The #MeToo movement has gone too far. I'm done!! !

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

DmitriNicholaev
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 28 Jan 2020
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 134

24 Dec 2021, 9:10 pm

I am so done.

So so bloody f*****g done with this abomination of a movement.

At 1st it started out with good intentions to help women who have experienced sexual abuse to feel uplifted and empowered to share their stories and not worry about gaslighting and denial from misogynists who like to deny rape victim suffering. In that regard im the biggest supporter of the #MeToo movement and used to support it when it led to the conversations on sexual harassment and rape that needed to happen in light of the string of scandals with high powerful men getting away with egregious behavior because of rape culture.

I and every feminist was fine with that

But now this abomination of a movement has overstayed its welcome and morphed into a Lynch mob to target, smear and destroy any man who's even accused of a sexual infraction, and god forbid if someone asks for evidence and makes a fair statement like "we need to look at all the facts before we come to a conclusion" OMG the Lynch mobs go after you and write articles calling you a sexist on The Atlantic, New York Times, Washington Post, etc. literal liberal media was ablaze and still is with pieces and op Eds arguing that asking for evidence for rape is sexist, so ubiquitous is this im not even going to bother to go through all of the articles ive read in the past 4 years making this point because its too many to even name. It suffices to present to you this hashtag that argues just that:

#BelieveAllWomen

Instead of "BelieveInFacts" or "LookAtTheEvidence", we get this abomination of a hashtag which literally subverts due process and says to automatically believe a claim of sexual harassment at total face value without even bothering to gather evidence and use due process

So why the rant in the Haven instead of PPR? Because this screed against #MeToo didn't come from nothing.

Just today I was falsely accused of sexual harassment, sexual innuendo, making inappropriate comments to females in my autism support group, and all of this was just alerted to me today after 3 weeks of being banned from my support group without any reason given to me at all - until today that is, where the reason for my sudden and permanent termination from my support group was none other than fabricated charges of sexual harassment, innuendo, and molesting that were so laughable and trollish that I would be laughing at this entire debacle were it not for the fact that im crying in depression for having my life so devalued and being so hated that im expelled from a support group permanently on false charges that not only are untrue, are so untrue that accusing me of working for the mafia would actually make more sense than any of the charges arraigned against me

But here is where my anger towards #MeToo comes in

I blame #MeToo 100% for this entire mess

100%

Why?

Because #MeToo is what normalized this idea that if a woman makes a single accusation against a guy, doesnt matter how unreasonable and untrue, we have to trust the claimant ipso facto and even mildly and reasonable investigation into the facts is tantamount to sexism and therefore we believe AllWomen and dont even bother doing an investigation into the facts and whether or not any of it is true

I was banned from my support group for 3 weeks. During those 3 weeks I was emailing the director everyday asking for why I was banned, to give me reasons as to why I was banned, to let me know my offense so I can appeal my innocence, because never ever in that support group did I ever disrespect a single person, never ever was I racist to anyone, never did I ever have a bad connection to anyone, ever, so for me to be suddenly banned by the support group when I felt excellent rapport and support from everyone felt so unusual I actually began to go crazy trying to imagine every minute offense down to not smiling one day as to a potential reason I was banned, because I genuinely had no idea what other reason I could have been banned. In those 3 weeks I received no answer to my queries and was left paranoid and anxious as to why I was banned and feeling like everyone just hates me for no reason

When I found out today why I was banned I legit became livid. To be banned on false charges of sexual harassment, molestation, sexual innuendoes and racism, all fabricated and BS, wasn't the part that got me the most mad. The part that got me the most mad was that in those 3 weeks when I was emailing the director everyday asking why I was banned never once did she notify me of any of these allegations against me, never once was there any inquiry on my part as to the validity or veracity of charges arraigned against me, never once did she even bother to let me know that there are claims against me as such; in other words all it took was a woman or clique of women who didnt like me for some reason (genuinely dont even know who because I never fought with anyone there) and once she or they made the claims against me my word wasn't even worth looking into: I was guilty by default as soon as the 1st allegation claimed I was a dirty racist and sex offender and the rest was history

This is why I detest #MeToo with a passion. In a fair society here's what should have happened: as soon as the 1st allegation against me was raised I would have been contacted by the director asking me if any of said claims were true, I would give me defense, an investigation would be done, and based off of the findings of the investigation a result would be decided based on the preponderance of evidence. Basically what we call due process.

Instead what actually happened was that I was accused, I was insta and permanently banned 3 weeks ago without any reason given or any chance to inquire as to why I was banned, and only today was I even alerted of my supposed offense, and because the director believed those charges against me she never even bothered to ask me for my side or if any of these claims were true; to add insult to injury she never even labeled these libels as "claims", she spoke assertively as if they were facts and gaslighted me telling me im a horrible sexist and racist and that she never wants to see my face ever again

If anyone asks me why I hate #MeToo with a bloody passion this is why!! !

God damn im so mad



League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,512
Location: Pacific Northwest

25 Dec 2021, 1:33 am

So sorry that happened, even people on the spectrum can be bad as people off the spectrum. Also seems like that one woman is bias against men. I wonder if someone secretly hated you so she made up lies about you and used her gender and the movement against you knowing that she will blindly be believed. I know how scary it is to get banned for no reason and not know what is going on because you don't know if there is some sort of conspiracy against you.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


DmitriNicholaev
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 28 Jan 2020
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 134

25 Dec 2021, 1:40 am

League_Girl wrote:
So sorry that happened, even people on the spectrum can be bad as people off the spectrum. Also seems like that one woman is bias against men. I wonder if someone secretly hated you so she made up lies about you and used her gender and the movement against you knowing that she will blindly be believed. I know how scary it is to get banned for no reason and not know what is going on because you don't know if there is some sort of conspiracy against you.


Thank you

Honestly I dont even know if it was 1 woman or more than 1 woman who lied about me, because the director did say I had a history of harassing and sexually attacking multiple women. Either multiple women banded together to character assassinate me or 1 woman with a hate towards me concocted an elaborate story. However the former seems more plausible because if it was only 1 woman lying about me the director would have still sought to corroborate her account with the other women I was accused of harassing, and and all it would take is one person to contradict the account to make me innocent. Most likely I can surmise it was multiple women, however I have no concrete evidence to say definitively either way who or how many women accused me



HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,909

25 Dec 2021, 2:46 am

That's awful Dmitri. Sorry you're going through all this :(

Like you, I have a lot of support for #MeToo in general. I do get tired of people hijacking it, though, or the phrases "toxic masculinity" and "male entitlement." There are toxic and entitled people--we should be targeting behaviors, not gender. I've been sexually harassed by a few women in my working career, and women are definitely as bad as men when it comes to these behaviors. I hope things get cleared up or you can find some other supports.

Great post, by the way. You have a good vocabulary and clear way of expressing yourself. You make most of the NTs I work with look like dumbasses.



hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,500
Location: Eyjafjallajökull

25 Dec 2021, 3:04 am

I empathise with you.

I wonder if you can take some comfort in the idea that instantly banning someone could be a protection to someone else in the long run if this happens to someone else.

Hear me out.

Unfortunately a lot of cases, way too many, were just ignored in the past and vulnerable people have been hurt.

Have you heard reports of that happening and been livid that no one took action sooner? I have.

It's really difficult to get a balance. Those with the responsibility of organising social activities for vulnerable people don't want to make the same mistakes as others have in the past, so they act immediately. They are scared that they will be the cause of someone getting hurt. They don't want to be like those people who messed up someone's life like they hear about on the news.

I don't know if stepping back and considering the current climate of fear of being like our last generation who didn't act effectively will help you find a little peace.

We are as society still finding the best way to deal with these types of things. It's really difficult to get it right.

However, you'd think they would respond to you! It's not fair to drop someone like a lead balloon and not explain why. Especially in an autism group when they should know they need to be clear on explanations and not just assume an autistic person understands.

Do you have an external person who can advocate for you? Someone who can mediate between you and the group?

A 3 week ban without explanation is pretty stupid if you had actually done something wrong. If they don't explain what the accused did wrong, they'll just do it again when they're unbanned. How stupid of them not to explain and work out a plan going forward. I'm angry for you!

It's Kafkaesque!



DmitriNicholaev
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 28 Jan 2020
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 134

25 Dec 2021, 3:29 am

hurtloam wrote:
I empathise with you.

I wonder if you can take some comfort in the idea that instantly banning someone could be a protection to someone else in the long run if this happens to someone else.

Hear me out.

Unfortunately a lot of cases, way too many, were just ignored in the past and vulnerable people have been hurt.

Have you heard reports of that happening and been livid that no one took action sooner? I have.

It's really difficult to get a balance. Those with the responsibility of organising social activities for vulnerable people don't want to make the same mistakes as others have in the past, so they act immediately. They are scared that they will be the cause of someone getting hurt. They don't want to be like those people who messed up someone's life like they hear about on the news.

I don't know if stepping back and considering the current climate of fear of being like our last generation who didn't act effectively will help you find a little peace.

We are as society still finding the best way to deal with these types of things. It's really difficult to get it right.

However, you'd think they would respond to you! It's not fair to drop someone like a lead balloon and not explain why. Especially in an autism group when they should know they need to be clear on explanations and not just assume an autistic person understands.

Do you have an external person who can advocate for you? Someone who can mediate between you and the group?

A 3 week ban without explanation is pretty stupid if you had actually done something wrong. If they don't explain what the accused did wrong, they'll just do it again when they're unbanned. How stupid of them not to explain and work out a plan going forward. I'm angry for you!

It's Kafkaesque!


I see your point and I'm not upset at you for helping me see that perspective

The issue I have though is I was banned instantly from false accusations without even an iota of recourse to defending myself or even representing myself - like not even once was I even confronted about these accusations until 3 weeks after I had been suddenly and inexplicably banned, to which I was told that I'm guilty of all of these offenses without any recourse to appealing my innocence. And even the explanation, as hurtful as it was to be gaslit and told I'm guilty for crimes I never did nor was I even asked about to defend myself, the explanation only came after 3 weeks of persistent emails to the director asking why I was suddenly kicked out the support group without any explanation or statement as to my offense.

And btw I wasn't banned for 3 weeks. I'm banned permanently. It just so happens that it took 3 weeks for the director to provide me an explanation as to my ban after asking persistently for 3 weeks for her warrant banning me. I can never come back. Even worse this director is in charge of multiple autism and mental health support groups and organizations and she unilaterally banned me permanently from them all on account of this libel

Kafkeasque indeed :evil: :evil: :evil:



hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,500
Location: Eyjafjallajökull

25 Dec 2021, 3:41 am

Oh that is bad. So unfair.

We really can't fix things as a society without communication.

Do you have anyone who can advocate on your behalf?



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 6,537
Location: In a square sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

25 Dec 2021, 11:23 pm

I have been exiled from a particular community associated with this forum, for being groomed for a whole year, having sex whilst socially underage (raped) as an Autistic, biological male, by an older, biological woman, who acts like an uber-powerful white male in all of his/hers actions.

It has gone on for 9 years, resulting in me having to go off of several social media channels.

Believe facts, believe evidence. If you #believeallwomen, you condemn innocent men to unthinkable, unimaginable emotional pain & suffering and being okay with that makes you a very disturbed individual.

The best you can do really is just feel sorry for these people. They have severe mental health issues. We are not talking about depression or anxiety or PTSD - but sociopathy/narcissism and sometimes even psychopathy. They live entirely in their own, deluded worlds & they are dangerous people when wielding power.

The evidence is overwhelming when people bother to think for a moment. She/he has questionably slept with another man-child in the Autism community & has another Autistic 'friend' who she/he is very cosy with and who adores him/her and who seemed to also be a man-child back in 2013 when I got banned from that place?

Why is this the case when she has a real life 'grown-up' husband?


_________________
Cultural Conservative, Economic Socialist.
Christian (LGBTQ+ affirming).
Abstract & critical thinker. 2nd wave feminist.
All humans are equal before God.
Freedom, is the sovereign right, of America.
On vacation


Last edited by blitzkrieg on 26 Dec 2021, 12:53 am, edited 8 times in total.

DmitriNicholaev
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 28 Jan 2020
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 134

25 Dec 2021, 11:31 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Oh that is bad. So unfair.

We really can't fix things as a society without communication.

Do you have anyone who can advocate on your behalf?


Ive tried calling multiple mental health advocates to help me, all of them said they cant do anything since she is the highest director in her organizations and she wields uncontested power over them. meaning when she wants me gone no one can intervene

which I cant stand



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 6,537
Location: In a square sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

25 Dec 2021, 11:39 pm

Some of the biological women in mental health support groups & Autism groups are basically 'minor attracted persons' who infiltrate these groups, exert control over their victims (convince them that they are valued) and if this fails - they then bully the victim into silence & present a false, outward image to their followers to suck up admiration to feed their narcissism.

It's usually a bit obvious when they are in a skilled profession that you wouldn't think an Autistic person would be capable of dealing with if you know, they had any serious neurological issues.


_________________
Cultural Conservative, Economic Socialist.
Christian (LGBTQ+ affirming).
Abstract & critical thinker. 2nd wave feminist.
All humans are equal before God.
Freedom, is the sovereign right, of America.
On vacation


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,737

25 Dec 2021, 11:59 pm

DmitriNicholaev wrote:
Just today I was falsely accused of sexual harassment, sexual innuendo, making inappropriate comments to females in my autism support group, and all of this was just alerted to me today after 3 weeks of being banned from my support group without any reason given to me at all - until today that is, where the reason for my sudden and permanent termination from my support group was none other than fabricated charges of sexual harassment, innuendo, and molesting that were so laughable and trollish that I would be laughing at this entire debacle were it not for the fact that im crying in depression for having my life so devalued and being so hated that im expelled from a support group permanently on false charges that not only are untrue, are so untrue that accusing me of working for the mafia would actually make more sense than any of the charges arraigned against me

To be banned on false charges of sexual harassment, molestation, sexual innuendoes and racism, all fabricated and BS, wasn't the part that got me the most mad. The part that got me the most mad was that in those 3 weeks when I was emailing the director everyday asking why I was banned never once did she notify me of any of these allegations against me, never once was there any inquiry on my part as to the validity or veracity of charges arraigned against me, never once did she even bother to let me know that there are claims against me as such; in other words all it took was a woman or clique of women who didnt like me for some reason (genuinely dont even know who because I never fought with anyone there) and once she or they made the claims against me my word wasn't even worth looking into: I was guilty by default as soon as the 1st allegation claimed I was a dirty racist and sex offender and the rest was history


I think you should try and defend yourself against the ban if you believe strongly you did nothing wrong.

But what has this got to do with #Meetoo?? Is it possible you really have just said/done innapropriate things? I agree with you the director should talk to you as simply banning without explanation isn't constructive.



DmitriNicholaev
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 28 Jan 2020
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 134

26 Dec 2021, 12:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
DmitriNicholaev wrote:
Just today I was falsely accused of sexual harassment, sexual innuendo, making inappropriate comments to females in my autism support group, and all of this was just alerted to me today after 3 weeks of being banned from my support group without any reason given to me at all - until today that is, where the reason for my sudden and permanent termination from my support group was none other than fabricated charges of sexual harassment, innuendo, and molesting that were so laughable and trollish that I would be laughing at this entire debacle were it not for the fact that im crying in depression for having my life so devalued and being so hated that im expelled from a support group permanently on false charges that not only are untrue, are so untrue that accusing me of working for the mafia would actually make more sense than any of the charges arraigned against me

To be banned on false charges of sexual harassment, molestation, sexual innuendoes and racism, all fabricated and BS, wasn't the part that got me the most mad. The part that got me the most mad was that in those 3 weeks when I was emailing the director everyday asking why I was banned never once did she notify me of any of these allegations against me, never once was there any inquiry on my part as to the validity or veracity of charges arraigned against me, never once did she even bother to let me know that there are claims against me as such; in other words all it took was a woman or clique of women who didnt like me for some reason (genuinely dont even know who because I never fought with anyone there) and once she or they made the claims against me my word wasn't even worth looking into: I was guilty by default as soon as the 1st allegation claimed I was a dirty racist and sex offender and the rest was history


I think you should try and defend yourself against the ban if you believe strongly you did nothing wrong.

But what has this got to do with #Meetoo?? Is it possible you really have just said/done innapropriate things? I agree with you the director should talk to you as simply banning without explanation isn't constructive.


Did you really just tell me that I may have said or done inappropriate things when reading everything I wrote it was kind of yucking obvious this entire scandal against me is maliciously fabricated? Are you seriously trying to gaslight me????

I dont like your tone of writing with me. I dont "believe" I didn't do wrong, I know I didnt do anything wrong.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,298
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

26 Dec 2021, 1:01 am

It's the freaking radical feminism, the sort of gross stuff you see on reddit.

Like its the feminists who think the movement is about women vs. men, but that is not what it's supposed to be. Those as*holes are just misrepresenting it...and to give an example of how ridiculous they are, they try to say sex positive feminism is wrong. Idk feminism is good, but what some people try to twist it into is not so good.

seriousy look at r/female dating strategy on reddit for an example of the gross radical feminism I am talking about. I won't even post in there because I would get an insta-ban anyways since I don't agree with them. But yeah feminism is supposed to be about equality not us vs. them. And it is like the radical feminists have lost sight of that.


_________________
We won't go back.


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,298
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

26 Dec 2021, 1:10 am

DmitriNicholaev wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
I empathise with you.

I wonder if you can take some comfort in the idea that instantly banning someone could be a protection to someone else in the long run if this happens to someone else.

Hear me out.

Unfortunately a lot of cases, way too many, were just ignored in the past and vulnerable people have been hurt.

Have you heard reports of that happening and been livid that no one took action sooner? I have.

It's really difficult to get a balance. Those with the responsibility of organising social activities for vulnerable people don't want to make the same mistakes as others have in the past, so they act immediately. They are scared that they will be the cause of someone getting hurt. They don't want to be like those people who messed up someone's life like they hear about on the news.

I don't know if stepping back and considering the current climate of fear of being like our last generation who didn't act effectively will help you find a little peace.

We are as society still finding the best way to deal with these types of things. It's really difficult to get it right.

However, you'd think they would respond to you! It's not fair to drop someone like a lead balloon and not explain why. Especially in an autism group when they should know they need to be clear on explanations and not just assume an autistic person understands.

Do you have an external person who can advocate for you? Someone who can mediate between you and the group?

A 3 week ban without explanation is pretty stupid if you had actually done something wrong. If they don't explain what the accused did wrong, they'll just do it again when they're unbanned. How stupid of them not to explain and work out a plan going forward. I'm angry for you!

It's Kafkaesque!


I see your point and I'm not upset at you for helping me see that perspective

The issue I have though is I was banned instantly from false accusations without even an iota of recourse to defending myself or even representing myself - like not even once was I even confronted about these accusations until 3 weeks after I had been suddenly and inexplicably banned, to which I was told that I'm guilty of all of these offenses without any recourse to appealing my innocence. And even the explanation, as hurtful as it was to be gaslit and told I'm guilty for crimes I never did nor was I even asked about to defend myself, the explanation only came after 3 weeks of persistent emails to the director asking why I was suddenly kicked out the support group without any explanation or statement as to my offense.

And btw I wasn't banned for 3 weeks. I'm banned permanently. It just so happens that it took 3 weeks for the director to provide me an explanation as to my ban after asking persistently for 3 weeks for her warrant banning me. I can never come back. Even worse this director is in charge of multiple autism and mental health support groups and organizations and she unilaterally banned me permanently from them all on account of this libel

Kafkeasque indeed :evil: :evil: :evil:



I mean that does seem kind of unfair, like they didn't even initially tell you, that you made anyone uncomfortable? Just banned you and wouldn't give a reason as to why? I mean sure maybe you did say something offensive, but maybe they could have just told you that and idk you could have apologized if you saw their point but sounds like they never actually talked to you about it and just assumed the worse...when maybe it was nothing more than, you just felt awkward and said a wrong thing.

That said could be worse, back when facebook still had forums I got banned I never did get an explanation, and I thought it was unfair cause a bunch of guys just kept bullying me on there when I got on to just meet other metalheads but those guys were jerks who thought being a metalhead was stupid. Does kind of feel like I got banned because it was easier that way than addressing the bullies. They broke site rules all the time to make fun of me and it was fine but yeah only when I tried to retaliate is when I was banned. But also f*ck facebook.


_________________
We won't go back.


Last edited by Sweetleaf on 26 Dec 2021, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

DmitriNicholaev
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 28 Jan 2020
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 134

26 Dec 2021, 1:16 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
DmitriNicholaev wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
I empathise with you.

I wonder if you can take some comfort in the idea that instantly banning someone could be a protection to someone else in the long run if this happens to someone else.

Hear me out.

Unfortunately a lot of cases, way too many, were just ignored in the past and vulnerable people have been hurt.

Have you heard reports of that happening and been livid that no one took action sooner? I have.

It's really difficult to get a balance. Those with the responsibility of organising social activities for vulnerable people don't want to make the same mistakes as others have in the past, so they act immediately. They are scared that they will be the cause of someone getting hurt. They don't want to be like those people who messed up someone's life like they hear about on the news.

I don't know if stepping back and considering the current climate of fear of being like our last generation who didn't act effectively will help you find a little peace.

We are as society still finding the best way to deal with these types of things. It's really difficult to get it right.

However, you'd think they would respond to you! It's not fair to drop someone like a lead balloon and not explain why. Especially in an autism group when they should know they need to be clear on explanations and not just assume an autistic person understands.

Do you have an external person who can advocate for you? Someone who can mediate between you and the group?

A 3 week ban without explanation is pretty stupid if you had actually done something wrong. If they don't explain what the accused did wrong, they'll just do it again when they're unbanned. How stupid of them not to explain and work out a plan going forward. I'm angry for you!

It's Kafkaesque!


I see your point and I'm not upset at you for helping me see that perspective

The issue I have though is I was banned instantly from false accusations without even an iota of recourse to defending myself or even representing myself - like not even once was I even confronted about these accusations until 3 weeks after I had been suddenly and inexplicably banned, to which I was told that I'm guilty of all of these offenses without any recourse to appealing my innocence. And even the explanation, as hurtful as it was to be gaslit and told I'm guilty for crimes I never did nor was I even asked about to defend myself, the explanation only came after 3 weeks of persistent emails to the director asking why I was suddenly kicked out the support group without any explanation or statement as to my offense.

And btw I wasn't banned for 3 weeks. I'm banned permanently. It just so happens that it took 3 weeks for the director to provide me an explanation as to my ban after asking persistently for 3 weeks for her warrant banning me. I can never come back. Even worse this director is in charge of multiple autism and mental health support groups and organizations and she unilaterally banned me permanently from them all on account of this libel

Kafkeasque indeed :evil: :evil: :evil:



I mean that does seem kind of unfair, like they didn't even initially tell you, that you made anyone uncomfortable? Just banned you and wouldn't give a reason as to why? I mean sure maybe you did say something offensive, but maybe they could have just told you that and idk you could have apologized if you saw their point but sounds like they never actually talked to you about it and just assumed the worse...when maybe it was nothing more than, you just felt awkward and said a wrong thing.


I said nothing on that support group offensive. because in that support group I was the quiet one who rarely even spoke to begin with. I had great rapport and was kind and polite to everyone, but I rarely spoke and was struggling to speak 99% of the times, making this entire ordeal even more unfair



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,298
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

26 Dec 2021, 1:32 am

DmitriNicholaev wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
DmitriNicholaev wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
I empathise with you.

I wonder if you can take some comfort in the idea that instantly banning someone could be a protection to someone else in the long run if this happens to someone else.

Hear me out.

Unfortunately a lot of cases, way too many, were just ignored in the past and vulnerable people have been hurt.

Have you heard reports of that happening and been livid that no one took action sooner? I have.

It's really difficult to get a balance. Those with the responsibility of organising social activities for vulnerable people don't want to make the same mistakes as others have in the past, so they act immediately. They are scared that they will be the cause of someone getting hurt. They don't want to be like those people who messed up someone's life like they hear about on the news.

I don't know if stepping back and considering the current climate of fear of being like our last generation who didn't act effectively will help you find a little peace.

We are as society still finding the best way to deal with these types of things. It's really difficult to get it right.

However, you'd think they would respond to you! It's not fair to drop someone like a lead balloon and not explain why. Especially in an autism group when they should know they need to be clear on explanations and not just assume an autistic person understands.

Do you have an external person who can advocate for you? Someone who can mediate between you and the group?

A 3 week ban without explanation is pretty stupid if you had actually done something wrong. If they don't explain what the accused did wrong, they'll just do it again when they're unbanned. How stupid of them not to explain and work out a plan going forward. I'm angry for you!

It's Kafkaesque!


I see your point and I'm not upset at you for helping me see that perspective

The issue I have though is I was banned instantly from false accusations without even an iota of recourse to defending myself or even representing myself - like not even once was I even confronted about these accusations until 3 weeks after I had been suddenly and inexplicably banned, to which I was told that I'm guilty of all of these offenses without any recourse to appealing my innocence. And even the explanation, as hurtful as it was to be gaslit and told I'm guilty for crimes I never did nor was I even asked about to defend myself, the explanation only came after 3 weeks of persistent emails to the director asking why I was suddenly kicked out the support group without any explanation or statement as to my offense.

And btw I wasn't banned for 3 weeks. I'm banned permanently. It just so happens that it took 3 weeks for the director to provide me an explanation as to my ban after asking persistently for 3 weeks for her warrant banning me. I can never come back. Even worse this director is in charge of multiple autism and mental health support groups and organizations and she unilaterally banned me permanently from them all on account of this libel

Kafkeasque indeed :evil: :evil: :evil:



I mean that does seem kind of unfair, like they didn't even initially tell you, that you made anyone uncomfortable? Just banned you and wouldn't give a reason as to why? I mean sure maybe you did say something offensive, but maybe they could have just told you that and idk you could have apologized if you saw their point but sounds like they never actually talked to you about it and just assumed the worse...when maybe it was nothing more than, you just felt awkward and said a wrong thing.


I said nothing on that support group offensive. because in that support group I was the quiet one who rarely even spoke to begin with. I had great rapport and was kind and polite to everyone, but I rarely spoke and was struggling to speak 99% of the times, making this entire ordeal even more unfair


Yeah that is rough, but the crappy thing is you may have said something that bothered someone without meaning it offensively, but if they never mentioned it and you never intended to offend someone , like that is sh*tty to deal with, when they won't even say what bothered them. So you don't really have a way to even apologize because you don't even know what they got offended by.


_________________
We won't go back.