Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 2:42 am

Misslizard wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
/\I posted it.But I never said “Hurrah.”
Show me where I did. :lol:
I thought of it as Karma.That’s why I said , “ The hunter becomes the hunted.”

You said: "If it had been a serial dog fighter, responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent dogs ,I bet you would celebrate. You would open a bottle of Dom."

Comment was directed at Raptor. If I remember right ,he had a rescue pit bull that may have been fought.So I bet he would crack open a bottle of bubbly if a serial dog fighter went down.
He might not admit to it.And he may choose a good whiskey instead of bubbly.
My comment was that I would prefer a bottle of good champagne over a bucket of KFC .Wouldn’t you?

What over? I meant with.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 2:43 am

OMG! didn't realise Roosevelt wrote this stuff!! what's scary it was barely 100 years ago and he inspired the likes of Hitler.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 2:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
When I brought up Earnest Hemingway who was a trophy hunter, it was okay because he lived in different era. When it comes to the vegan and especially PETA folks, there's more consistency.

You keep bringing up Ernest Hemingway but it's a pointless exercise because he lived in a different era of the 20th century when Africa was still a collection of colonies and the "great white hunter" was a cultural thing where wealthy white men indulged their appetite for hunting and taxidermy.

I'll still take the part of F. Scott Fitzgerald, Hemingway's friend who Hem had bad mouthed after giving him help in his writing career. Fitzgerald was also a raging alcoholic, but never shot any animals.

I certainly don't admire him killing elephants but unlike T. Roosevelt he didn't glorify doing the same to native americans

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 2:47 am

I guess I didn't realize how far off the charts vilification has gone. I wouldn't be surprised if it includes Abraham Lincoln and Mother Teresa by now.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 3:05 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I guess I didn't realize how far off the charts vilification has gone. I wouldn't be surprised if it includes Abraham Lincoln and Mother Teresa by now.

Believe it or not there is dirt you can find on both. But the question is whether their good deeds outweighed their bad, '

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 7:49 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

You said: "If it had been a serial dog fighter, responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent dogs ,I bet you would celebrate. You would open a bottle of Dom."

Comment was directed at Raptor. If I remember right ,he had a rescue pit bull that may have been fought.So I bet he would crack open a bottle of bubbly if a serial dog fighter went down.
My comment was that I would prefer a bottle of good champagne over a bucket of KFC .Wouldn’t you?

What over? I meant with.

Huh? I don’t need a reason to drink champagne.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 8:01 am

Misslizard wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

What over? I meant with.

Huh? I don’t need a reason to drink champagne.

You said choosing champagne over KFC. I say champagne with KFC. I might actually try that combo next weekend. I rarely drink KFC or eat champagne.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 8:34 am

/\I’ll have to make do without.An hour drive to the liquor store and even further for KFC.
Enjoy the combo.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 10:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Believe it or not there is dirt you can find on both. But the question is whether their good deeds outweighed their bad

Seems more like what's happening is just a process of making people look bad.