Page 5 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,188
Location: Australia

28 Apr 2021, 6:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

As far as Patton seeing the Germans as the best race in Europe: as an American of German descent, I gotta say... :lol:


Quote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I seem to recall Eisenhower and Patton being anti-fascist, or Antifa. I dare say, being anti-fascist is an American value.


:lmao:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv Joe Biden! Democracy first!


uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Aug 2019
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 534

28 Apr 2021, 10:20 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:
(a bunch of silly nonsense)


The majority of your bluster aside, the funniest part is the end where you contradict yourself apparently without even realizing it. Changing words can make any argument sound like any argument, except when YOU'RE changing words like replacing "anti-fascist" with "fascist". Funny that...

I've never told anyone to shut up or that they couldn't criticize. Quite the opposite. I ask people to explain and elaborate, all the time. You wanna talk about it so much? Let's do. I always offer that challenge. Speak up, and explain. Don't be shy.

Funny thing is, they usually don't. They come out of the chute all brash and bold, as you have, and as soon as I hand them the mic and the stage and say "ok, regale us with the full story", they choke and scurry away, coughing up other people's words and links to videos that do the talking for them as they go, mumbling and muttering something about being silenced or some bullcrap, after literally being given the stage to themselves. It's not like I have the power to erase your posts. So I literally can't silence you. Spare me the "deciding what people can or can't talk about" - clearly I haven't stopped you, or anyone else, so I'm not sure what you're on about there. It's almost as if you're changing the words to make my argument sound like another argument. But that would be silly, huh? 8)

You "sincerely doubt"...? Fancy way of saying you don't actually know, isn't it? And, well, that IS one of their talking points, even if you MOST sincerely "doubt" it, with all your blessed little heart :heart:

I never said Jeff Bezos was Jewish. But he is often claimed to be among the "liberal elite", and they all tie together the same way. Good job though, aiming for the low hanging fruit and avoiding mentioning Bernie Sanders.

It's not my criticism though, it's a commonly used talking point. Furthermore, how can I "protest too much", when I'm not protesting anything? The idea of thou doth protest too much relies on an individual claiming that they themselves do not do a thing. I have never made any claims regarding my own behavior one way or the other, in protest or any other manner. I've been talking about the behavior of OTHERS. Nice try though.

Claiming that christianity as a whole is more uptight than judaism is not hard, despite your ability to find a narrow exception that in no way invalidates the general idea. For the most part, especially in america, judaism does not have the same extreme taboos around sex, or homosexuality, that christianity tends to. Their more LIBERAL nature to what christianty considers to be SINS, is where a lot of the extreme tropes about the "immoral" nature of "liberals" even comes from. And some christians are still salty about the whole "judas betraying jesus" thing from their magic book.

Yes. You got me. I am totally only doing this to win brownie points. My A-Blue-Minati handlers are observing this conversation as we speak thanks to 5g covid starlink vaccine implants. I eagerly anticipate their adoration and applause for being Indoctrinee of the Month just like all of my clone comrads. How on earth did you figure it out, you sly sleuth of deduction, you. Rats. I have been compromised. I must now bite hollow tooth causing me to

Laugh my arse off :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

I'm sure it seemed like a sick burn at the time, but given that I don't actually care about such things, I also don't care about you excitedly trying to rile me up by claiming that I do.

You say my claims are absurd, and then make a big show "debunking" completely different claims, and attempting to put me on the defensive. If you REALLY wanna talk, tell me more about YOUR thoughts, not mine. I can talk about my thoughts just fine. So far your biggest defense that these AREN'T rooted in Klan talking points has been "no it isn't", "I don't think", and changing the subject to the "irrelevant" things, after whining about how "irrelevant" my post was.

You'd rather imagine what you think "sincerely believe" the Klan uses for talking points, cos then you can imagine whatever you want. But lets find out for realz, shall we? Lets have that conversation. Let's actually explore things. WHY is antifa actually a fascist organization? What are their goals? To what end are they doing it? On who's behalf are they doing it. Why are they having antifa do these things? And please, give me something better than vague sound bites like "because they hate freedom and hate america!" ok, cool, WHY do they hate america, lets really dig in and see if we can fins here it comes from, and not just a big pile of circular logic.

Try harder :wink:



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,302

28 Apr 2021, 11:58 pm

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
slam_thunderhide wrote:
...communism has killed more people than any other political philosophy in the past 100 years,


Communism is no longer a threat in a world ruled by free market economics. You are throwing around red herrings.


:roll:

Quote:
‘Drums of war’ warnings spread across the world to British news

viewtopic.php?t=396505#p8773966

Quote:
China is 'trampling on Hong Kong's democracy'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56585731

Quote:
Four Ways a China-U.S. War at Sea Could Play Out

Taiwan is the most likely flashpoint, but combat could stretch out as far as the Indian Ocean.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... alia-india

Quote:
China Unleashes Brutal Wolf-Warrior Diplomacy on Australia

https://www.internationalaffairs.org.au ... australia/


China and Russia allow the free market to operate so they aren't communist countries anymore. If we were living in the 1920a and 30s when private enterprises were nationalised or during 1956 when the Soviets invaded Hungary and China invaded Tibet then you might have a point.

Putin and Xi are authoritarian dictators who are both capitalists and nationalists



SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,774
Location: Michigan

29 Apr 2021, 2:12 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
WHY is antifa actually a fascist organization? What are their goals? To what end are they doing it? On who's behalf are they doing it. Why are they having antifa do these things?

Everybody knows, they're trying to make the Right look bad so the Demonrats will vote for Sleepy Joe and his communist China socialism :mrgreen:


_________________
he had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say
we'll miss him


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,302

29 Apr 2021, 2:20 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
WHY is antifa actually a fascist organization? What are their goals? To what end are they doing it? On who's behalf are they doing it. Why are they having antifa do these things?

Everybody knows, they're trying to make the Right look bad so the Demonrats will vote for Sleepy Joe and his communist China socialism :mrgreen:


to MAGAs democrats are communists and therefore their natural enemy
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 89291.html



Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 736
Location: Tulsa, OK

30 Apr 2021, 8:11 am

Hating America is a very popular pastime nowadays.



Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,364
Location: Dunking jammy dodgers

30 Apr 2021, 8:34 am

Its not just nowadays. There was a large bunch of people trying to overthrow American democracy just a few months back. Go back 160 years and there were people trying to overthrow American democracy



uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Aug 2019
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 534

30 Apr 2021, 5:12 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Hating America is a very popular pastime nowadays.


On the other hand, claiming that people "hate america" is a really really old trick, that saves the speaker a lot of inconvenient explaining. "They hate america" is a lovely piece of circular logic that requires no further explanation or expenditure of thought than "because they hate america!" or "because they hate Freedom!" Even if you point out that some of the people who supposedly "hate america" ARE AMERICANS themselves, well, they're clearly not TRUE Scotsmen REAL americans... they're those FAKE americans, who don't LOVE their country...



Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,937
Location: United States

30 Apr 2021, 7:55 pm

Antifa is not a formal organization, unlike BLM. (Although the two work together extensively.) Instead, Antifa is a decentralized movement with a common goal, like MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way). They don't have central leaders, although the do each have a known logo. Their goals are completely unrelated, though. MGTOW seeks to protect men from physical injuries, mental health damages, legal troubles, and financial bankruptcy caused by the presence of a woman in their lives. Antifa seeks to destroy America and turn into a Marxist shadow of its former self, the one that makes North Korea feel like a pleasant place to live in comparison.

Antifa's end goal is to turn America into a Marxist, criminal wasteland, where the only people who go outside are looters ransacking and burning what's left of America's businesses, and terrified civilians making their weekly grocery runs. Everyone else stays home 24/7, worrying about yet another fake virus. All while the liberal elite snicker at us from their mansions and yachts, as they plan the next scamdemic. And the Antifa members they sponsor rule us all with an iron fist, baseball bats, and Molotov cocktails.

The above isn't reality now. But it can easily become reality if the government and/or willing citizens don't take action against Antifa right away.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,302

30 Apr 2021, 10:42 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Hating America is a very popular pastime nowadays.


Which has nothing to do with the topic. The OP is trying to create a bogeyman where one doesn't exist. That's all most posters are saying.

You are the one channelling anti-Americanism not us.



slam_thunderhide
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 5 Dec 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 144

01 May 2021, 5:56 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
slam_thunderhide wrote:
(a bunch of silly nonsense)


… Let's actually explore things. WHY is antifa actually a fascist organization? What are their goals? To what end are they doing it? On who's behalf are they doing it. Why are they having antifa do these things?


I have explicitly said twice on this thread (including in the post you were just responding to) that antifa are not fascist.

MrReynholm called antifa fascist on account of their violence. I agreed with him in condemning their violence but said that it didn’t make them fascist. I then added that antifa calling themselves antifa is also a misnomer, since they are really anti-nation, anti-property, anti-borders and anti-normality.

This little exchange is enough to convince me there’s not much point continuing to discuss this with you, at least not until you get off your high horse and actually read what other people are saying.



slam_thunderhide
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 5 Dec 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 144

01 May 2021, 5:57 am

cyberdad wrote:
It makes me cringe and embarrassed when people on this forum ignore the MAGA crazies who allowed a nutcase to run the free world for 4 years but blame a small faction of leftwing people (I mean how many antifa people have been arrested?) for all the ills over the last 4 years who never harmed anyone.


In reality, Trump hardly governed in a different way to any other president of recent years. The liberal-leftists who still whine about him can’t seem to explain how their lives were any different under Trump’s presidency than they were under Obama’s or how they are now under Biden’s. It’s all just perception.

And your suggestion that criticizing antifa is the same as blaming them for all of the ills of the last four years is a strawman.

As for the question of how many antifa have been arrested, that is part of the whole story that Andy Ngo is investigating. Plenty of them have been arrested, but plenty more have gotten away with their crap firstly because the authorities often allow it when it’s politically expedient for them (e.g., in discrediting Trump’s presidency) and secondly (as they have been secretly filmed admitting) because they receive training in commiting violence without getting caught.

And the ones that do get arrested usually get bailed out by their organizations that people like you want to convince us are so insignificant and poorly-funded.

cyberdad wrote:
I'm afraid Andy Ngo lives in an alternate reality where he thinks he's a far right white man in his fight against antifa
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... real-enemy


It’s amazing how the white far-right are somehow responsible for everything you don’t like in the world. Perhaps a gay Asian-American journalist has decided to investigate antifa because he doesn’t like seeing them attacking innocent people in the street and destroying property and getting away with it, and because he thinks there’s a story there. No, it must be the white far-right who put the ideas in his head.

cyberdad wrote:
slam_thunderhide wrote:
Fascism is/was a specific political philosophy, it doesn’t just mean violence or authoritarianism. Too many people on the left and right alike use the word fascism as a byword for anything they don’t like.


I'm interpreting from your post that you think fascism should be normalised?


I know you must get excited whenever you think you’ve spotted another opportunity to get on your high horse, but I don’t see how trying to understand things is the same as trying to normalise them.

Even communism’s most vocal opponents can admit that it was/is a specific political philosophy, with its own intellectuals and founding texts, and even communism’s opponents usually try to understand what ever attracted people to communism in the first place. But when it comes to fascism, you apparently think we’re all supposed to talk about it as if we were superstitious medieval peasants talking about the devil.



slam_thunderhide
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 5 Dec 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 144

01 May 2021, 5:59 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes, the Klan has used the argument, claiming blacks now have time to breed instead of working. Yes, that argument is completely inane, but then again white nationalists are by nature inane.
Racists on the right do use code words to attack blacks, Jews, LGBTQ, liberals, etc.
Why the need to defend bigoted talking points?


Uncommondenominator was saying that when right-wingers attack liberals, “liberals” is really a codeword for “Jews”. Now you are claiming that right-wingers use code-words to attack liberals?

Since right-wingers are obviously not shy about criticizing liberals, your post seems like a bit of a Freudian slip. Perhaps you would actually like to make criticism of liberals borderline illegal? Perhaps if you had your way you’d be working in some Ministry of Information constantly removing more and more words from the dictionary on the grounds that they were “right-wing” code-words for something else?

This thread is kind of surreal. Since antifa played a pivotal role in the George Floyd riots, I might have expected left and right alike to join in condemning them. Instead I’ve learned that not only are right-wingers bad people for even criticizing antifa, they’re bad people if they ever dare to criticize liberals, leftists, Democrats, the Trilateral Commission and Jeff Bezos too.



OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Oct 2017
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,022
Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

01 May 2021, 6:50 am

Aspie1 wrote:
MGTOW seeks to protect men from physical injuries, mental health damages, legal troubles, and financial bankruptcy caused by the presence of a woman in their lives. Antifa seeks to destroy America and turn into a Marxist shadow of its former self, the one that makes North Korea feel like a pleasant place to live in comparison.

MGTOW also gives misogynists a community to complain about women in. Antifa fights fascism but some of the people involved with it go too far.


_________________
Silence lies steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House. And we who walk here, walk alone.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,302

01 May 2021, 7:20 am

slam_thunderhide wrote:
It’s amazing how the white far-right are somehow responsible for everything you don’t like in the world. Perhaps a gay Asian-American journalist has decided to investigate antifa because he doesn’t like seeing them attacking innocent people in the street and destroying property and getting away with it, and because he thinks there’s a story there. No, it must be the white far-right who put the ideas in his head.
.


I have never said the far right is responsible for everything wrong in the world. But elements of their belief system is bubbling just beneath the surface in the prejudice that permeates social fabric of the western world.

I am amazed why some people go to such extremes to defend the far-right? any ideas? want to share?

What exactly has Andy Ngo's sexuality got to do with his actions? Ben Shapiro seems to also be against anti-fascists despite being jewish and Milo Yianopoulos is gay but flirts with the far-right.



Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,937
Location: United States

01 May 2021, 8:52 am

OutsideView wrote:
MGTOW also gives misogynists a community to complain about women in. Antifa fights fascism but some of the people involved with it go too far.
There's nothing wrong with complaining. MGTOW was always grass-roots, meant to warn men about the dangers of letting a woman into their lives. (Some degrees of MGTOW only eschew romantic relationships, but approve of friendships; others avoid all forms of close interactions with women.) It has no political sponsors or central leaders, just masses of men united by a common social problem brought on by feminism. And they're keeping it that way, because politics ruins everything.

Antifa was like that it's very early days: "to hell with fascism", "peace and love", and so on, like the hippies in 1960's. Today, however, Antifa has a central leader and sponsor: George Soros, one of the most dangerous people in the world. Almost everything they do today is what Soros tells them to do; he pays a lot of money for it, and he pays the US Democrats to support them too. If you think what they did to America's downtowns last summer was "peace and love", then I suggest you read "1984" right away, so you learn what "doublethink" is.