Competing against taller guys?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Would
No many women might prefer men who are 5ft10/5ft11 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Yes some women would refuse to date a man under 6ft 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Women don’t care either way 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 9

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,678
Location: Near London United Kingdom

05 Jan 2022, 3:05 pm

Would men who are 5ft10 or 5ft11 face height prejudice/discrimination from women when competing against taller guys like 6ft-6ft5 range?



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,199
Location: Stendec

05 Jan 2022, 3:10 pm

Another height-related thread, Jamesy?  Why not just "bump" one of your previous ones?



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1932
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,952
Location: wales

05 Jan 2022, 3:13 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Would men who are 5ft10 or 5ft11 face height prejudice/discrimination from women when competing against taller guys like 6ft-6ft5 range?


Not if you have a chainsaw with you at all times.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,678
Location: Near London United Kingdom

05 Jan 2022, 3:13 pm

Fnord wrote:
Another height-related thread, Jamesy?  Why not just "bump" one of your previous ones?



Like i have said before I lose track of my threads sometimes



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,678
Location: Near London United Kingdom

05 Jan 2022, 3:14 pm

Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Would men who are 5ft10 or 5ft11 face height prejudice/discrimination from women when competing against taller guys like 6ft-6ft5 range?


Not if you have a chainsaw with you at all times.


What’s that’s supposed to mean lol?



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,199
Location: Stendec

05 Jan 2022, 3:28 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Another height-related thread, Jamesy?  Why not just "bump" one of your previous ones?
Like i have said before I lose track of my threads sometimes
Then how do you know you have said it before?



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,678
Location: Near London United Kingdom

05 Jan 2022, 3:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Another height-related thread, Jamesy?  Why not just "bump" one of your previous ones?
Like i have said before I lose track of my threads sometimes
Then how do you know you have said it before?



Well this topic is kind of new.

Basically I am just debating if a 5ft10 would be at a disadvantage against a 6ft4 guy



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 86,962
Location: Queens, NYC

05 Jan 2022, 3:51 pm

I would say probably not, in most cases.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 53,181

05 Jan 2022, 4:50 pm

Depends which guy is a bigger jerk. If either.



Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2014
Age: 123
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 32,649
Location: Out of my mind

05 Jan 2022, 5:16 pm

Depends on how superficial the woman is.
If that were the only criteria
"Must be freakishly tall"
Then I guess shorter guys would be disadvantaged.


_________________
It's like I'm sleepwalking


Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 Mar 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 710

05 Jan 2022, 5:58 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Would men who are 5ft10 or 5ft11 face height prejudice/discrimination from women when competing against taller guys like 6ft-6ft5 range?


No, not at all.

Height is a factor for girls BUT at 5 ft 11, 5 ft 10, you wouldn't face any discrimination whatsoever for your height. At 5 ft 10, you are clearly average height and 5 inches taller than the average woman. If you're being rejected by girls for your height, it's only a very small percentage of women doing so.

Let's put it this way, if you're 5 ft 10 and struggling with girls, it's not because of your height. Maybe you're fat, maybe you're ugly, maybe you're socially awkward, maybe you're going after hot girls when you yourself have nothing to offer. But at 5 ft 10, it's not because of your height, so don't bring it up.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,678
Location: Near London United Kingdom

05 Jan 2022, 6:18 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Would men who are 5ft10 or 5ft11 face height prejudice/discrimination from women when competing against taller guys like 6ft-6ft5 range?


No, not at all.

Height is a factor for girls BUT at 5 ft 11, 5 ft 10, you wouldn't face any discrimination whatsoever for your height. At 5 ft 10, you are clearly average height and 5 inches taller than the average woman. If you're being rejected by girls for your height, it's only a very small percentage of women doing so.

Let's put it this way, if you're 5 ft 10 and struggling with girls, it's not because of your height. Maybe you're fat, maybe you're ugly, maybe you're socially awkward, maybe you're going after hot girls when you yourself have nothing to offer. But at 5 ft 10, it's not because of your height, so don't bring it up.



I am barely 5ft8 myself



Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 Mar 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 710

05 Jan 2022, 6:23 pm

I'm not going to pretend that short height can be a disadvantage in dating, because it can be. But height is just one factor of many that determines how romantically/sexually successful you will become. Shortness in itself doesn't doom you to a life of being "foreveralone". If you're a short man that's struggling with women, most likely your height isn't the only reason you're struggling, rather it's a combination of factors.

For instance, Iv'e known plenty of men under 5 ft 8 who had no problems with women and they went on to have relatively normal dating lives and eventually get married. On the other hand, I've also known short men who completely suck with women and for these men, their height wasn't the only issue.


I knew a guy back from high school who was about 5 ft 5 and he didn't struggle with girls whatsoever. Why? For one thing, he was facially handsome and had a pretty good body, he was just short. He was also fairly smart, and didn't appear to suffer from any disability that might hurt his chances. All in all, the only apparent flaw was his height. We were Facebook friends and after graduating from high school, he had several different girlfriends who were all decently attractive and the last time I checked him out, he was engaged. So clearly, his height never affected his romantic prospects and if it did, he was able to overcome them relatively easily.


Now let's go to a short man I know who is completely terrible with women. Not only was he short, he was skinny, socially awkward, and was autistic, and came off as an awkward nerd to most women he met. I feel bad because he definitely expressed a desire to date but women, as if they had a sixth sense, would meet him and tell that something was off and friendzone him fairly quick. For someone like him, his height isn't the reason he's single. Don't get me wrong, it certainly doesn't help, but he's single because of all of the factors added together.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,678
Location: Near London United Kingdom

05 Jan 2022, 6:49 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
I'm not going to pretend that short height can be a disadvantage in dating, because it can be. But height is just one factor of many that determines how romantically/sexually successful you will become. Shortness in itself doesn't doom you to a life of being "foreveralone". If you're a short man that's struggling with women, most likely your height isn't the only reason you're struggling, rather it's a combination of factors.

For instance, Iv'e known plenty of men under 5 ft 8 who had no problems with women and they went on to have relatively normal dating lives and eventually get married. On the other hand, I've also known short men who completely suck with women and for these men, their height wasn't the only issue.


I knew a guy back from high school who was about 5 ft 5 and he didn't struggle with girls whatsoever. Why? For one thing, he was facially handsome and had a pretty good body, he was just short. He was also fairly smart, and didn't appear to suffer from any disability that might hurt his chances. All in all, the only apparent flaw was his height. We were Facebook friends and after graduating from high school, he had several different girlfriends who were all decently attractive and the last time I checked him out, he was engaged. So clearly, his height never affected his romantic prospects and if it did, he was able to overcome them relatively easily.


Now let's go to a short man I know who is completely terrible with women. Not only was he short, he was skinny, socially awkward, and was autistic, and came off as an awkward nerd to most women he met. I feel bad because he definitely expressed a desire to date but women, as if they had a sixth sense, would meet him and tell that something was off and friendzone him fairly quick. For someone like him, his height isn't the reason he's single. Don't get me wrong, it certainly doesn't help, but he's single because of all of the factors added together.



I think short guys should hit the gym. Besides we fill out quicker with muscle compared to tall guys



theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2021
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,431
Location: Britain

05 Jan 2022, 7:43 pm

Déjà vu!


_________________
AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)


Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,678
Location: Near London United Kingdom

05 Jan 2022, 8:00 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Déjà vu!



Yeah sometimes I don’t realise that my threads are repetitive