Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 7:39 pm

Why are people still in denial about the COVID? I read alot of places are opening up, I know alot of people already got the vaccine, but other people didn’t get it yet. Is there still a little bit of a chance that they will get the virus? I think someone got the virus when they already took the vaccine.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jun 2021, 3:27 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Why are people still in denial about the COVID? I read alot of places are opening up, I know alot of people already got the vaccine, but other people didn’t get it yet. Is there still a little bit of a chance that they will get the virus? I think someone got the virus when they already took the vaccine.
There's TONS of misinformation out there & lots of people do not know who or what to trust & not trust. The vaccines are very new & not a lot is known about their potential effectiveness & potential side-effects. For example lots of various meds get approved by the FDA & then withdrawn from the market after a bit due to concern about side-effects. Lots of various meds are advertised on TV & within a couple years there are advertisements on TV for more than a small amount of them about class-action lawsuits against those meds due to their side-effects or their ineffectiveness. In regards to things opening up, lots of places can not stay shut down forever. The economy & lots of smaller businesses & individuals can not afford to keep things closed. Plus there is the issue of & debate about people having the freedom to make their own decisions regarding their health & wellbeing. If things are too restrictive we risk becoming a police state where people get thrown in detention cells for simply leaving their homes. It's a balancing act between personal freedom & safety.

~King Of The Hill

"Hear all, trust nothing"

~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition