Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 8:22 pm

a customer at work had the nerve to call me "boy". that was the same customer that had the nerve to tell me that "i don't care about the doctor note. put it in the car." (i have a doctor note that i am not allowed to lift over fifty pounds.) (39. the customer appeared about 60)

a day laborer had the nerve to tell me "Chino, you ain't doin' nothing, boy". (still 39. the day laborer appeared about 21. things not always the way they appear.). the lil dipshit was screaming across the parking lot.

Cortez had the nerve to flick me in the ear. i screamed. cortez and some other idiot burst out laughing like it was the funniest thing in the solar system. "please do not do that again". "i'm sorry, baby". (cortez was 36, and i was 38)

plenty of customers had the nerve to call me "muchacho or young man".

i look younger than i am, but plenty of asians do.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 9:48 pm

Called a child? No. Treated like one? Yeah, that happens more than I'd like to admit.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 6:18 am

I have been told I am child like in my curiosity and enthusiasms, but have not been called childish or immature for many many years now. There is a very distinct difference in being child like as opposed to childish. Many older folks called me "child" of course when I was under 20 or so.
I don't think I'd get called "child" much any more except as a sort of regional "ism" of cultural speech in certain areas of the country or from an older adult (I am 70) who lives or has lived/maybe grew up in those areas.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson