Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,726
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

13 Jun 2022, 12:54 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Washington and Oregon tend to be pretty liberal blue states, though in both there are pretty conservative rural areas, as there are in most blue states. My own Spokane county has unfortunately produced some certifiably insane politicians.


I keep seeing two things about Spokane, One is far right politicians and second spooky paranormal.


Hm, I only know maybe of just two spooky paranormal things around Spokane.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,427

13 Jun 2022, 1:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Washington and Oregon tend to be pretty liberal blue states, though in both there are pretty conservative rural areas, as there are in most blue states. My own Spokane county has unfortunately produced some certifiably insane politicians.


I keep seeing two things about Spokane, One is far right politicians and second spooky paranormal.


Hm, I only know maybe of just two spooky paranormal things around Spokane.


That's literally how I know about your state Kraichie.



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,383

13 Jun 2022, 1:16 am

Spookiest Haunted Places In Washington State

"Spokane has plenty of attractions, but the Greenwood Cemetery has to be one of the spookiest. A long staircase leading to the top of the cemetery is called “One Thousand Steps’ due to the legend that no one has been able to complete it. The staircase is so haunted that it will cause even the bravest of souls to turn around in fear. People have seen the faces of numerous men, women, and children, plus hear the sounds of shrieking and the feeling of wetness on their skin. The cause of the haunting is highly disputed with more than a few stories to go around".



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,726
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

13 Jun 2022, 1:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Washington and Oregon tend to be pretty liberal blue states, though in both there are pretty conservative rural areas, as there are in most blue states. My own Spokane county has unfortunately produced some certifiably insane politicians.


I keep seeing two things about Spokane, One is far right politicians and second spooky paranormal.


Hm, I only know maybe of just two spooky paranormal things around Spokane.


That's literally how I know about your state Kraichie.


I did not know Spokane's reputation so preceded it!


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,726
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

13 Jun 2022, 1:44 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Spookiest Haunted Places In Washington State

"Spokane has plenty of attractions, but the Greenwood Cemetery has to be one of the spookiest. A long staircase leading to the top of the cemetery is called “One Thousand Steps’ due to the legend that no one has been able to complete it. The staircase is so haunted that it will cause even the bravest of souls to turn around in fear. People have seen the faces of numerous men, women, and children, plus hear the sounds of shrieking and the feeling of wetness on their skin. The cause of the haunting is highly disputed with more than a few stories to go around".


I certainly know about One Thousand Steps, but I gotta say, I think somebody's exaggerating how it's allegedly haunted. There's a restaurant in Spokane that's over a hundred years old that has more supernatural clout locally.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,427

13 Jun 2022, 2:12 am

Lots of ghost investigator episodes in Spokane.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,726
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

13 Jun 2022, 4:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
Lots of ghost investigator episodes in Spokane.


Really?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,427

13 Jun 2022, 5:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Lots of ghost investigator episodes in Spokane.


Really?


Feel free to Join Kraichie
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category ... 048444895/

They might have some interesting ideas for a horror novel



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,470
Location: temperate zone

13 Jun 2022, 5:24 am

And of course the Pacific Northwest is also known for Bigfoot. So Washington State is a ...paranormal state!

Oh yes. The 1947 aviator who saw "saucer like objects" and kicked off the Flying saucer thing saw that formation of high speed aerial crockery over the state of Idaho. Or Washington. One of the two. :)



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 83,952
Location: Queens, NYC

13 Jun 2022, 6:05 am

To be able to have a “pride parade” in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho is not all that short of a miracle.

The Idaho Panhandle is notorious for being a white-supremacist area.

Very far from Seattle (or Spokane), indeed.

The Boise, Idaho area is a relatively progressive area.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,726
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

13 Jun 2022, 5:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
To be able to have a “pride parade” in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho is not all that short of a miracle.

The Idaho Panhandle is notorious for being a white-supremacist area.

Very far from Seattle (or Spokane), indeed.

The Boise, Idaho area is a relatively progressive area.


At one time, the Idaho panhandle had been a hot spot for union activity going back to the old west, and a Democrat party stronghold. Unfortunately, there had been a gradual demographics change.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,726
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

13 Jun 2022, 5:06 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
And of course the Pacific Northwest is also known for Bigfoot. So Washington State is a ...paranormal state!

Oh yes. The 1947 aviator who saw "saucer like objects" and kicked off the Flying saucer thing saw that formation of high speed aerial crockery over the state of Idaho. Or Washington. One of the two. :)


Bigfoot is what most people around here associate Washington state with, when it comes to the preternatural.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 999
Location: Indiana

13 Jun 2022, 5:28 pm

Police in Coeur D'Alene receive death threats after arresting white nationalists


_________________
Diagnoses: AS, Depression, General & Social Anxiety
I guess I just wasn't made for these times.
- Brian Wilson

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,726
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

13 Jun 2022, 8:05 pm

roronoa79 wrote:


Hopefully those calls were traced, and those idiots can soon learn what happens when you threaten the lives of law enforcement.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,726
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

13 Jun 2022, 8:09 pm

A-a-a-a-and Fox Noise of course was eventually going to weigh in:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/peter-hegset ... 24859.html


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,861
Location: Abbottistan

13 Jun 2022, 11:01 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The fact that Coeur d'Alene, as Spokane, has a Pride Parade, says something about how there is true tolerance and diversity among many of us here in the Northwest.


I understand there are islands of tolerance throughout the US. The comedian Dave Chapelle lives in Yellow Springs Ohio which he claims is democrat island (Bernie Sanders supporters) in a sea of Trump voters. I think it has something to do with it being historically a place where subversive/hippy movements started as it's close to a university.


Washington and Oregon tend to be pretty liberal blue states, though in both there are pretty conservative rural areas, as there are in most blue states. My own Spokane county has unfortunately produced some certifiably insane politicians.


Who was that WA state legislator that was an avowed white supremacist?