Page 7 of 9 [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:55 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I’ve know old deer hunters here that didn’t like to eat venison if the deer had been run by dogs, they said that stress made the meat tough and strong tasting and that a clean quick kill always produces better tasting meat.

That probably makes sense although I lived in Malaysia which is a muslim country and the consensus there was that bleeding the animal makes the meat more softer/tender and fall off the bone. I guess it's a trade-off to the consumer of the meat.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:57 pm

Misslizard wrote:
There is a business here that has a mobile meat processing unit.It’s less stress on the animal and the person who raised it.If someone can afford it ,locally raised meat is usually the most humane and healthiest.Tastes better also.
https://youtu.be/dLToAHT-YcY

That's probably the better option for the animal.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 2:50 am

Raptor wrote:

Kentucky Fried Dog (KFD)?
:lol: :lmao: :lmao:

It's quite popular in Korea.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 2:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
But Glitch's attempt to compare KFC to some south African big game hunter isn't quite the same. People who find it recreational to kill animals for sport are literally enjoying themselves while the animals they harm suffer. I think there is something wrong when you voluntarily want to take a life for no other reason than showing off or the thrill of it.

Don't be silly. I was comparing Harland Sanders to the serial dog killer Misslizard brought up.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 6:54 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
But Glitch's attempt to compare KFC to some south African big game hunter isn't quite the same. People who find it recreational to kill animals for sport are literally enjoying themselves while the animals they harm suffer. I think there is something wrong when you voluntarily want to take a life for no other reason than showing off or the thrill of it.

Don't be silly. I was comparing Harland Sanders to the serial dog killer Misslizard brought up.

oh I see. KFD

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 7:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

oh I see. KFD

Not exactly. Sanders is responsible for the death of billions of chickens.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 10:07 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

oh I see. KFD

And if he were alive today the left would want try him for crimes against humanity, the fact that his "victims" were chickens be damned.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 10:32 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

oh I see. KFD

Sure he is, but he filled peoples bellies.
It’s not the same as dog fighting.Or cock fighting.These people are as bad as trophy hunters.Making animals suffer for their blood sport.
https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 53317.html

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 11:14 am

Raptor wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

oh I see. KFD

And if he were alive today the left would want try him for crimes against humanity, the fact that his "victims" were chickens be damned.

Bull corn, we just want chickens to be treated humanely.Have you ever seen the inside of a broiler house?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 12:55 pm

Raptor wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Not all. I've learned regarding some it depends on what kind of animal it is. When I brought up Earnest Hemingway who was a trophy hunter, it was okay because he lived in different era. When it comes to the vegan and especially PETA folks, there's more consistency.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 1:05 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Sure he is, but he filled peoples bellies.
It’s not the same as dog fighting.Or cock fighting.These people are as bad as trophy hunters.Making animals suffer for their blood sport.
https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 53317.html

All the same I don't think it warrants an assassination. I wouldn't have celebrated if Michael Vick had been murdered.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 1:33 pm

/\I posted it.But I never said “Hurrah.”
Show me where I did. :lol:
I thought of it as Karma.That’s why I said , “ The hunter becomes the hunted.”

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 1:34 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Not all. I've learned regarding some it depends on what kind of animal it is. When I brought up Earnest Hemingway who was a trophy hunter, it was okay because he lived in different era. When it comes to the vegan and especially PETA folks, there's more consistency.

He’s overrated.Lived here in Arkansas for a time .

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 4:41 pm

Raptor wrote:

If he were alive today he would first be in court over how he stole the recipe for KFC from a black woman.
https://www.blackhistory.com/2019/10/di ... dress.html

Only then would the chickens come after him for crimes against poultry

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 4:45 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
When I brought up Earnest Hemingway who was a trophy hunter, it was okay because he lived in different era. When it comes to the vegan and especially PETA folks, there's more consistency.

You keep bringing up Ernest Hemingway but it's a pointless exercise because he lived in a different era of the 20th century when Africa was still a collection of colonies and the "great white hunter" was a cultural thing where wealthy white men indulged their appetite for hunting and taxidermy.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 6:54 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Bull corn, we just want chickens to be treated humanely. Have you ever seen the inside of a broiler house?

It's a big country we have to feed and probably some of the meat is exported. They can only spend so much on each chicken to bring it to butcher weight and some of that expense is in the space they take up. It's about economics.

What is bull corn, anyway? Is it some kind of hybrid sweet corn only found in Arkansas?