Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Toucan
Toucan

22 Mar 2022, 7:23 pm

Everywhere I go people laugh at me. Especially teenagers.

I just mind my business when I'm out and about. Maybe it's because I stim a lot. I like to rock back and forth when I'm sitting. It calms me. I also like to spin in circles. It soothes me and makes me feel euphoric. I dont understand why most people dont do it. I just feel like I'm doing the wrong thing when I'm out. The worst is when I wandered off from my support worker and these teen girls started laughing at me for wearing a diaper. That was a bad day. I have to wear one because I have sensory issues and my parents dont want me to use the washroom by myself because I sometimes smear. That's an embarrassing thing to deal with.

Sometimes people laugh when I talk to them. I tried to convert some of my sisters friends to my religion and they burst into laughter. Another time I burst into tears on the bus because I was overwhelmed and someone was laughing. Maybe I made them uncomfortable.

I seem to make people feel uncomfortable all the time.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 2:17 pm

I think, unfortunately, they are laughing because you're rocking or spinning round in public. It's daft that people laugh though, as I think the public should be more educated about autism and should make visible behaviours of autism more normalised. Whenever I see a person who has autism, or Tourette's, or dementia, or intellectual disability, or anything else that can make a person seem different to what's expected, I don't laugh or even stare. I just know that they have some sort of neurological condition that they can't help, and if they have a carer with them then it's even more obvious that they just need support.

They say NTs have empathy, but if they did then they wouldn't laugh out loud at someone. It seems the word "autistic" describes them more than it does us, because of the way they can't cope with people who aren't like themselves, can't put themselves in our shoes, and are unable to understand our feelings or react appropriately. Even if they do think it's funny they should at least hide it.

Unfortunately people are afraid of adults in diapers. I am a bit but of those perfectly capable adults who choose to live like a baby. It's just creepy. But adults that require diapers like you aren't creepy and I'm not afraid of them.

I used to get laughed at in public...even though I never stimmed or wore diapers, I'd just be walking along looking "normal" and then teenagers would just randomly laugh at me. I once had a teenage girl who literally pointed at me as I was going by and laughed loudly. I still can't figure out why.

Diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety and mild ASD

I don't like autism being mentioned to me as I'm partly in denial.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 3:08 pm

I don't mind if peeps laugh at me

at least I made them smile today xx

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 3:14 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I think, unfortunately, they are laughing because you're rocking or spinning round in public. It's daft that people laugh though, as I think the public should be more educated about autism and should make visible behaviours of autism more normalised. Whenever I see a person who has autism, or Tourette's, or dementia, or intellectual disability, or anything else that can make a person seem different to what's expected, I don't laugh or even stare. I just know that they have some sort of neurological condition that they can't help, and if they have a carer with them then it's even more obvious that they just need support.

They say NTs have empathy, but if they did then they wouldn't laugh out loud at someone. It seems the word "autistic" describes them more than it does us, because of the way they can't cope with people who aren't like themselves, can't put themselves in our shoes, and are unable to understand our feelings or react appropriately. Even if they do think it's funny they should at least hide it.

Unfortunately people are afraid of adults in diapers. I am a bit but of those perfectly capable adults who choose to live like a baby. It's just creepy. But adults that require diapers like you aren't creepy and I'm not afraid of them.

I used to get laughed at in public...even though I never stimmed or wore diapers, I'd just be walking along looking "normal" and then teenagers would just randomly laugh at me. I once had a teenage girl who literally pointed at me as I was going by and laughed loudly. I still can't figure out why.

they were an idiot?
:?:

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 3:16 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
Everywhere I go people laugh at me. Especially teenagers.

I just mind my business when I'm out and about. Maybe it's because I stim a lot. I like to rock back and forth when I'm sitting. It calms me. I also like to spin in circles. It soothes me and makes me feel euphoric. I dont understand why most people dont do it. I just feel like I'm doing the wrong thing when I'm out. The worst is when I wandered off from my support worker and these teen girls started laughing at me for wearing a diaper. That was a bad day. I have to wear one because I have sensory issues and my parents dont want me to use the washroom by myself because I sometimes smear. That's an embarrassing thing to deal with.

Sometimes people laugh when I talk to them. I tried to convert some of my sisters friends to my religion and they burst into laughter. Another time I burst into tears on the bus because I was overwhelmed and someone was laughing. Maybe I made them uncomfortable.

I seem to make people feel uncomfortable all the time.

I like spinng too

movement soothes me

you can't help needing a diaper...

its ok sweet heart...it really is

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 5:15 pm

you can't please everybody [often not even anybody] so you got to please yourself.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 5:54 pm

People stare and laugh at me, too, and I have no idea why. At the store the other day some people were staring at me and looked amused, it made me really uncomfortable.

I like playing video games, watching cartoons and anime, reading, and cooking.

I also have a rabbit, and enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 6:12 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
People stare and laugh at me, too, and I have no idea why. At the store the other day some people were staring at me and looked amused, it made me really uncomfortable.

keep in mind that those people likely are stupid.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2022, 7:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I feel like someone definitely has to be stupid to think that staring at strangers is acceptable. :lol:

I like playing video games, watching cartoons and anime, reading, and cooking.

I also have a rabbit, and enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

Crystal1414
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2022, 7:33 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I feel like someone definitely has to be stupid to think that staring at strangers is acceptable. :lol:

I agree with that.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 6:24 am

Saying "people who laugh at you are stupid/it's their problem not your's" never helps me deal with being laughed at. Nobody really likes being laughed at. It isn't very nice and can'l destroy your self-esteem.

I feel inferior to most people. And I probably am, because I'm at the bottom of the social whatever-it's-called. So it's easier to feel upset when you are judged by other humans.

When I go out in public I like I feel that I belong, that I'm another human, and I do not wish to be the figure of ridicule. I want respect.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 7:28 am

But people who laugh at you ARE stupid.....you're giving them the victory by being upset about them laughing at you.

When you realize that you are not inferior to other people, you will do better.

You really don't know if those who are laughing at you ARE superior to you.

And anyway......I've noticed that there are times when I thought someone was laughing at me----when they actually weren't. Yes, that's happened to me. My own suspicious feelings got in the way of me knowing what was real at that moment.

I know I'm not going to convince you.....but I just thought I'd say my piece.

My intention is not to "invalidate" your feelings or whatever. It's to tell you the truth as I see it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 12:11 pm

^
I know what you're trying to say but I cannot just ignore people laughing at me. Well, I do ignore them by not reacting, but inside I feel really mad. I think it stems back from my high school days when random kids would just do randomly target me just to get my attention, for cheap laughs (and they weren't boys that liked me, they were mostly girls). At the time I did just ignore it and think they were just stupid, but really the resentment built up and now whenever it happens to me in adulthood it's like it comes back to haunt me or something. It's like I'm suffering from a PTSD or something similar. Not that I really get people laughing at me any more but if it does happen it makes me mad.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 5:06 pm

^^if i was fortunate enough to have a mate who loved me unconditionally, i wouldn't give a GGD about what stupid laughing hyenas in public do to me so long as they keep their cotton-pickin' distance from me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 8:53 am

People just laugh when they find something funny. I laugh at everything so to be honest I'd probably laugh at you too if I saw you come spinning towards me but that's just because I'm really childish when it comes to things like that.

I also like spinning so that's another reason why I would find you funny as well because you might remind me of me.

I can remember getting laughed at when I was younger because I used to always be jumping.