Should Christians be paranormal investigators?

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,114
Location: Irrelevant

01 Oct 2016, 9:51 pm

For the record, I do not believe in ghosts but that such activity is either demonic or fake. If any of the video clips of "poltergeist" activity are real, they would be caused by demons and not human souls because there death and then judgement and not a bunch of loitering about.



Still though, with laws against speaking with spirits and such, is it wrong for a Christian to investigate such phenomena or is it just certain activities? I think it would just be certain activities, but I may be wrong. Certainly using occult items, like ouija boards, is wrong, but what about using voice recorders to capture EVPs? I think that's borderline. Asking the demons questions would be wrong, but just recording the noise with no questions for them and analyzing it later MIGHT be okay, but might not. What about electromagnetic sensors? I think as long as you're not using them as a method of communication, it should be fine. One thing I would like to see done is, if the cold spot phenomenon exists and coincides with a magnetic field spike event, to use a Tesla coil or demagnetizer right where those phenomena happen and see if it messes with them. Probably wouldn't do anything, but it would be nice if there were a way to technologically fight demons like ghostbusters, though Scripturally there's just the full armor of God in Ephesians with the Bible as the sword, faith as the shield, etc. Through Christ we have authority to cast the demons out, of people at least but presumably also to command them to stop messing with families and stop throwing things around to mess with people and such too.

Any thoughts?


_________________
"In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter."

I'm an author: https://www.amazon.com/author/benfournier

See my novel, Fullness Of Time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N91615Z


richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,553
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

01 Oct 2016, 10:02 pm

Ahh, Iamnotaparakeet. Long time no see! Still a Christian I gather, :wink:

I think if you're a Christian the Bible is pretty clear, (if you believe that) that one shouldnt mess around with the dead.

Personally speaking I love paranormal investigations. One of my favorite shows is The Dead Files, :heart:

I think the moment you have doubt about anything really is just a way for your subconscious verifying what it already knows, its all real and very much worth investigating.

Investigate away parakeet. :D


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,114
Location: Irrelevant

01 Oct 2016, 10:29 pm

richardbenson wrote:
Ahh, Iamnotaparakeet. Long time no see! Still a Christian I gather, :wink:

I think if you're a Christian the Bible is pretty clear, (if you believe that) that one shouldnt mess around with the dead.

Personally speaking I love paranormal investigations. One of my favorite shows is The Dead Files, :heart:

I think the moment you have doubt about anything really is just a way for your subconscious verifying what it already knows, its all real and very much worth investigating.

Investigate away parakeet. :D


I'm not planning on investigating anything myself, though if I did I'd just record all data possible and not try to communicate. I had tried doing one EVP recording once though, without asking a question, and I thought I heard the recording say "what do you want?" and that freaked me out. I said for it to leave in Jesus' Name rather than saying anything I want, such like I want God Almighty to bring Jackie and me back together - I certainly don't want any demon's "help" in the least, so I just said leave me alone in Jesus' Name and never return. I tried listening to the recording again and I heard nothing there anymore, so maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me, but it freaked me out. Some Christians just pick and choose laws, based on categories or using God's grace as an excuse to sin, but I think by recognizing what these creatures are and not communicating with them or playing their games and rejecting their lies, it might be possible to still investigate.


_________________
"In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter."

I'm an author: https://www.amazon.com/author/benfournier

See my novel, Fullness Of Time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N91615Z


richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,553
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

01 Oct 2016, 10:45 pm

Well, even professionals who do investigate for a living have problems. I dont think any religion personally speaking has control over the afterlife, but hey if you believe saying in Jesus's name begone so be it. Most these guys and gals know what they are doing, know how to protect themselves prior, during and after an investigation. But it can be very dangerous especially if you don't know what the heck you are doing, I think doors are always easier to open than close.

I never wanted to investigate myself, because I have had some experiences in places I have lived that were pretty scary. (I have seen shadow people, outline of people wearing tophats) that one second were there, then turned into a long streak of nothing but black and flew out my door. (It was cracked open) I was sleeping at the time and awoke to the feeling of somebody looking at me and thats what I saw.

Once when I was a kid something spoke into my ear at night, or maybe more like blew into my ear waking me up. It was terrifying

I think digital voice recorders are interesting, but I dont think a ghost can help you get Jackie back. But good luck getting your wife back if you can parakeet, :)


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,114
Location: Irrelevant

01 Oct 2016, 11:34 pm

richardbenson wrote:
Well, even professionals who do investigate for a living have problems. I dont think any religion personally speaking has control over the afterlife, but hey if you believe saying in Jesus's name begone so be it. Most these guys and gals know what they are doing, know how to protect themselves prior, during and after an investigation. But it can be very dangerous especially if you don't know what the heck you are doing, I think doors are always easier to open than close.

I never wanted to investigate myself, because I have had some experiences in places I have lived that were pretty scary. (I have seen shadow people, outline of people wearing tophats) that one second were there, then turned into a long streak of nothing but black and flew out my door. (It was cracked open) I was sleeping at the time and awoke to the feeling of somebody looking at me and thats what I saw.

Once when I was a kid something spoke into my ear at night, or maybe more like blew into my ear waking me up. It was terrifying

I think digital voice recorders are interesting, but I dont think a ghost can help you get Jackie back. But good luck getting your wife back if you can parakeet, :)


For me, I saw my dad dead for half an hour be raised back to life through prayer, and with messianic prophecies like Isaiah 53:1-12 being written centuries before Christ died on the cross lead me to believe in the God of the Bible and trust in His Word. I can't not believe in God, so anything which truly contradicts the knowledge of God must be false and things with apparent, but not real, contradiction must just be misinterpreted somehow. So, I believe in Relevation 21:3-8 regarding the afterlife rather than anything else. Jesus said in Mark 16:17 "These are the signs that will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons...." and I know there are other verses too, and it's about regular believers and not just whomever the church of rome deems an exorcist.

That sounds like no fun, though the last thing could be a waking dream it's still possible that the content of a waking dream might not be from one's own mind but demonic, though it could really be either. Most of them which people report are horrific, so what would the point of one's own mind scaring a person out of their mind be? Relieving one's bowels really freaking quickly first thing in the morning? IDK, LOL. When I was 5 and my family lived in a town home in Irving Texas, I woke up at some time in the morning while it was still dark and I had to use the restroom fairly badly. Being on the second floor, I went to go to the upstairs restroom first, but when I looked inside there were these four glowing shapeshifting creatures which turned into various things like xenomorphs, and forms of people I didn't know but met later on in life and some I haven't yet if ever. I don't know why I wasn't scared then, I know I should have been, but I wasn't; I felt too tired to care and I really needed to use the restroom, so if anything I felt annoyed that these shapeshifting things were taking up the restroom. I closed the door on them and went to the downstairs restroom. When I went back upstairs, I looked in the restroom again and it was empty, and so I went back to bed, but just laid awake wondering what the heck I saw.

Like I said already, I don't believe in ghosts but just that demons are con artists and I don't want a demon's "help" in the least, I want only God and His angels, and whatever earthly agents He might use too, to bring Jackie and me back together and keep us together.


_________________
"In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter."

I'm an author: https://www.amazon.com/author/benfournier

See my novel, Fullness Of Time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N91615Z


richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,553
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

01 Oct 2016, 11:55 pm

Iamaparakeet wrote:
That sounds like no fun, though the last thing could be a waking dream it's still possible that the content of a waking dream might not be from one's own mind but demonic, though it could really be either. Most of them which people report are horrific, so what would the point of one's own mind scaring a person out of their mind be? Relieving one's bowels really freaking quickly first thing in the morning? IDK, LOL. When I was 5 and my family lived in a town home in Irving Texas, I woke up at some time in the morning while it was still dark and I had to use the restroom fairly badly. Being on the second floor, I went to go to the upstairs restroom first, but when I looked inside there were these four glowing shapeshifting creatures which turned into various things like xenomorphs, and forms of people I didn't know but met later on in life and some I haven't yet if ever. I don't know why I wasn't scared then, I know I should have been, but I wasn't; I felt too tired to care and I really needed to use the restroom, so if anything I felt annoyed that these shapeshifting things were taking up the restroom. I closed the door on them and went to the downstairs restroom. When I went back upstairs, I looked in the restroom again and it was empty, and so I went back to bed, but just laid awake wondering what the heck I saw.

Like I said already, I don't believe in ghosts but just that demons are con artists and I don't want a demon's "help" in the least, I want only God and His angels, and whatever earthly agents He might use too, to bring Jackie and me back together and keep us together.


Haha. I have had sleep paralysis and at The time I saw that shadow person I knew I was awake because when I saw it I had thought somebody had broken into my apartment at the time, it was summer and my door was ajar. I had to look twice because I almost didnt believe it, solid black "human" shaped figure wearing an old style tophat. It moved from a frontward stance then to a sideways position but had no depth, was paper thin and turned into a black streak all in what seemed like one perfect, seemless move out my door. To be honest its still stuck with me to this day because it was just shocking, what you described about the creatures is very interesting, it could be any number of things but what I gather is from watching all these paranormal shows is it could be a ghost, demon, or being from another dimension. Some ghosts (human spirits) act like demons and can get inside your head, and turn into what you are most afriad of, say for instance clowns. Demons do exsit, but are pretty rare, as are Aliens and Dimensional shapeshifters, in totality I think experiances are ment for something unsubconsciously that we search for, and since its subconscious we never get enough of it and want more, but the answers were always there in the first place..

All the best to you and your wife man, I know how hard relationships are considering its super difficult for us Aspies to keep and form bonds, especially with a partner. :heart: :nerdy: :skull:


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,939
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Oct 2016, 12:41 am

I fancy myself a Christian, and I don't give most supernatural investigations much credence, if any at all. In fact, my wife and I enjoy watching shows on that subject while drinking. :lol:


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,114
Location: Irrelevant

02 Oct 2016, 1:03 am

richardbenson wrote:
All the best to you and your wife man, I know how hard relationships are considering its super difficult for us Aspies to keep and form bonds, especially with a partner. :heart: :nerdy: :skull:


Thanks, yeah it is. Jackie's an Aspie too, so it's hard for her too, though prior to me she had had two other boyfriends - one she dumped because she thought he only liked the size of her chest and another because he wrote a letter to some other woman. Jackie's my first and only love though, the only person who has ever had a crush on me too and we gave each other lifelong vows so they last for life. She believes the Bible too, so she knows what Mark 10:1-12 says and what's right, although while she's a Bible believing conservative like myself, she loves her brother more than anyone else and he hates me and is easily offended and slow to forgive and as long as Jackie's living under his roof she probably wants to avoid upsetting him and that's my guess as to what the main obstacle for her seeking reconciliation would be: fear of her brother's disapproval. Secondarily, probably just all the work it would take for her to move her stuff is daunting, especially if her brother would disapprove and leave her to do all the work by herself. I could probably convince my stepdad to help if she'd just bother to seek reconciliation. I wish she loved me half as much as all the My Little Pony merchandise she had me buy for her during the last two years of her marriage, or even just a quarter as much as she loves her brother who reminds me of the Biblical character Laban in Genesis. I love Jackie with all my heart, but I can do without passive aggressive power-and-control freaks like her brother or my stepdad, though my stepdad is now getting help after his attitude just recently got him banned from Subway for a year. He's even managed not to lecture me on every little thing for the past few weeks, so that's nice. Still, I never want to live with my stepdad any more - especially since he still wont let me take my birds, and if I can help it I'm not giving up my babies, but also my sister who's living with him is acting like a cross between Dexter Morgan's sister and Emily Rose for now and I can live without arguing with her while she scares me. Plus I like the independence and not being threatened with being thrown away a few hundred times a day, so if I can help it I'm staying home and hopefully God will just bring Jackie and me back together and even if I have to do all the work-work and housework again too, I don't care because I just want to spend all my free time with Jackie again and go play board games at restaurants, walk together, visit museums and cool stuff together, and never end again. I am so tired though.


_________________
"In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter."

I'm an author: https://www.amazon.com/author/benfournier

See my novel, Fullness Of Time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N91615Z


Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,114
Location: Irrelevant

02 Oct 2016, 1:29 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I fancy myself a Christian, and I don't give most supernatural investigations much credence, if any at all. In fact, my wife and I enjoy watching shows on that subject while drinking. :lol:


Most are probably faked or at least super hyped, but I think at least some percentage might be real - but still, I consider all such activity demonic in nature.

Here are some clips that I find interesting:







I think they are either fake or, if real, demonic. It would be nice to give everyone in the videos and behind the camera polygraphs, but sadly it would be fairly expensive and I don't know how many would even agree or if they're emotionally calm enough to pass polygraphs while lying even. But, to some degree videos can sort of speak for themselves, even though with how advanced special effects and CGI are nowadays it might be difficult to know for sure what's fake and what's real. Still, if even one instance is real, it's rather scary to a degree then.


_________________
"In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter."

I'm an author: https://www.amazon.com/author/benfournier

See my novel, Fullness Of Time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N91615Z


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,939
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Oct 2016, 1:46 am

Iamaparakeet wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I fancy myself a Christian, and I don't give most supernatural investigations much credence, if any at all. In fact, my wife and I enjoy watching shows on that subject while drinking. :lol:


Most are probably faked or at least super hyped, but I think at least some percentage might be real - but still, I consider all such activity demonic in nature.

Here are some clips that I find interesting:







I think they are either fake or, if real, demonic. It would be nice to give everyone in the videos and behind the camera polygraphs, but sadly it would be fairly expensive and I don't know how many would even agree or if they're emotionally calm enough to pass polygraphs while lying even. But, to some degree videos can sort of speak for themselves, even though with how advanced special effects and CGI are nowadays it might be difficult to know for sure what's fake and what's real. Still, if even one instance is real, it's rather scary to a degree then.


Well, my wife isn't as skeptical as I am. While she was living in the apartment when we first met, she told me how she would hear something turning the TV on and off at night, as well as rattling around the silverware in the kitchen drawers. I don't doubt what she tells me.
For my part, the house I grew up in had always creeped me out, and had thought it was possible that something was there. But I also had come to realize that the more attention you give to something possibly there but unseen, the more likely it becomes empowered. Or in other words, ignore it, and it loses power. Then again, I always had had an overactive imagination as a kid.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 105,622
Location: the island of defective toy santas

02 Oct 2016, 3:29 am

I witnessed several poltergeist activities in my years occupying space on this earth. when my parents passed, the night after my dad's passing both me and my mother simultaneously were awoken by the sound of my late father's voice calling each of our names. my mom and me compared notes and it happened. a few nights after my mom died, i heard a cacophony in the basement of their house, at night - the banging and booming and howling and groaning persisted until i yelled back, "I HEAR YOU MOM AND DAD!! !" at which point the noises ceased as though somebody flipped a switch. in my tin can on many occasions, i have seen items fall off a shelf as though pulled and dropped. at the local "shop n'hop" grocery store in my little town, me and the cashier witnessed a bag of popcorn fly across the room as though thrown underhand, it looked like it was lobbed. it travelled about 6 feet.



Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,114
Location: Irrelevant

02 Oct 2016, 3:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, my wife isn't as skeptical as I am. While she was living in the apartment when we first met, she told me how she would hear something turning the TV on and off at night, as well as rattling around the silverware in the kitchen drawers. I don't doubt what she tells me.
For my part, the house I grew up in had always creeped me out, and had thought it was possible that something was there. But I also had come to realize that the more attention you give to something possibly there but unseen, the more likely it becomes empowered. Or in other words, ignore it, and it loses power. Then again, I always had had an overactive imagination as a kid.


I would think you're right to some degree about ignoring it, maybe it's like with some bullies who want to get a reaction out of you: they'll get bored of trying if you ignore them. However, some human bullies get frustrated if you ignore them and some are downright sadistic even. I'm glad I haven't really been scared or had such stuff happen to me on a regular basis, as that would really stink. If I ever were to go to somewhere that's actually demonically infested, I'd want to put cameras, recorders, and all types of sensors everywhere recording everything so that I know it's not some folly of human perception and so that every bit of data could be gathered about the events and perhaps see what happens when using direct energy weapons like electrolasers, Tesla coils, directional microwave emitters, and high wattage AC electromagnets on wherever the cold spots are or where they are moving stuff. Again, there would probably be no effect, but it would be interesting to try and test weapons on them and see if anything happens. Hopefully without burning places down. LOL.


_________________
"In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter."

I'm an author: https://www.amazon.com/author/benfournier

See my novel, Fullness Of Time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N91615Z


Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,114
Location: Irrelevant

02 Oct 2016, 3:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
I witnessed several poltergeist activities in my years occupying space on this earth. when my parents passed, the night after my dad's passing both me and my mother simultaneously were awoken by the sound of my late father's voice calling each of our names. my mom and me compared notes and it happened. a few nights after my mom died, i heard a cacophony in the basement of their house, at night - the banging and booming and howling and groaning persisted until i yelled back, "I HEAR YOU MOM AND DAD!! !" at which point the noises ceased as though somebody flipped a switch. in my tin can on many occasions, i have seen items fall off a shelf as though pulled and dropped. at the local "shop n'hop" grocery store in my little town, me and the cashier witnessed a bag of popcorn fly across the room as though thrown underhand, it looked like it was lobbed. it travelled about 6 feet.


That has got to be scary.


_________________
"In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter."

I'm an author: https://www.amazon.com/author/benfournier

See my novel, Fullness Of Time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N91615Z


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 105,622
Location: the island of defective toy santas

02 Oct 2016, 4:08 am

Iamaparakeet wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I witnessed several poltergeist activities in my years occupying space on this earth. when my parents passed, the night after my dad's passing both me and my mother simultaneously were awoken by the sound of my late father's voice calling each of our names. my mom and me compared notes and it happened. a few nights after my mom died, i heard a cacophony in the basement of their house, at night - the banging and booming and howling and groaning persisted until i yelled back, "I HEAR YOU MOM AND DAD!! !" at which point the noises ceased as though somebody flipped a switch. in my tin can on many occasions, i have seen items fall off a shelf as though pulled and dropped. at the local "shop n'hop" grocery store in my little town, me and the cashier witnessed a bag of popcorn fly across the room as though thrown underhand, it looked like it was lobbed. it travelled about 6 feet.


That has got to be scary.

aside from the banging and groaning in the basement at night when I was by myself [other than the bangers and groaners in the basement] which was admittedly unnerving :o I found the episodes to be mostly whimsical, almost like somebody playing a practical joke on me.



Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,114
Location: Irrelevant

02 Oct 2016, 5:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
Iamaparakeet wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I witnessed several poltergeist activities in my years occupying space on this earth. when my parents passed, the night after my dad's passing both me and my mother simultaneously were awoken by the sound of my late father's voice calling each of our names. my mom and me compared notes and it happened. a few nights after my mom died, i heard a cacophony in the basement of their house, at night - the banging and booming and howling and groaning persisted until i yelled back, "I HEAR YOU MOM AND DAD!! !" at which point the noises ceased as though somebody flipped a switch. in my tin can on many occasions, i have seen items fall off a shelf as though pulled and dropped. at the local "shop n'hop" grocery store in my little town, me and the cashier witnessed a bag of popcorn fly across the room as though thrown underhand, it looked like it was lobbed. it travelled about 6 feet.


That has got to be scary.

aside from the banging and groaning in the basement at night when I was by myself [other than the bangers and groaners in the basement] which was admittedly unnerving :o I found the episodes to be mostly whimsical, almost like somebody playing a practical joke on me.


Too some extent, I think that's what some demons might literally be doing out of sheer boredom: pranking. They have been around since the dawn of time, so for thousands of years and no chance for redemption unlike for us made in the image of God who Christ died for, they probably get super bored and have nothing better to do than to mess with us humans made in God's image and sometimes even the creatures we care about.


_________________
"In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter."

I'm an author: https://www.amazon.com/author/benfournier

See my novel, Fullness Of Time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N91615Z


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 105,622
Location: the island of defective toy santas

02 Oct 2016, 5:46 am

^^^^that bird sounds like he is talking in bird dialect and saying "WTF???"