Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2021, 7:45 am

.. no 8)

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2021, 7:46 am

..as a woman , you will find it alot easier than most men .. even simply just to interact

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 2:23 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Are there any good dating sites?

I consider myself experienced after being active on dating sites since January of this year. So far, I have been on two actual dates, and been invited to two more, in which one woman canceled on the morning-of and then ghosted me, and the other woman actually stood me up altogether, left me waiting in a restaurant by myself for no apparent reason.

To Fnord, who says "Yes means Yes"... In my experience, Yes means maybe-kinda-sorta-I dunno-maybe not. :lol:

I know three sites well:

POF - not a bad interface, not much room for detailed profiles though. Mainly it is just based upon physical attraction. I recommend it as ok, maybe as a woman you do better. I got nothing but the canceller out of it and ghosting.

OKCupid - Lots of fetishists and trans on here, I noticed. Also a lot of foreigners aiming for a green card. Also, there's a trap here, the questionnaire. Once you answer a question, you can't delete the question, it haunts you forever. That's problematic if you start getting nervous about all the sexual questions. I deleted my profile because I wasn't getting anything out of the site, and it was possible a coworker could view all that... I did get one date here. I dumped her because she was an alcoholic. The women: men ratio is at least 1:5, maybe even 1:10.

eHarmony - this is my favorite site, because it gives a lot of control over the profile, and the messaging system is a lot more conducive to long, elaborate messages. Also they support video-chat for premium users. I actually got a date out of this. It went well too.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 6:18 pm

There's another one called Badoo which is okish I guess.
I think I've tried quite a few other different ones in the past, just not for me.

One bad experience is bad enough for me.

Currently Blint is stable and is undergoing physio. She is now able to walk with assistance and slow restoration of her right arm. Full recovery is looking promising, once again, thank you tremendously for your support. Signature is updated accordingly based on her recovery.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 7:16 pm

Gentleman Argentum wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
Are there any good dating sites?

I consider myself experienced after being active on dating sites since January of this year. So far, I have been on two actual dates, and been invited to two more, in which one woman canceled on the morning-of and then ghosted me, and the other woman actually stood me up altogether, left me waiting in a restaurant by myself for no apparent reason.

To Fnord, who says "Yes means Yes"... In my experience, Yes means maybe-kinda-sorta-I dunno-maybe not. :lol:

I know three sites well:

POF - not a bad interface, not much room for detailed profiles though. Mainly it is just based upon physical attraction. I recommend it as ok, maybe as a woman you do better. I got nothing but the canceller out of it and ghosting.

OKCupid - Lots of fetishists and trans on here, I noticed. Also a lot of foreigners aiming for a green card. Also, there's a trap here, the questionnaire. Once you answer a question, you can't delete the question, it haunts you forever. That's problematic if you start getting nervous about all the sexual questions. I deleted my profile because I wasn't getting anything out of the site, and it was possible a coworker could view all that... I did get one date here. I dumped her because she was an alcoholic. The women: men ratio is at least 1:5, maybe even 1:10.

eHarmony - this is my favorite site, because it gives a lot of control over the profile, and the messaging system is a lot more conducive to long, elaborate messages. Also they support video-chat for premium users. I actually got a date out of this. It went well too.

I think those women were playing games.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 7:35 pm

I've never used a dating site and I likely never would. One day many years ago I was bored and a free-trial eHarmony survey popped up on my computer. I like questionnaires so I filled it in even though I wasn't looking for a date. It was really interesting and seemed pretty thorough. I forgot all about it until about a year later they emailed me and said I had ONE match. I didn't even know I was eligible for matches since I didn't join, but I thought it was pretty funny that it took a year for anyone on planet Earth to match with my profile. I wrote things like "I just want to stay home. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything". Apparently there's one person in the world who matched, and I still try to picture this lonely soul out there looking for a friend. I'd love to know who he was, just out of curiosity. Surely there's no one with the same lack of social interest that I expressed?

old_comedywriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2021, 8:16 pm

Short answer: No
Long answer: Hell No

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 3:23 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I've never used a dating site and I likely never would. One day many years ago I was bored and a free-trial eHarmony survey popped up on my computer. I like questionnaires so I filled it in even though I wasn't looking for a date. It was really interesting and seemed pretty thorough. I forgot all about it until about a year later they emailed me and said I had ONE match. I didn't even know I was eligible for matches since I didn't join, but I thought it was pretty funny that it took a year for anyone on planet Earth to match with my profile. I wrote things like "I just want to stay home. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything". Apparently there's one person in the world who matched, and I still try to picture this lonely soul out there looking for a friend. I'd love to know who he was, just out of curiosity. Surely there's no one with the same lack of social interest that I expressed?

There's plenty, dear. I have little social interest myself. Staying home I do quite a bit, although, not all the time, that gets old. One needs to have little adventures once in a while.

A match on eHarmony does not mean that the person likes you. It means eHarmony thinks you are somewhat compatible. If you send someone a smile, message or ice-breaker, and they reply...that's when you have an actual Contact. I have made a fair number of Contacts on eHarmony. Right now I am still interested in one of them. She is unusual, but I like that about her. I don't think I like usual very much.

Most people will not get interested in someone that has not uploaded a profile picture. At least one, preferably several recent ones. There are many female profiles with no picture at all! And then some with only one picture, a head shot. Then, there are profiles with very old photos, I am talking 2008... I do not know why women think that is OK. I think they are nervous about their looks, maybe or about people at work finding out about them and judging them... I know I was a little bit too. Then I reckon nobody at work can really say anything, they need luv too. :P

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 8:58 pm

I tried ALOT of dating sites in the past, POF - I never got anyone, Match.com, eHarmony - never got a guy, OkCupid- got one ex-boyfriend, I talked to alot of guys there, I did more dating sites. I’m friends with my ex, he wants to be my boyfriend again, I don’t know about that.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 6:26 pm

superboyian wrote:
There's another one called Badoo which is okish I guess.
I think I've tried quite a few other different ones in the past, just not for me.

One bad experience is bad enough for me.

I was on Badoo years ago, and it was nothing but Spam bots.