Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Sep 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,156
Location: Pennsylvania

12 Oct 2021, 7:36 pm

William Shatner goes to space at the age of 90 tomorrow.
Am I the only one who finds this exciting?


_________________
ADHD-I(diagnosed) ASD-HF(undiagnosed - maybe)
RDOS scores - Aspie score 131/200 - neurotypical score 69/200 - very likely Aspie


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,597
Location: Outter Quadrant

12 Oct 2021, 8:05 pm

It is very cool that the man that brought space into the living rooms of So many will finally make it to Space. i hope his age does not create any issues.
Hooray....! :D


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


GadgetGuru
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 9 Oct 2021
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 143
Location: Northern Nevada, USA

12 Oct 2021, 8:08 pm

Fenn wrote:
William Shatner goes to space at the age of 90 tomorrow.
Am I the only one who finds this exciting?


Image


_________________
Zen Objectivist, Iconoclastic conformist, Laser-focused dilettante, Skeptical psychonaut, Boy genius and stoopit man, Altitudinous observer of the Sturm und Drang, Still on the "suspectrum"...

Powered by digitally-augmented latent misanthropy.

"So-called mild Autism doesn't mean that the Autistic person experiences autism mildly. It means you experience their Autism mildly."


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,597
Location: Outter Quadrant

12 Oct 2021, 8:13 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLzzzzzzzzzzz very cute ....... :P


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Sep 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,156
Location: Pennsylvania

12 Oct 2021, 8:18 pm

Mary Wallace "Wally" Funk, was 84 when she went up with Blue Origin recently. Shatner doesn't look like he is in quite as good shape as her, but if his heart can take it I think he should be fine.
I hope Jeff Bezos plan to colonize space works - we could use more room and more resources.
If Bill Shatner goes up and comes home OK it will attract a lot or people's attention.
I spent hours looking for interviews yesterday when I first heard about it.
I was a bit embarrassed at the time I spent, but I am still really excited.

This is the plan:
Space Colonies - Gerard K. O’Neill


_________________
ADHD-I(diagnosed) ASD-HF(undiagnosed - maybe)
RDOS scores - Aspie score 131/200 - neurotypical score 69/200 - very likely Aspie


Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Sep 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,156
Location: Pennsylvania

12 Oct 2021, 8:20 pm

GadgetGuru - your meme made me laugh.


_________________
ADHD-I(diagnosed) ASD-HF(undiagnosed - maybe)
RDOS scores - Aspie score 131/200 - neurotypical score 69/200 - very likely Aspie


Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 21,309
Location: UK

12 Oct 2021, 8:43 pm

It will probably kill him, sorry to say. You've got to be very fit and able to tolerate high speeds and heights.

I once knew a 76-year-old woman who was fit and healthy for her age, and she decided to go skydiving to raise money for a charity. Not long after, she had a heart attack and died, and the doctors reckoned skydiving was the cause of her death, because no matter how fit and healthy she was it was still a shock to her system at her age.

But I don't know much about this Shatner guy and I can't be bothered to read up about him so you can prove me wrong if you like.


_________________
Female
Aged 31
On antidepressants
Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,159
Location: Stendec

13 Oct 2021, 8:22 am

I gotta bad feeling about this...
Image
... Captain Kirk is going into space with three "redshirts".

"What could possibly go wrong?" you may ask.  Well...

Image
... I dunno ... whaddaya think?



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,257
Location: Houston, Texas

13 Oct 2021, 8:26 am

Joe90 wrote:
It will probably kill him, sorry to say. You've got to be very fit and able to tolerate high speeds and heights.

I once knew a 76-year-old woman who was fit and healthy for her age, and she decided to go skydiving to raise money for a charity. Not long after, she had a heart attack and died, and the doctors reckoned skydiving was the cause of her death, because no matter how fit and healthy she was it was still a shock to her system at her age.

But I don't know much about this Shatner guy and I can't be bothered to read up about him so you can prove me wrong if you like.


You don't know much about Shatner?

Star Trek, T.J. Hooker, Rescue 911, Boston Legal, the Priceline commercials, S**t my Dad Says...


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,597
Location: Outter Quadrant

13 Oct 2021, 10:13 am

Fenn wrote:
Mary Wallace "Wally" Funk, was 84 when she went up with Blue Origin recently. Shatner doesn't look like he is in quite as good shape as her, but if his heart can take it I think he should be fine.
I hope Jeff Bezos plan to colonize space works - we could use more room and more resources.
If Bill Shatner goes up and comes home OK it will attract a lot or people's attention.
I spent hours looking for interviews yesterday when I first heard about it.
I was a bit embarrassed at the time I spent, but I am still really excited.

This is the plan:
Space Colonies - Gerard K. O’Neill


i can sense your excitement from your words .. it is a good thing for outter space progress .
Thank you for telling us about it.... :D :D :D :D . thank you for the link.


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 78,660
Location: Queens, NYC

13 Oct 2021, 10:19 am

I've always wanted to go into space!

I grew up when the Apollo missions to the Moon were happening. Supposedly, we were supposed to be on Mars by 1985. I'm disappointed it didn't happen that way.

I hope there's a "personed" mission to Mars in my lifetime.



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,597
Location: Outter Quadrant

13 Oct 2021, 10:21 am

Fnord wrote:
I gotta bad feeling about this...
Image
... Captain Kirk is going into space with three "redshirts".

"What could possibly go wrong?" you may ask.  Well...

Image
... I dunno ... whaddaya think?


The gave me a huge smile....... although not fond of anybody dying ...but it definitely reminded me
of that same dramatic effects used on Star Trek. :D :D :D


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,597
Location: Outter Quadrant

13 Oct 2021, 10:25 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I've always wanted to go into space!

I grew up when the Apollo missions to the Moon were happening. Supposedly, we were supposed to be on Mars by 1985. I'm disappointed it didn't happen that way.

I hope there's a "personed" mission to Mars in my lifetime.


can share your exact sentiments....... but i think our government got in the way after the moon shot.
After Werner Von Braun had been here a few years, i do believe those plans are/were in the works.?


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 78,660
Location: Queens, NYC

13 Oct 2021, 12:25 pm

John Glenn went up into space when he was in his late 70s. He survived to tell the tale.



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,257
Location: Houston, Texas

13 Oct 2021, 12:30 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
John Glenn went up into space when he was in his late 70s. He survived to tell the tale.


And while a sitting U.S. senator.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,597
Location: Outter Quadrant

13 Oct 2021, 12:40 pm

very impressive about John Glenn.


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are