I Got Bored So I Signed Up For A Filipino Dating Site.

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 3:27 pm

Walang anuman!

-Kuya Fnord

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 7:08 pm

cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
I dont understand why everyone is treating Lunella as racist when as someone himself whose parents are immigrants it is a fact amongst almost every immigrant I know, be they Pakistani, Algerian, Turk, Somali etc. that many people in the 3rd world are desperate gold diggers when it comes to the West and that they assume if someone is from America that they're financially loaded and that marrying them is a ticket to a better life. Heck, in my own family several of my own aunts and cousins later on admitted to marrying white men so they can come to America and get their green card, and they didnt give a damn about the man they married. .

Well that's true also but you can't generalise to all people in those countries. Somali women its almost impossible to marry outside of their community.

Ilhan Omar is married to a non-Somali.

Minervx_2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2021, 2:13 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
Some of these accounts were most likely bots, especially the ones which immediately asked to skype with me because they were feeling lonely but some of these women looked legitimate.

So, out of the people who have responded to your messages, how many of them have had Skype calls with you?

Imo, the number of matches doesn't matter as much as the number of matches that actually lead to something.

Muse933277
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2021, 4:41 pm

Minervx_2 wrote:

So, out of the people who have responded to your messages, how many of them have had Skype calls with you?

Imo, the number of matches doesn't matter as much as the number of matches that actually lead to something.

Well I'm currently talking to 3 girls, of which 2 of them I asked if they wanted to have a skype call this week and both confirmed.

Girl #1: Iv'e been talking to her for 3 days now and we have a strong connection with each other. We text each other a lot and iv'e looked at her Facebook and I think she's really attractive. I might talk to her for another day and then ask to skype with each other. I don't know if that's too soon.

Girl #2: Iv'e been talking to this girl for about a month and I have her Snapchat. Sometimes, she initiates texts with me and says good morning. We have several things in common and she seems pretty nice, but I want to make sure that she is a real person as well. I have a moderate connection with her but not as much as girl #1, so if girl #1 doesn't come through, then I might pursue this girl.

Girl #3: This is the first girl that I talked to outside of FilipinoCupid. Although she is nice and always texts back, we don't seem to have a lot in common. We don't like the same kind of movies, same kind of music and we don't have any similar interests to one another. I feel like I'm only keeping her around in case anybody else doesn't work out.

Muse933277
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2021, 8:39 pm

I'm video chatting with one of them tonight, i'm a little nervous.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 8:49 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
I'm video chatting with one of them tonight, i'm a little nervous.

Good luck :D

Muse933277
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2021, 11:59 pm

So I video chatted with girl #2 today and it didn't really go that well to be honest. For one thing, her audio mic quality was really bad so I had a hard time understanding her. Secondly, her English wasn't the greatest and thirdly, the conversation fell flat and it was mostly me doing the talking while she would only reply with simple words. She never asked me questions and there were many awkward silent conversations. So it wasn't too surprising that the video chat only lasted 10 minutes before she lost connection and told me that she had to go.

I'm glad that I did it though because when you're interacting with someone on camera or in person, you can really tell whether or not you're compatible and click with each other. During that very brief 10 minute video chat with her, I could tell that we didn't really "click".

Maybe she was just nervous, which is why I will offer to video chat with her again if she wants to.