Not liking guys with Autism?

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,542
Location: Near London United Kingdom

03 Jul 2022, 7:34 am

Can you give me a list of reasons why 'some' women don't like guys with autism?



DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2019
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 937
Location: PNW USA

03 Jul 2022, 7:39 am

Nope. As there is no single type of guy with autism.



ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 38
Posts: 5,504
Location: canada

03 Jul 2022, 8:01 am

Jamesy wrote:
Can you give me a list of reasons why 'some' women don't like guys with autism?


I think it's just generally a lack of social skills and seduction skills but I'm just guessing.



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 49,745
Location: UK

03 Jul 2022, 9:45 am

Jamesy wrote:
Can you give me a list of reasons why 'some' women don't like guys with autism?


There is no list for this Jamesy.

There are probably lists as to why you wouldn't date other kinds of guys though.


_________________
We have existence


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,009
Location: Stendec

03 Jul 2022, 10:21 am

Have you people really never heard of “googling” for your answers?

:roll:

6 reasons why men with Asperger's are unattractive as dating partners

1. Lack of social skills

2. Restricted interests

3. Saying rude/inappropriate comments unknowingly

4. Weird sense of humor

5. Lack of emotional maturity

6. Low muscle tone/obesity

The article itself goes into greater detail since it was written by an aspie, and I suggest you all read it.

You can also read
This Wrongplanet Thread .



Last edited by Fnord on 03 Jul 2022, 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 49,745
Location: UK

03 Jul 2022, 10:49 am

:lol: no, never thought of Googling.


_________________
We have existence


Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,542
Location: Near London United Kingdom

03 Jul 2022, 12:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
Have you people really never heard of “googling” for your answers?

:roll:

6 reasons why men with Asperger's are unattractive as dating partners

1. Lack of social skills

2. Restricted interests

3. Saying rude/inappropriate comments unknowingly

4. Weird sense of humor

5. Lack of emotional maturity

6. Low muscle tone/obesity

The article itself goes into greater detail since it was written by an aspie, and I suggest you all read it.

You can also read
This Wrongplanet Thread .



Why does autism cause low muscle tone though?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,842
Location: Queens, NYC

03 Jul 2022, 1:43 pm

The vast majority of autistic folks don’t have ALL SIX of the qualities stated above. They might have one or two….or none.

I’ve seen many autistic men, for example, who don’t have “low muscle tone.”



Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 Mar 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 679

03 Jul 2022, 4:39 pm

1. We're much more likely to be unemployed or underemployed compared to neurotypical men. And since normal functioning women generally want men with good/decent career prospects, this might hurt a lot of men who are disabled and on SSI.

2. Men with autism tend to dislike sports and exercise. People who like to exercise, on average, generally look better than those that never exercise.

3. We're much more likely to live with our parents and not have a drivers license. Once again, this is a disadvantage in the dating game past the age of 22.

4. We're much more likely to be nerds and/or be neckbeards.

5. We're on average less attractive than neurotypical men on average.

6. Low social intelligence and poor social skills



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,542
Location: Near London United Kingdom

03 Jul 2022, 5:06 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
1. We're much more likely to be unemployed or underemployed compared to neurotypical men. And since normal functioning women generally want men with good/decent career prospects, this might hurt a lot of men who are disabled and on SSI.

2. Men with autism tend to dislike sports and exercise. People who like to exercise, on average, generally look better than those that never exercise.

3. We're much more likely to live with our parents and not have a drivers license. Once again, this is a disadvantage in the dating game past the age of 22.

4. We're much more likely to be nerds and/or be neckbeards.

5. We're on average less attractive than neurotypical men on average.

6. Low social intelligence and poor social skills



You mean facially were less attractive than NT men on average?



Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 Mar 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 679

03 Jul 2022, 5:18 pm

The reasons why autistic men are less attractive than neurotypical men are mostly for reasons within their control.

We tend to be less likely into sports and exercise, which can increase your attractiveness. We tend to be homebody's, and tend to not care or put as much investment into our physical appearance compared to young neurotypical men. And since we're less likely to be employed or work a good job, we can't spend as much money on better food and on gym membership etc...

All of these reasons above are within your control so in theory, if an autistic man put effort into his appearance, his style, exercised on a daily basis, and his diet, he'd be no less attractive than your standard neurotypical man.



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1932
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,786
Location: wales

03 Jul 2022, 5:20 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:
1. We're much more likely to be unemployed or underemployed compared to neurotypical men. And since normal functioning women generally want men with good/decent career prospects, this might hurt a lot of men who are disabled and on SSI.

2. Men with autism tend to dislike sports and exercise. People who like to exercise, on average, generally look better than those that never exercise.

3. We're much more likely to live with our parents and not have a drivers license. Once again, this is a disadvantage in the dating game past the age of 22.

4. We're much more likely to be nerds and/or be neckbeards.

5. We're on average less attractive than neurotypical men on average.

6. Low social intelligence and poor social skills



You mean facially were less attractive than NT men on average?


Not directed at me but facially probably not actually. We just let ourselves down by lack of self care and it shows on your bodies by being overweight or underweight.

I never really see many muscly autisitc guys. I see plenty of obese autistics though when I finally do bump into a group of them.

Immediate looks matter to an extent especially on the fling side of stuff.

Our of interest, have you had much in the way of sexual activity with women? Topics like this seem to be a common theme from you and I can't help to wonder if you're trying to evaluate where you might stand with women on the pecking order.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,542
Location: Near London United Kingdom

03 Jul 2022, 5:26 pm

Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:
1. We're much more likely to be unemployed or underemployed compared to neurotypical men. And since normal functioning women generally want men with good/decent career prospects, this might hurt a lot of men who are disabled and on SSI.

2. Men with autism tend to dislike sports and exercise. People who like to exercise, on average, generally look better than those that never exercise.

3. We're much more likely to live with our parents and not have a drivers license. Once again, this is a disadvantage in the dating game past the age of 22.

4. We're much more likely to be nerds and/or be neckbeards.

5. We're on average less attractive than neurotypical men on average.

6. Low social intelligence and poor social skills



You mean facially were less attractive than NT men on average?


Not directed at me but facially probably not actually. We just let ourselves down by lack of self care and it shows on your bodies by being overweight or underweight.

I never really see many muscly autisitc guys. I see plenty of obese autistics though when I finally do bump into a group of them.

Immediate looks matter to an extent especially on the fling side of stuff.

Our of interest, have you had much in the way of sexual activity with women? Topics like this seem to be a common theme from you and I can't help to wonder if you're trying to evaluate where you might stand with women on the pecking order.



Well I workout out a lot with weights and exercise also eat a good diet. I weigh 160 at nearly 5ft8 so I am not obese.



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1932
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,786
Location: wales

03 Jul 2022, 5:28 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:
1. We're much more likely to be unemployed or underemployed compared to neurotypical men. And since normal functioning women generally want men with good/decent career prospects, this might hurt a lot of men who are disabled and on SSI.

2. Men with autism tend to dislike sports and exercise. People who like to exercise, on average, generally look better than those that never exercise.

3. We're much more likely to live with our parents and not have a drivers license. Once again, this is a disadvantage in the dating game past the age of 22.

4. We're much more likely to be nerds and/or be neckbeards.

5. We're on average less attractive than neurotypical men on average.

6. Low social intelligence and poor social skills



You mean facially were less attractive than NT men on average?


Not directed at me but facially probably not actually. We just let ourselves down by lack of self care and it shows on your bodies by being overweight or underweight.

I never really see many muscly autisitc guys. I see plenty of obese autistics though when I finally do bump into a group of them.

Immediate looks matter to an extent especially on the fling side of stuff.

Our of interest, have you had much in the way of sexual activity with women? Topics like this seem to be a common theme from you and I can't help to wonder if you're trying to evaluate where you might stand with women on the pecking order.



Well I workout out a lot with weights and exercise also eat a good diet. I weigh 160 at nearly 5ft8 so I am not obese.


Perhaps you're on the more attractive end for being an aspie if that's the case.



Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 Mar 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 679

03 Jul 2022, 5:30 pm




As you can see in this video, there are 5 young adult men with autism in the thumbnail. All of them are not that attractive. Like I said, men with autism tend to be less attractive than neurotypical men, on average.

However many of these are factors within their control. If all the boys in the video started working out 3x a week, ate a good diet, got a nice haircut and trimmed it once every 40-50 days, and started wearing better clothes, all of them would become at least average looking. In fact, some of them would be considered good looking if they put some effort in their appearance.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,542
Location: Near London United Kingdom

03 Jul 2022, 5:31 pm

Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:
1. We're much more likely to be unemployed or underemployed compared to neurotypical men. And since normal functioning women generally want men with good/decent career prospects, this might hurt a lot of men who are disabled and on SSI.

2. Men with autism tend to dislike sports and exercise. People who like to exercise, on average, generally look better than those that never exercise.

3. We're much more likely to live with our parents and not have a drivers license. Once again, this is a disadvantage in the dating game past the age of 22.

4. We're much more likely to be nerds and/or be neckbeards.

5. We're on average less attractive than neurotypical men on average.

6. Low social intelligence and poor social skills



You mean facially were less attractive than NT men on average?


Not directed at me but facially probably not actually. We just let ourselves down by lack of self care and it shows on your bodies by being overweight or underweight.

I never really see many muscly autisitc guys. I see plenty of obese autistics though when I finally do bump into a group of them.

Immediate looks matter to an extent especially on the fling side of stuff.

Our of interest, have you had much in the way of sexual activity with women? Topics like this seem to be a common theme from you and I can't help to wonder if you're trying to evaluate where you might stand with women on the pecking order.



Well I workout out a lot with weights and exercise also eat a good diet. I weigh 160 at nearly 5ft8 so I am not obese.


Perhaps you're on the more attractive end for being an aspie if that's the case.



I have been compared to keanu reeves. He’s attractive right?