Biden wants to whitelist the Iranian Revolutionary Guards

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 3:10 am

As I always expected, a Democrat US president = bad news for the Middle East.

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/pol ... s-fto-list

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Mar 2022, 4:46 am

Do you think Dems completely misunderstand Middle East or is it something else in your opinion?

Quote:
The Afghanistan withdrawal and other recent actions have left local leaders concerned that Washington is leaving them to fend for themselves on problems such as Iran’s malign regional activities.
I still don't understand the reasoning behind Afghanistan withdrawal - what's the fundamental difference between Afghanistan and Korea?
My pessimistic opinion is: USA has vital interest in Pacific but not in Central Asia :(

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 7:14 am

magz wrote:
Do you think Dems completely misunderstand Middle East or is it something else in your opinion?
Quote:
The Afghanistan withdrawal and other recent actions have left local leaders concerned that Washington is leaving them to fend for themselves on problems such as Iran’s malign regional activities.
I still don't understand the reasoning behind Afghanistan withdrawal - what's the fundamental difference between Afghanistan and Korea?
My pessimistic opinion is: USA has vital interest in Pacific but not in Central Asia :(

Dems have a long history of not admitting they ( current Dems or previous ones ) have ever been wrong. Jimmy Carter was responsible for the Ayatollah Khomeini taking over Iran ( one of JC’s closest advisors called him a “saint” ) turning Iran from a progressive country to one of the most retard countries in the world in an overnight.
Obama went all in by supporting, buying off, etc Iran. Iran has been the most active international supporter of terrorism ( with a range throughout the Mideast all the way to Washington DC and Argentina.). Obama went all in by sympathizing with the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt who were on the verge on turning Egypt into another Taliban country, not even the pyramids would have survived from this dark islamist rule. Check the women’s status there today compared to the Morsi’s time, and tell me if the Dems were right on siding with the «democratly » elected MB president.

However, terrorism is less transparent than many evil things not shown up by the Mainstream Press. Thus, the murder of Khashoggi, while heinous, has gotten a much bigger media attention (mostly owned by Dems) than the various things the Iranians have done. When Obama did nothing to support the nascent revolution against the mullahs in 2009, there was not much attention paid in the American media. When mobs in Iran call for Death to the Big Satan, it is discounted as hyperbole.

Now that the Democrats can tag the Reps with being “close” to the Saudis and Gulf states, that naturally makes them prefer Iran to SA/Gulf. Now that the Gulf seem to be aligning with Israel and other Western-friendly ( at least “more friendly” ) Muslim countries, the Dems find that a reason to disapprove of the current foreign policy. While women and homosexuals have gone from bad status in SA/Gulf to better while women have been better off BEFORE the mullahs’ revolution in 1979, the focus is on what their status has long been. Also, the Gulf Arabs are more open to American press and, thus, like China, Iran gets away with many things not reported.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Mar 2022, 7:35 am

Looks a bit like Dems support their eponymous democracy while deeply in denial about what democratic elections can cause in non-democratic societes... Saudi Arabia, while completely off Western standards, seems stable and safe for the region. I'm also impressed by Turkey, totally non-democracy, but having for their neighbours: EU, Russia, Georgia, Armenia, Iran, Iraq and Syria - I'm impressed with how they balance to keep peace.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 8:07 am

Turkey played it smart in WW2.