Which option do you think is best?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Which option would you chose
Option 1. If girls that you like are not attracted to you in return settle for someone that you are not attracted to 24%  24%  [ 6 ]
Option 2. Accept you will never be with someone you like and remain single for the rest of your life 76%  76%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 25

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 11:47 am

What choice would you chose?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 11:58 am

I went with two. Being with someone you're not attracted to is way more miserable than being alone.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 12:01 pm

Jamesy wrote:
What choice would you chose?
An option not listed: Adapt to whatever is available.  This is what I did, and it worked for me.

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 12:01 pm

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 1:24 pm

Apparently I'm the only one that chose 1 so far. I don't see the point in just wallowing and deciding to never get into a relationship because your dating pool got smaller. I assume "attraction" means physical attraction though, since that seems to be all anyone talks about on here, as if nothing else matters...

I like playing video games, watching cartoons and anime, reading, and cooking.

I have two cats, a rabbit, and a dog. I also enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

Empathy Quotient: 34/80
Systemizing Quotient: 104/150
Friendship Quotient: 56/140
Autism Quotient: 36/80

RAADS-R: 169

CAT-Q: 153
Compensation: 57
Masking: 47
Assimilation: 49

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 144 of 200.
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 63 of 200.
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 1:43 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Apparently I'm the only one that chose 1 so far. I don't see the point in just wallowing and deciding to never get into a relationship because your dating pool got smaller. I assume "attraction" means physical attraction though, since that seems to be all anyone talks about on here, as if nothing else matters...

The word "attraction" wasn't important to me.

I voted based on the fact he said "settle for .... " someone.

It's not fair to the other person. I wouldn't want to be someone's last resort.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 1:46 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

I think whenever I read "settle for" on here my mind just ignores it, since I've seen people have a ridiculous view of what "settling" is (not having a partner with every physical and personality trait, like/dislike, life goal, etc. that they want).

I like playing video games, watching cartoons and anime, reading, and cooking.

I have two cats, a rabbit, and a dog. I also enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

Empathy Quotient: 34/80
Systemizing Quotient: 104/150
Friendship Quotient: 56/140
Autism Quotient: 36/80

RAADS-R: 169

CAT-Q: 153
Compensation: 57
Masking: 47
Assimilation: 49

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 144 of 200.
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 63 of 200.
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie).

Redpaws
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jul 2021, 3:04 pm

I'd rather be single than settle for someone. Spending my life with someone I wasn't attracted to would just make me miserable.

I'd go for the not listed option 3 though, not give up but keep trying. There are more fish in the sea than one attractive woman who blows me off and those I don't fancy

- Hver eneste gang vi snakker eller uttrykker oss nedsettende om andre mennesker for egenskaper eller attributter de ikke kan råde over, om det er hudfarge, etnisitet, en funksjonsnedsettelse, eller hva som helst – blir vi bitte litt mindre. Det er jo dette det hele handler om, å tåle det som er annerledes fra oss selv og som ikke er selvvalgt.
- Fredrik Solvang

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 6:32 pm

I'd choose #2 because looks aren't everything.

Om Nom 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Jul 2021, 6:18 am

I would def chose the 1st option. I'm sort of demisexual & I do NOT care about physical attraction the way most guys do. I do NOT get the love at 1st sight thing people talk about. I care about qualities that can take time to show & develop like being a decent respectable person, being compassionate, caring about animals & plant life, being reliable, being trustworthy, being supportive & going the extra mile to help out a friend or family member going through a rough time, being sweet & sensitive, being affectionate with romantic partners, being funny & making me laugh. I majorly HATED being single & I was extremely lonely. I was single for 8 years straight between my 1st & 2nd relationship without so much as a single date despite my best efforts. I really believed that I coulda made a relationship work with most anyone if she woulda been willing to give me a real chance. I know I am very far from perfect but I also know that I have lots of good qualities as well but extremely few women were willing to give me the chance & time that I needed in order for my good qualities to shine. It's only fair that I woulda been willing to give somebody the shot I wanted someone to give me. I know it may seem like settling at 1st but I do not think of it as settling because I woulda fallen for her after a bit if she treated me with decency & respect.

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I think whenever I read "settle for" on here my mind just ignores it, since I've seen people have a ridiculous view of what "settling" is (not having a partner with every physical and personality trait, like/dislike, life goal, etc. that they want).
I notice that as well & what's really ironic is that the people who complain about settling the most on here are also some of the biggest complainers on here about being single :wall: It's like if they were unemployed & homeless on the street & they were offered lots of jobs & would turn every single one down because it is not their dream job :roll: People often say on here that desperation is a giant turnoff but I think think reeking of self-entitlement is the biggest turnoff of all. Then there's some on here like me who complained VERY OFTEN about being alone but I know that there is NO such thing as a perfect person. Any romantic relationship I would ever get would have some problems. The key is how I deal with them. I am not compromising myself by tackling them together with my girlfriend. Knowing I have someone to support me when there are problems or issues is a huge help. Also sometimes just accepting that there will be some things I dislike & some problems in our relationship can make them a lot easier to handle. Taking time & effort to notice & appreciate all the positives can majorly help me handle the negatives.

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I would be fine with being someone's last resort. I was VERY desperate when I was single & I really like desperate women. We have something in common & can relate. Besides we would fall for each other after a while anyway so even if we are each other's last resort at 1st, we would become each other's 1st choice after a bit.

~King Of The Hill

"Hear all, trust nothing"

~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jul 2021, 10:36 am

I don't understand. How can you be attracted to appearance only, and one type at that? This seems ridiculous to base your whole life on.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 5:50 pm

2, despite having been in a relationship with an NT.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 2:24 pm

browneyedgirlslowingdown wrote:
I don't understand. How can you be attracted to appearance only, and one type at that? This seems ridiculous to base your whole life on.

^^^ this

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 10:52 pm

Other than the fact that I'm a straight female, I'm really not copacetic with the options for me to choose.

Rather I have questions (and probably more depending on the answers). When we say 'attracted' do we mean in general or just physically? How do I know that everyone I like or would like has no attraction to me?_?

StrayCat81
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2021, 4:17 am

Hmm, as an asexual, I'm attracted to nobody, so have no choice here... I also dislike human personalities, since they are gross... So hermit it is then? :3

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 7:30 am

I went with one because that's what happened with my husband of 30 years. After I got to know him, I started to find things about him that were very attractive to me. Even to today, if any woman would EVER try to take him from me, I will %^&*#@ her face up. I adore him. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: