trump campaign used Nazi symbol in Facebook ads

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,274

23 Jun 2020, 2:52 am

dogwhistle? certainly looks like it...



Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,531
Location: Melbourne, Australia

23 Jun 2020, 3:11 am

Working on the "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" principle, I'd be more inclined to believe it was not intentional...

After all, the list of "offensive" signs\symbols includes one of Boeing's aircraft models - 737 (That's a lot of hate around he world), "anti antifa" signs (so how can people indicate that do not agree with this group or want it in their area), "ACAB" (but only when the "wrong" people use it), Steel toed workboots, the Celtic cross, "German Phrases" (unspecified, implying all German speakers are included), the "not equal" sign, Pit Bull dogs, Runic characters, "WP", and many more "hate symbols", but no indication of an inverted triangle, according to https://www.adl.org/hate-symbols, which I believe was the organisation who reported it.

It's strange that they don't PUBLISH it as a symbol, yet include many items in their list on spurious grounds, theoretically branding mathematics and science as "hate" areas, most blue-collar workers, an entire nation (based on the language they speak), etc. while expecting people who use their site as a reference to know not use a symbol they themselves have not identified there as a "hate symbol".

I'd consider similarly ascribing the principle to anyone posting about a "hate" symbol being used while failing to confirm whether the appropriate reference site (in this case, the same as the group who lodged the report about the ads) actually contained it, but I'm not sure it's applicable in those cases.


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,509
Location: Australia

23 Jun 2020, 3:30 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Just in case anyone still doesn’t believe these people are Nazis promoting trump to Neo Nazis and white supremacists the trump campaign decided remove all doubt and plausible deniability by flat our running ads with Nazi symbols.

Facebook removed trump campaign’s Nazi symbol ads:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/tech/fac ... index.html

Leaked document makes trump’s Nazi symbol use look even worse:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ook-worse/

According to this article, they ran 88 versions of the ad - numerology referring to Hitler as “H,” is the 8th letter of the alphabet and “HH,” (or 88) stands for “Heil Hitler.”

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/19/facebo ... cist-code/


Look on the bright side.
It looks like Trump has Buckley's Chance in winning the next election. :mrgreen:

If he is intentionally using Nazi imagery to support his campaign,
It is disgusting.

Since I don't automatically accept what I see on the media,
I will do my own research and see what is happening here.

BTW,
What are you going to do when you don't have Trump to pummel? :scratch:
Reminisce? :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Last edited by Pepe on 23 Jun 2020, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,509
Location: Australia

23 Jun 2020, 3:37 am

Brictoria wrote:
Working on the "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" principle, I'd be more inclined to believe it was not intentional...

After all, the list of "offensive" signs\symbols includes one of Boeing's aircraft models - 737 (That's a lot of hate around he world), "anti antifa" signs (so how can people indicate that do not agree with this group or want it in their area), "ACAB" (but only when the "wrong" people use it), Steel toed workboots, the Celtic cross, "German Phrases" (unspecified, implying all German speakers are included), the "not equal" sign, Pit Bull dogs, Runic characters, "WP", and many more "hate symbols", but no indication of an inverted triangle, according to https://www.adl.org/hate-symbols, which I believe was the organisation who reported it.

It's strange that they don't PUBLISH it as a symbol, yet include many items in their list on spurious grounds, theoretically branding mathematics and science as "hate" areas, most blue-collar workers, an entire nation (based on the language they speak), etc. while expecting people who use their site as a reference to know not use a symbol they themselves have not identified there as a "hate symbol".

I'd consider similarly ascribing the principle to anyone posting about a "hate" symbol being used while failing to confirm whether the appropriate reference site (in this case, the same as the group who lodged the report about the ads) actually contained it, but I'm not sure it's applicable in those cases.


OH MINE GOTT!

It never occurred to me.
Wrong Planet = WP = "White Power"! !!

How could I have missed THAT?! !! 8O :mrgreen:

What a smart kookie you are, Brictoria.
I'm impressed with your observational ability. :wink:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,531
Location: Melbourne, Australia

23 Jun 2020, 4:20 am

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Working on the "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" principle, I'd be more inclined to believe it was not intentional...

After all, the list of "offensive" signs\symbols includes one of Boeing's aircraft models - 737 (That's a lot of hate around he world), "anti antifa" signs (so how can people indicate that do not agree with this group or want it in their area), "ACAB" (but only when the "wrong" people use it), Steel toed workboots, the Celtic cross, "German Phrases" (unspecified, implying all German speakers are included), the "not equal" sign, Pit Bull dogs, Runic characters, "WP", and many more "hate symbols", but no indication of an inverted triangle, according to https://www.adl.org/hate-symbols, which I believe was the organisation who reported it.

It's strange that they don't PUBLISH it as a symbol, yet include many items in their list on spurious grounds, theoretically branding mathematics and science as "hate" areas, most blue-collar workers, an entire nation (based on the language they speak), etc. while expecting people who use their site as a reference to know not use a symbol they themselves have not identified there as a "hate symbol".

I'd consider similarly ascribing the principle to anyone posting about a "hate" symbol being used while failing to confirm whether the appropriate reference site (in this case, the same as the group who lodged the report about the ads) actually contained it, but I'm not sure it's applicable in those cases.


OH MINE GOTT!

It never occurred to me.
Wrong Planet = WP = "White Power"! ! !

How could I have missed THAT?! ! ! 8O :mrgreen:

What a smart kookie you are, Brictoria.
I'm impressed with your observational ability. :wink:


I was wondering if anyone would notice that one in the list...

It's amazing how many seemingly innocent "symbols" there are, and yet the organisation that publishes them is still unable to include this particular symbol (which they complain about others using) on their list. If THEY don't think it's bad enough to include, why should anyone else be concerned with (or, for that matter, aware of) it?

The fact that some people are acting like they WERE aware of its meaning, however, could lead towards some interesting inferences were someone so inclined...

On a side note, you may want to be careful...That first line of your reply may get you into trouble :lol:


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,274

23 Jun 2020, 4:28 am

I prefer "mein Leben"



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,358
Location: Aux Arcs

24 Jun 2020, 3:30 pm

https://www.bendthearc.us/naziads?utm_c ... wishaction


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


Magna
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,932

24 Jun 2020, 4:03 pm

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Working on the "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" principle, I'd be more inclined to believe it was not intentional...

After all, the list of "offensive" signs\symbols includes one of Boeing's aircraft models - 737 (That's a lot of hate around he world), "anti antifa" signs (so how can people indicate that do not agree with this group or want it in their area), "ACAB" (but only when the "wrong" people use it), Steel toed workboots, the Celtic cross, "German Phrases" (unspecified, implying all German speakers are included), the "not equal" sign, Pit Bull dogs, Runic characters, "WP", and many more "hate symbols", but no indication of an inverted triangle, according to https://www.adl.org/hate-symbols, which I believe was the organisation who reported it.

It's strange that they don't PUBLISH it as a symbol, yet include many items in their list on spurious grounds, theoretically branding mathematics and science as "hate" areas, most blue-collar workers, an entire nation (based on the language they speak), etc. while expecting people who use their site as a reference to know not use a symbol they themselves have not identified there as a "hate symbol".

I'd consider similarly ascribing the principle to anyone posting about a "hate" symbol being used while failing to confirm whether the appropriate reference site (in this case, the same as the group who lodged the report about the ads) actually contained it, but I'm not sure it's applicable in those cases.


OH MINE GOTT!

It never occurred to me.
Wrong Planet = WP = "White Power"! ! !

How could I have missed THAT?! ! ! 8O :mrgreen:

What a smart kookie you are, Brictoria.
I'm impressed with your observational ability. :wink:


Referring to Wrong Planet as WP needs to be banned going forward.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,491
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

25 Jun 2020, 1:39 am

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Just in case anyone still doesn’t believe these people are Nazis promoting trump to Neo Nazis and white supremacists the trump campaign decided remove all doubt and plausible deniability by flat our running ads with Nazi symbols.

Facebook removed trump campaign’s Nazi symbol ads:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/tech/fac ... index.html

Leaked document makes trump’s Nazi symbol use look even worse:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ook-worse/

According to this article, they ran 88 versions of the ad - numerology referring to Hitler as “H,” is the 8th letter of the alphabet and “HH,” (or 88) stands for “Heil Hitler.”

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/19/facebo ... cist-code/


Look on the bright side.
It looks like Trump has Buckley's Chance in winning the next election. :mrgreen:

If he is intentionally using Nazi imagery to support his campaign,
It is disgusting.

Since I don't automatically accept what I see on the media,
I will do my own research and see what is happening here.

BTW,
What are you going to do when you don't have Trump to pummel? :scratch:
Reminisce? :mrgreen:


Literally anything else. Ride my motorcycle, go kiteboarding, read a book/study, go to the beach, hangout with my god kids, get laid, have good food/smoke/drink.. but there will still be ongoing news about trump and his organization and family members being investigated for the rest of my life so there’ll always be something to read and have a laugh at. 8)


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.