Camera glitch 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Undecided 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 1:30 am

The Nazca lines can be viewed from a 43 foot (13 meter) tower. Because of that they're not really that big of a mystery to me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 3:45 am

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
All you can do is examine claims one at a time. I read many experts demolish the Nazca lines as being airports for alien space shuttles for example.

I agree, (one at a time) but it doesn't help when people who propose new ideas are simply labeled "nutjobs" e.g. Graeme Hancock. When their ideas turn out to be correct the same people who did the labelling quietly pretend nothing happened.

This is what's happened in the case of UFOs. Did you know many people have committed suicide over experiences like alien abduction. Perhaps if they weren't stigmatised they might not have chosen to jump off a bridge.

The Nazca lines have been studied for decades now. The archaeologists who are deemed the experts will write books on the topic are actually no closer to knowing what their purpose was than when they were first studied.

One interesting fact is that the lines appear to be mean't to be seen from the sky. We know this because the same creators of these lines also created similar images on cliff sides on the coast of Chile that can only be seen by ships at sea who are a mile or 2 from the coast. If you stand next to the lines on the beach the images can't be interpreted.

Yeah, yeah,yeah.
Like I said...ive read about and thought about the Nazca lines for fifty years. A lady featured in National Geographic who lives there as a caretaker for lines laughs, and points out that the supposed ancient airport "runway" is made of mud and that "airliners would get stuck in it".

People around the world create ritual pathways on the ground that form images that can only be seen from above.

A friend of my parents gave me a thick book about the Nazca region Indians. The opening chapter was a great read- the author hikes with his local companions to a thigh ridge of the Andes, than around the campfire at night the locals point out all of the constellations in the sky -the monkey- the tarantula- the hummingbird-etc (the same things depicted in the Nazca lines). Showed how the whole thing is rooted in the local folklore and culture. Aliens not needed.

The rest of the book was a hard read, and I never finnished it. Because...it was true stuff ...about the daily lives of the local Indians. Reality is a lot more boring than escapist crap about "ancient aliens". :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 4:23 am

[quote="Matrix Glitch"]The Nazca lines can be viewed from a 43 foot (13 meter) tower. Because of that they're not really that big of a mystery to me.

Yes because Nazca is dotted with 43 foot towers :lol:

I think the only way the line makers could have a chance to view their work is to stand on higher ground, but the land is quite flat for the most part and a number of the patterns have been created on top of elevated land area where there is no opportunity to view their handiwork.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 5:10 am

naturalplastic wrote:
A lady featured in National Geographic who lives there as a caretaker for lines laughs, and points out that the supposed ancient airport "runway" is made of mud and that "airliners would get stuck in it".

This actually illustrates my point about deliberately putting on blinkers. People seem to be proud to be skeptics against alien life visiting earth fall into the trap of being arrogant in their confidence, I also don't believe (No I'm not Fox Mulder) but that doesn't mean I won't open that door.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 5:26 am

naturalplastic wrote:
A friend of my parents gave me a thick book about the Nazca region Indians. The opening chapter was a great read- the author hikes with his local companions to a thigh ridge of the Andes, than around the campfire at night the locals point out all of the constellations in the sky -the monkey- the tarantula- the hummingbird-etc (the same things depicted in the Nazca lines). Showed how the whole thing is rooted in the local folklore and culture. Aliens not needed.

Yes a number of ancient cultures around the world were most obsessed with star constellations. The Nazcans are by no means unique in that sense. I don't need to rattle off how Gobleke Tepe, Gaza, Machu Picchu and literally hundreds of other ancient sites are aligned with specific star constellations or why Indian farmers plant crops when a particular star appears in the sky or why the Dogon tribe worship a particular star that can' be seen without a modern telescope,

What further interesting is these cultures all have sky gods who dwell in the stars who came to earth and taught mankind how to live.

So the book you are referring to covers a topic we are all versed in namely how folkore uses animals to represent star constellations. Guess where animals were used randomly to depict star constellations- Gopleke Tepe - some 12,000 years ago.

Funny how the Egyptians, Sumerians, Indians and Chinese also did this

Guess where modern astrology comes from?

lions, crabs, scorpions, rams, fish...oh my...

While the Nazca lines aren't necessarily landing strips ( I mean why would aliens need landing strips?) they might be an attempt by the local people to communicate with other worldly beings based on a memory of an encounter their ancestors had thousands of years before. In Egypt there is a mantra "as above so below". It is quite plausible they are star constellations and that they were created in large scale for another audience. Always good to keep an open mind.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 5:38 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
The Nazca lines can be viewed from a 43 foot (13 meter) tower. Because of that they're not really that big of a mystery to me.

I think the only way the line makers could have a chance to view their work is to stand on higher ground, but the land is quite flat for the most part and a number of the patterns have been created on top of elevated land area where there is no opportunity to view their handiwork.

Tall enough towers could have easily existed at the time. That's why it's not that much of a mystery.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 6:16 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Tall enough towers could have easily existed at the time. That's why it's not that much of a mystery.

Nazca has always been a desert, even at the time the lines were made. The lines are literally just shallow furrows

No evidence of buildings anywhere

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 6:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Yes a number of ancient cultures around the world were most obsessed with star constellations. The Nazcans are by no means unique in that sense. I don't need to rattle off how Gobleke Tepe, Gaza, Machu Picchu and literally hundreds of other ancient sites are aligned with specific star constellations or why Indian farmers plant crops when a particular star appears in the sky or why the Dogon tribe worship a particular star that can' be seen without a modern telescope,

What further interesting is these cultures all have sky gods who dwell in the stars who came to earth and taught mankind how to live.

So the book you are referring to covers a topic we are all versed in namely how folkore uses animals to represent star constellations. Guess where animals were used randomly to depict star constellations- Gopleke Tepe - some 12,000 years ago.

Funny how the Egyptians, Sumerians, Indians and Chinese also did this

Guess where modern astrology comes from?

lions, crabs, scorpions, rams, fish...oh my...

While the Nazca lines aren't necessarily landing strips ( I mean why would aliens need landing strips?) they might be an attempt by the local people to communicate with other worldly beings based on a memory of an encounter their ancestors had thousands of years before. In Egypt there is a mantra "as above so below". It is quite plausible they are star constellations and that they were created in large scale for another audience. Always good to keep an open mind.

Thanks for slitting your own throat and proving my point. That ancient humans did all of that without aliens landing on earth.

Thanks for informing me of the very point Ive been making to you...that astrology ( using basic astronomy for divination purposes) was inherited from our ancestors observing the stars...long before telescopes were invented. So they didnt need aliens to teach them how to do star alignments when they stacked rocks, or built temples.

But, I am all for "keeping an open mind". Just dont keep it SO open that your brains fall out.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 6:38 am

cyberdad wrote:
Nazca has always been a desert, even at the time the lines were made. The lines are literally just shallow furrows

The kind of tower that currently exits.

All of it isn't that great a feat of engineering to insist that aliens must have been involved.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 9:50 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Thanks for informing me of the very point Ive been making to you...that astrology ( using basic astronomy for divination purposes) was inherited from our ancestors observing the stars...long before telescopes were invented. So they didnt need aliens to teach them how to do star alignments when they stacked rocks, or built temples.

But, I am all for "keeping an open mind". Just dont keep it SO open that your brains fall out.

There are interesting stories of creator spirits/beings coming from the sky and particular star constellations so in addition to functional reasons (calendars) there is also a veneration aspect that governs this near universal adherence to star watching among ancient people.

Here in Australia where we have the oldest continuing culture in the world. the creator spirit is Byamee who is also called the sky father. The story is common to all tribes in Australia and is thought to be 60,000 years old due to the isolation of Australian aborigines.

The Baiame story tells how Baiame came down from the sky to the land and created rivers, mountains, and forests. He then gave the people their laws of life, traditions, songs, and culture. He is associated with the southern cross star constellation and according to aboriginal lore, the milky way was the original home of their own ancestors, animals, plants, and spirits.

The aborigines created stonhenges that align with the stars long before the one made in Britain.
https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-15098959
To me it's fascinating why this obsession, that all life, spirits and even humans evolved from the stars. Of course it might be fanciful folk tales passed down from generation to generation, But as we agree it's always nice to keep an open mind.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2022, 9:55 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

All of it isn't that great a feat of engineering to insist that aliens must have been involved.

It seems far fetched given the Nazca lines stretch for hundreds of miles to continuously build and dismantle rickety wooden towers

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 1:22 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It seems far fetched given the Nazca lines stretch for hundreds of miles to continuously build and dismantle rickety wooden towers

They did something that was no different than building scaffolding (what every construction crew, ancient and modern) has done since the beginning of time. And you call that normal mode of operation "far fetched"? But you think that space aliens helping them is NOT far fetched??????

Give it up already.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 1:30 am

Give up what? the Nazca lines were created around 100BC in a waterless, treeless desert. It does seem far fatched they would transport logs/lashings from hundreds of miles away and put together a 50 foot scaffoled observation tower every few hundred metres??

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 6:36 am

cyberdad wrote:
Give up what? the Nazca lines were created around 100BC in a waterless, treeless desert. It does seem far fatched they would transport logs/lashings from hundreds of miles away and put together a 50 foot scaffoled observation tower every few hundred metres??

And its far fetched that a thousand years ago they would be able to build 180 foot scaffolding to help build the Gothic cathedrals of Europe. But they did. Like the builders of Notre Dame (or even the builders of the National Cathedral in Washington DC) the creators of the Nazca line probably took generations. The Gothic cathedrals typically took a couple centuries to build.

Its not "far fetched" that they would use surveying sticks to map out the drawings, and or build wooden towers (to either make the drawings, or later to view and worship them). Even primitive humans are capable of importing things like wood from other locations hundreds of miles away. Whats 'far fetched' is ...thinking that space aliens crossed hundreds of light years of interstellar space-reached earth- but did not wipe us all out- and interacted -but only interacted with humans on one side of the globe-while ignoring the Romans, Carthage people, and Chinese on the other side. At that time the Roman Empire was rising, and China had become the unified state it is today during the Han Dynasty. Both Romans and Chinese had writing. So both cultures could have made big bill boards for their space buddies using actual text saying "land HERE star people". No need to mess around with pics of spiders and monkeys. Just get to the point with text. But you dont see Nazca type messages with written text traced out on the ground pointed skyward like that in Eurasia from that period.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 7:03 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Whats 'far fetched' is ...thinking that space aliens crossed hundreds of light years of interstellar space-reached earth- but did not wipe us all out- and interacted -but only interacted with humans on one side of the globe-while ignoring the Romans, Carthage people, and Chinese on the other side.

I think based on the collective mythology told by the ancient cultures themselves, the interaction of the sky people with humans may have happened long ago in paleolithic times.

The creations stemming from Gobeleki Tepe to Giza to Sumer to the temples of the Maya may be a memory and an attempt to communicate with their gods,

Ancient Europeans also worshipped sky gods. The ancient chinese believed their deities lived in an ethereal heaven.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 8:00 am

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Whats 'far fetched' is ...thinking that space aliens crossed hundreds of light years of interstellar space-reached earth- but did not wipe us all out- and interacted -but only interacted with humans on one side of the globe-while ignoring the Romans, Carthage people, and Chinese on the other side.

I think based on the collective mythology told by the ancient cultures themselves, the interaction of the sky people with humans may have happened long ago in paleolithic times.

The creations stemming from Gobeleki Tepe to Giza to Sumer to the temples of the Maya may be a memory and an attempt to communicate with their gods,

Ancient Europeans also worshipped sky gods. The ancient chinese believed their deities lived in an ethereal heaven.

So what?

The Navajo think that they as a people came from the underworld. So is that evidence that mole people from the center of the earth came up an interacted with thier ancestors?

Of course folks are going to place deities into the sky. Its not evidence that ancient astronauts visited our ancestors. Just means that our ancestors imagined dieties to live in a place where it was NOT easy to disprove the existence of said dieties...in the sky.