Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2015
Posts: 232

27 May 2022, 12:06 am

Anyone else here a fan? I love it, its like SNES but cd-quality music.


_________________
Think I'm bad? My friends are worse.


klanka
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 31 Mar 2022
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,240
Location: Cardiff, Wales

27 May 2022, 2:40 am

I never tried it but the reviews were always good. Seemed like it was made for shooters.

Any reccomendations?



SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,472
Location: Michigan

31 May 2022, 9:01 pm

It's actually closer to the Genesis, and I've heard that in Japan, it was PC Engine vs. Super Famicom as the top two.

I never got to play one growing up, so I didn't have a lot of familiarity with the console until emulation...and even then, I haven't played a lot of the games.
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood is probably the one I've played the most of.
I need to get back into the Ys games.

I wanted to get a console for myself, but I think that ship has sailed...prices are way out of my budget these days. So I'll just stick with emulating it on the Wii.


_________________
he had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say
we'll miss him


Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2015
Posts: 232

08 Jun 2022, 9:11 pm

klanka wrote:
I never tried it but the reviews were always good. Seemed like it was made for shooters.

Any reccomendations?

My favorites are
Kaizou Chounin Shubibinman 3

Cosmic fantasy 2

Ys 3

Galaxy sapphire

Valis 1-4


_________________
Think I'm bad? My friends are worse.


Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2015
Posts: 232

08 Jun 2022, 9:14 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
It's actually closer to the Genesis, and I've heard that in Japan, it was PC Engine vs. Super Famicom as the top two.

I never got to play one growing up, so I didn't have a lot of familiarity with the console until emulation...and even then, I haven't played a lot of the games.
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood is probably the one I've played the most of.
I need to get back into the Ys games.

I wanted to get a console for myself, but I think that ship has sailed...prices are way out of my budget these days. So I'll just stick with emulating it on the Wii.

If you look on Etsy there's a seller that offers 3d printer files for a PC engine styled case for the Pi zero 2. I have the files and a pi zero 2, need to get the case printed and buy the 8bitdo PC engine mini controller.


_________________
Think I'm bad? My friends are worse.


r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,453
Location: Virginia

09 Jun 2022, 4:05 am

Cyber City Oedo 808 on PC Engine CD... Shame there is no English version. A fan patch may materialize someday...


Image

I'm a huge fan of the cyberpunk anime by the same name, it's from the studio and an era (late 80s to very early 90s) of very daring adult-oriented anime, with really polished futuristic backdrops, satisfying gore, daring sexuality, and pretty but not cutesy characters (important!).
Goku Midnight Eye and Wicked City were made by some of the same people around the same time, carrying the same style.


_________________
I've reached the end.


SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,472
Location: Michigan

09 Jun 2022, 12:54 pm

Relax_on_Standby wrote:
If you look on Etsy there's a seller that offers 3d printer files for a PC engine styled case for the Pi zero 2. I have the files and a pi zero 2, need to get the case printed and buy the 8bitdo PC engine mini controller.

Nah, I can just emulate it on the Wii =)
I was actually playing a little Bonk's Adventure earlier today.


_________________
he had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say
we'll miss him


klanka
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 31 Mar 2022
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,240
Location: Cardiff, Wales

09 Jun 2022, 3:09 pm

Relax_on_Standby wrote:
klanka wrote:
I never tried it but the reviews were always good. Seemed like it was made for shooters.

Any reccomendations?

My favorites are
Kaizou Chounin Shubibinman 3

Cosmic fantasy 2

Ys 3

Galaxy sapphire

Valis 1-4

thanks