funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 8:14 pm

Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Since when did James O'Keefe or Project Veritas have any credibility?

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Project_Veritas

So, your counter to a video of Facebook staff making claims about how they censor\delete posts due to the political alignment of the poster, rather than the content of the post...Is to attack the messenger?

On the plus side, it does demonstrate the indefensibility of censoring\deleting in a subjective way such as they do at Facebook, as shown in the video.

Why would I trust a propaganda mill known for distributing doctored videos? Even the Onion is a more credible source.

Well, you've now excluded every news source which publishes video of events, being that these would have been "doctored" - sometimes to remove sections which have no impact on the event having been reorded, other times to remove information which could show an event in a different context.

That's not what I mean by doctored but of course since you can't defend the indefensible you need to rely on dishonesty.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 8:49 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Since when did James O'Keefe or Project Veritas have any credibility?

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Project_Veritas

So, your counter to a video of Facebook staff making claims about how they censor\delete posts due to the political alignment of the poster, rather than the content of the post...Is to attack the messenger?

On the plus side, it does demonstrate the indefensibility of censoring\deleting in a subjective way such as they do at Facebook, as shown in the video.

Why would I trust a propaganda mill known for distributing doctored videos? Even the Onion is a more credible source.

Well, you've now excluded every news source which publishes video of events, being that these would have been "doctored" - sometimes to remove sections which have no impact on the event having been reorded, other times to remove information which could show an event in a different context.

That's not what I mean by doctored but of course since you can't defend the indefensible you need to rely on dishonesty.

So, for example, taking a short section of a video showing a group of children around a person playing a drum, and stating that they had approached and surrounded him,to block his path, when the full video (which was available to them) showed this person instead approaching the children and walking into their group...wasn't "doctored"?

I also take offence at the accusation of dishonesty...In your post, you stated "doctored" - you did not specify\indicate\describe what you were referring to, and so I supplied, as an example, a demonstration of one form of doctoring which commonly occurs. Just because you do not LIKE what I posted does not make the post (or myself) dishonest (in fact or in intent).

Instead of trying to deflect from the information which I posted (through the use of this accusation), it would have been more productive to have instead posted with an example\explanation of any SPECIFIC form of doctoring to which you meant, but had not previously indicated.

"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 9:08 pm

I don't have sympathy for anyone who still uses Facebook and gets upset by this, after all the things that have come out about it for years. People in general need to just stop using Facebook and things owned by it.

I have two cats, a rabbit, and a dog. I also enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2020, 2:20 am

Fnord wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Fnord I’m sure will be kissed if some Republican bought Facebook and started censoring those composites antics leftists(anyone left leaning)
What is "composites antics leftists"?  I cannot parse the phrase.

But yeah, at least the lefties on Facebook have finally come out and stopped denying that they do any censorship.

And personally, if both Facebook AND Twitter stopped operating at all, I would not shed a single tear.

I don't do FB or Twitter, either,
Even before I realised the depth of left-wing bias.
Youtube also has a "Liberal" bias.
It must be more profitable to cater to the left-wing audience. :scratch:

I only got onto Twitter because I was trying to contact Alex.
But once they asked for a phone number, and I didn't reply, the account expired, thankfully. :wink:

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv Joe Biden! Democracy first!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2020, 2:24 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Sorry Pepe, mentioning Facebook in any kind of ethical context is just absurd :lol:

D'oh!
What was I thinking? :mrgreen:

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Censorship is not a trend Autistic people as a very small minority should be embracing.

I prefer to have an objective mindset rather than a partisan one.
Before I came here, I thought most aspies would have agreed. :?

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv Joe Biden! Democracy first!