Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 2:27 pm

Hi:

Being that my boyfriend and I do are date nights in, I would like some ideas while we are at home.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 3:44 pm

Listening to music

Watching TV

Cooking some food together, if he's so inclined

If you're both DIY-ers, fixing stuff around the house

Just sit around and talk

Take a walk nearby the house or apartment----especially if it's scenic around there

Take a walk to get some "takeout" food

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 7:00 am

board games, video games together, "truth or dare" ask each other questions and agree to answer regardless of discomfort, do a project together, a craft, make art, cook together, read aloud to each other or listen to books on tape, give each other massages, have a picnic on the floor or on your bed or sofa. teach each other something about an interest ( use a timer and take turns) Take an online class together. body painting, clean and detail the car, power clean one room or part of one room and order out afterward, Paint a room or a mural, Play your favorite movie and dance up a storm. Turn out all the lights and light candles, tell ghost stories.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 1:34 pm

It occurs to me that I have almost never been in this sort of traditional "dating" arrangement in which I and the other person went on dates such that some sort of planned activity was needed. I was in one such situation and the young lady in question complained that our time spent together was not sufficiently "entertaining" however she eventually admitted that her interest in me was mostly physical, implying that her dissatisfaction was in fact due to a wish for a more "solid basis" for the relationship apart from the "physical". Long story.

Anyway, in consideration of what I just said, I wanted to post some sort of reply but those thoughts led to my starting this thread: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=405246. Anyway, my first thought concerning your situation (you and your boyfriend clearly like each other and like to be together) is that you should maybe just get married, or at least plan to move in together, with the intention of getting married as soon as you can arrange it. Unless you have a good argument for why you shouldn't get married. I'll bet you don't have a good argument, but maybe you've gotten used to living on your own so the idea hasn't yet occurred to you.