Post weird/funny things you like to repeat

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 5:27 pm

Me and my friend sometimes talk about the words/phrases/sounds we get the urge to repeat. I don't know if it counts as echolalia, but I just occasionally get the urge to say certain things over and over. Usually they're from shows or things I've heard people say before that I think are pleasing to hear/replicate.

Personal examples: Sometimes I like to quietly just go "wee woo wee woo" to myself like Patrick from Spongebob, and I like to repeat some phrases from the Eye character from 12oz Mouse since I think the way he says things is amusing. I also like to make ape noises, but half the reason for that is just to make my friend laugh.

(Btw, I didn't post this in the GAD forum since this is mostly just a lighthearted thread to post things you like to repeat that you think are funny, not really a question as to whether other people do this or not since I bet other people do.)

I have two cats, a rabbit, and a dog. I also enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 9:44 pm

Some words and names are just fun to say.

Like "the high chapparelle"

The actress "Winona Ryder"

The name of the author "Jamaica Kincaid".

"Dortmunder Union" (a German import beer).

"Cocolicho" ( the name of now largely dead language- a hybrid of Spanish and Italian that used to be spoken in Argentina).

Mobsters have great names

Arnold Anastasio (the guy who got gunned down in a barber chair in 1952, by..."the Genovasi Gang", also a beautifully named bunch of scumbags! Lol!.