me, it's the fear of the grand scale warfare that it might be used as a justification for.

I believe people across religions, and also those who are not religious, share one thing: a wish for peace and a heart for people. I think the tide is turning and eventually, the warmachine will crumble.

There are few who actually want war, because very few actually profit from it. Religious extremists, both Islamic and Judaic are few in numbers, but they create an avalanche of followers through fear. "We have to attack them first or else...". And this avalance of fearful people, who aren't really hateful, but just afraid for their lives, act irrationally.

It's mass-suggestion. Hooliganism. That is the fear-side of the opium of religion when it is abused.

And religion doesn't always have to include belief in God. Communists killed 70 million Europeans and they killed the clergymen and prohibited religion. The state became the religion to them.

It doesn't matter what one makes their idol. It can be in the sky or on the earth. The result is the same when there is malicious intent.



Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2015
Posts: 14,743
Location: Seventh Heaven

20 Nov 2015, 12:48 pm

^That's so true! Thank you for sharing your insight and wisdom! :D


_________________
Quote:
A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII


Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Nov 2015, 3:28 pm

I agree mostly, we should of never been over in the middle east to begin with and if we hadn't meddled we wouldn't have half the issues we have no. We are not making ourselves safer but bombing other countries, it's the opposite.

Now we find ourselves in unique situation where there is a literal terrorist state and a civil war with no end in sight with no victor that we're comfortable with. I don't know what to do, we're stuck with this tar baby. I do know that whatever we do we have to work with Russia, Iran, and Assad for it to have any chance of working or we'll just be expanding this proxy war This war could get a lot worse, it could spread to more countries. It seems inevitable that another middle eastern war will happen so if it does then I hope we use it to mend fences with Russia who there is no reason we should be enemies with.



Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 11 Oct 2015
Age: 1934
Posts: 275

20 Nov 2015, 3:37 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I hope we use it to mend fences with Russia who there is no reason we should be enemies with.


Russia is huge. As a Norwegian, living next door to them on a microscopic piece of land in comparison puts things into perspective. Norwegian NATO proponents constantly agitate towards Russia. What the heck are they thinking?! We're gone if we get on their bad side. They will compeltely obliterate us. Our military is laughable and as a people we have no morale at all, compared to the Russians at least.

In that regard, Norway have two fronts where they risk getting on Russias bad side. We should be saying NO to the agitations in the middle east, which go against Russian interests.

People from all over the world connect and develop friendships through the internet. Depending on what a small minority who gets to make the diplomatic decisions, we would become diplomatic "enemies" over these disputes. Supposedly. That's crazy!

I think everyone who makes pro-war sentiments should be obligated to put their own boots on ground. We'll see how much agitations happen then.

A synchronous dismantling of all the worlds nuclear powers should be mandated long ago! First the strongest power lowers to match the next lowest. When all have equal force, the complete dismantling and consequent ban on nuclear weapons would be put in place.

This little rock we live on can be roasted at the touch of a button, because a tiny minority have the power to decide the fate of billions.

It seems absurd when you see it from that perspective.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Nov 2015, 3:53 pm

Neotenous Nordic wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
I hope we use it to mend fences with Russia who there is no reason we should be enemies with.


Russia is huge. As a Norwegian, living next door to them on a microscopic piece of land in comparison puts things into perspective. Norwegian NATO proponents constantly agitate towards Russia. What the heck are they thinking?! We're gone if we get on their bad side. They will compeltely obliterate us. Our military is laughable and as a people we have no morale at all, compared to the Russians at least.

In that regard, Norway have two fronts where they risk getting on Russias bad side. We should be saying NO to the agitations in the middle east, which go against Russian interests.

People from all over the world connect and develop friendships through the internet. Depending on what a small minority who gets to make the diplomatic decisions, we would become diplomatic "enemies" over these disputes. Supposedly. That's crazy!

I think everyone who makes pro-war sentiments should be obligated to put their own boots on ground. We'll see how much agitations happen then.

A synchronous dismantling of all the worlds nuclear powers should be mandated long ago! First the strongest power lowers to match the next lowest. When all have equal force, the complete dismantling and consequent ban on nuclear weapons would be put in place.

This little rock we live on can be roasted at the touch of a button, because a tiny minority have the power to decide the fate of billions.

It seems absurd when you see it from that perspective.


It doesn't even make sense why we're fighting with Russia, it's just a global dick sizing contest. Russia should of been invited into NATO after the collapse of the Soviet Union in a show of good faith but instead we enlarged it to Russia's doorstep and threatened to put nukes in Poland, didn't we almost start WWIII because the Soviet's did that in Cuba? Who is the real aggressor here? Russia has a much better human rights record and democracy than a good portion of our so called friends and allies but we single them out? Cold War horses**t. Russia is a European country, we have a lot in common, much more than we do with rising powers China and India. We should join with Russia and Iran and tell the terrorist state Saudi Arabia to get bent. Iran is much much more democratic and moderate than the Saudis yet they're this big threat to Israel? Naw not really. The Saudis are just conquerors, raider kings ruling over feudal peasants in a theocratic dictatorship.



DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2015
Age: 21
Posts: 2,278
Location: Province of Québec, Canada

20 Nov 2015, 4:07 pm

So I'm wrong if I want to make biological and chemical weapos for the army?



Starfoxx
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2015
Posts: 697

20 Nov 2015, 4:36 pm

How come you want to make chemical weapons? Sure in theory it seems cool that such a thing can be made but you probably wouldn't like the results if you saw it in action in reality.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,464
Location: temperate zone

20 Nov 2015, 4:38 pm

^Yeah. Where did you get the idea that it was laudable to create chemical and biological weapons for the army?



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Nov 2015, 4:40 pm

They don't need any more, they have enough in storage to kill us all several times over. Thanks Cold War.