Do you think war with Russia can still happen after all?

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 3:36 pm

Today, Obama used executive authority to punish or sanction Russia for their alleged involvement in the recent election results. I'm scared that we are going to be bombed by Russia after all. Please can anyone try reassuring me that it won't happen. Also, keep in mind that if Hillary was elected, she would want to invade Russia and get us into a really bad situation.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Dec 2016, 4:08 pm

Russia has been sanctioned before and hasn't bombed America or the EU. There's no reason to think this will be any different.

In the short term, war seems unlikely because Putin believes that Trump will be his puppet and will not want to upset that. There is some evidence to support. Trump's stupidity and lack of awareness of foreign affairs (he shows no understanding of Russia's invasion of Ukraine), as well as his disdain for America's global allies, means that he might be less likely to stand up to Russian aggression in the future.

However, I must admit that there is some evidence against the "useful idiot" theory. Trump has spoken repeatedly about his desire to "make America great again", and may not be willing to sit back and watch Putin re-establish Russia as the world's leading military power in the way that Obama has been. Trump has also expressed a desire to shoot down Russian planes, in direct contrast to Clinton who has always talked about working with Russia militarily despite advocating strong economic sanctions; she said there would never be a need to shoot down Russian aircraft because any no-fly zone would be agreed with them.

So in the short term, Trump is likely to improve US-Russia relations, but potentially endanger the safety of countries bordering Russia. In the long run, he's too erratic, unstable, and uninformed to predict. Maybe he'll react badly when he learns of Putin's policies, or maybe he'll turn a blind eye, or maybe he'll just never pay attention in briefings to begin with.

K_Kelly wrote:
Also, keep in mind that if Hillary was elected, she would want to invade Russia and get us into a really bad situation.

What makes you think that?

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 4:20 pm

I probably shouldn't dare say that Putin is actually the only sane world leader I trust with a powerful red button...

Putin has only ever wanted to protect his best interest, rather good or bad. Destroying the planet is not in his best interest.

Russia is not evil and America is not that great actually.

Verbally attacking a world leader and calling them a dictator is not how you make peace. I am not fans of any of them and don't doubt shady stuff from either party but being able to have dinner with someone is better for peace. I don't see calls for peace from Russia or the right as a bad thing and consider this, if Putin and Trump are in fact in bed with one another, why would he press a powerful button when he can wait a few weeks and get what he wants?

Russia isn't nuking anything unless giving no choice.

Oh and another thing about Russians,

If they can't exist, then nothing will be allowed to exist.

History is good and teach us great things, look at how counties solve problems, they have unexpected gaps but largely stay the same.

Russia keeps to Russia and only act when you piss them off.

Russia will die when there is a world government, they will never be under such a system and the problems they are having now is related to UN. The best outcome is for this process to last as long as possible and pray they have a long fuse, some of them don't, I think Putin might. They will probably take half the world with them when they go but somethings are handle behind closed doors and the world never sees it, lets hope that is one of them. In the meantime there will be peace, saber rattling is nothing to them and probably did it this morning before breakfast.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 12:50 am

Also for the record, it might not be socially acceptable to say, but the only reason Russia is on the offensive at all is because America failed to stabilize the middle east which goes back to their best interest. Communications would go better with Russia if everyone took their threats of nuclear war as compliments. You alway have two opinions with Russia, you can do what they say or die but how many times have they really pressed the button.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 2:12 am

K_Kelly wrote:
Today, Obama used executive authority to punish or sanction Russia for their alleged involvement in the recent election results. I'm scared that we are going to be bombed by Russia after all. Please can anyone try reassuring me that it won't happen. Also, keep in mind that if Hillary was elected, she would want to invade Russia and get us into a really bad situation.

Bombs away!

Forget about Obama.

If Putin is as thin skinned as Trump Putin will nuke us just for that sketch about him on SNL! :lol:

Sorry. Cant reassure you.

We are all goners! :lol:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 3:54 am

K_Kelly wrote:
Please can anyone try reassuring me that it won't happen..

Rossiya probably couldn't get half their planes off the ground.

(how's that?)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 4:11 am

I don't think it will result in a war. I do speculate this lame duck maneuver on Obama's part is to further making it look like Trump is Putin's best friend, depending on whether or not Trump lifts the sanction, which he probably will. I think it's just one more last ditch effort to disrupt a smooth transition of the presidency. More shenanigans. And if so, I'm sure Putin is well aware of it and just rolling his eyes.

The sooner Jan 20th arrives the better. Will have to see what other nonsense takes place between now and then. Then after Jan 20th, the real show begins!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Dec 2016, 8:05 am

I doubt it, I think Trump and Putin will be able to work together very well. Trump is the type of guy to just call up Putin if he has an issue and I think they will get along personally just fine, the world will be much safer having Trump as president rather the warmonger Clinton.

Obama is showing himself to be a petty sad man, his only legacy will be is his skin color which symbolically is important but I am pretty sure he was more ambitious than just being that. This is a pretty clear attempt to undermine the transition and presidency of Trump, they like to pretend to be gracious but they're really not. I think the investigations should be swift and sweeping against the Obama administration, those that did criminal wrongdoing on any level should be put in prison including the Obama's themselves.

A lot of people can't wait Obama the clown is out of the White House, Israel certainly cannot wait.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 10:18 am

The_Walrus wrote:
K_Kelly wrote:
Also, keep in mind that if Hillary was elected, she would want to invade Russia and get us into a really bad situation.

She has a track-record as a warmonger and has been pretty outspoken on the "Russian threat". Not too unreasonable to join those dots.

dcj123 wrote:
I probably shouldn't dare say that Putin is actually the only sane world leader I trust with a powerful red button...

Why not? Putin is one of the premier premieres in the world.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 10:28 am

adifferentname wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
K_Kelly wrote:

She has a track-record as a warmonger and has been pretty outspoken on the "Russian threat". Not too unreasonable to join those dots.

Walk us through your reasoning. Exactly what dots are you "connecting"? And why would you connect them that way?

Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, and the Elder Bush, all spoke far more harshly, and far more frequently, and far more obsessively, about our Russian "adversaries" than Clinton ever did. In fact the first two didnt even refer to them as "adversaries", but as outright "enemies". And Reagan called them "the evil empire". But none of them ever "invaded" the U.S.S.R.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 10:35 am

There were Russian politicians saying that electing Hillary could mean nuclear war, she was behind the 'Russian reset' which has amounted to vilification and brinkmanship so I'd say we really dodged a bullet especially considering how off the deep end Democrats have gone about the Russians thanks to the steady stream of propaganda in the MSM against them. Putin opposes the globalist world order, he wants to make Russia great again as any leader of his people should but this is unacceptable to the global elite. You always hear 'oh my god, Putin wants to bring Russia back to the former glory of being a superpower as a new Soviet Union or Russian Empire' but what leader wouldn't?

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 11:03 am

naturalplastic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
K_Kelly wrote:

Walk us through your reasoning. Exactly what dots are you "connecting"? And why would you connect them that way?

"As president I will make it clear that the United States will treat cyber attacks just like any other attack. We will be ready with serious political, economic and military responses."

That was her 'diplomatic' stance towards Russia, who she was convinced had already committed such attacks.

As for "warmonger", you need only look to the zeal with which she pursued turning Libya into a giant crater, on flimsy premises of "weaponised rape" that were later dissected by a thorough Amnesty International report.

Quote:
Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, and the Elder Bush, all spoke far more harshly, and far more frequently, and far more obsessively, about our Russian "adversaries" than Clinton ever did. In fact the first two didnt even refer to them as "adversaries", but as outright "enemies". And Reagan called them "the evil empire". But none of them ever "invaded" the U.S.S.R.

How many of them bombed a nation back to the dark ages, turning it into a recruitment ground for extremists in the process, in support of a (failed) bid to become POTUS?

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2016, 11:28 am

No.we avoided war with Russia because we elected trump.
Russians politicians warned they didn't like Hillary because she wanted to draft our daughters into a Third World War with Russia.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3590974/a-vote ... clear-war/

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Dec 2016, 6:17 pm

adifferentname wrote:
As for "warmonger", you need only look to the zeal with which she pursued turning Libya into a giant crater, on flimsy premises of "weaponised rape" that were later dissected by a thorough Amnesty International report.

Despite what the mainstream media will tell you ( :wink: ) history has pretty thoroughly supported the intervention in Libya.

Two countries started to collapse at the same time for similar reasons. We intervened in one and not the other. It's as close to a perfect experiment as you could get in global politics, although of course there are still significant differences between the two countries.

If Libya is a giant crater, what is Syria?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 6:28 pm

Libya was so much better off with Gaddafi, Libya and Syria are the Obama administration's invasion of Iraq scale mistake as far foreign policy goes.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 6:35 pm

I find Obama's behavior in this bizarre. First Israel and now Russia. Today he has turfed out 35 Russian diplomats.

I don't think it will amount too much though. It is almost like a tantrum. Trump will reverse everything, he is already allied with Putin.

It's a bit early for things to go nuclear though. That will start in the Middle East.