Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2022, 5:57 pm

I was out with a friend of mine, we just went for coffee and another girl that was supposed to meet and take the girl who don't drive home. I had to do so and its a few miles out of town, which don't bother me too much as it was still day light out and she gave me a few bucks for gas money. I was going 5mph under the speed limit in a no passing zone, as I was watching out for deer and it's on back rounds I don't normally drive so I was trying to pay attention to where I was going. I had two huge log trucks behind me and the guy started laying on his horn, and tail gating me. There was nowhere to pull over safely, so they passed me in a almost reckless way that seemed a good way to cause a crash. I was trying to stay calm with how they were driving so aggressively and told my friend to let me focus a time or two. I was afraid I was gonna have a anxiety attack, and when I dropped her off I needed to sit for a little while to calm down. Am I really such a bad driver or were those truck drivers being reckless

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 6:51 pm

The truck drivers were reckless.

You may be a slow and careful driver, but the last thing a driver behind a slow vehicle should do is honk and flash lights and give finger signs. All things that make the driver in front more nervous and anxious.

Where I live there are LOTS of crazy, impatient drivers that go zooming around, passing in unsafe locations. There is a two-lane road not far from me that regularly racks up fatalities due to this crazy driving.

Take care. Breath deeply. It was smart of you to let yourself calm down after dropping off your friend.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 3:48 pm

I definitely agree with Blazingstar.

ThisTimelessMoment
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2022, 3:58 am

Large pushy lorries are very scary. I have had this happen quite a few times.
Well done for realising you needed to take a moment to relax before continuing.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2022, 8:21 am

Nah, not a bad driver at all. I agree, you just found yourself dealing with reckless, impatient, and aggressive drivers behind you. And it was a good call on your end to take some time to calm down after that. Sorry you had that happen. I imagine it was very stressful, but I do think you handled it well.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2022, 8:33 pm

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.