Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Feb 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 532
Location: Planet Emorf

08 Jul 2022, 10:14 am

How do you make a decision?



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,849

08 Jul 2022, 10:17 am

About what? To ask someone out on a date? To work out who to ask?



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,007
Location: Stendec

08 Jul 2022, 10:23 am

It depends on the options and how urgent it is to decide between them.



TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Feb 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 532
Location: Planet Emorf

11 Jul 2022, 4:12 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
About what? To ask someone out on a date? To work out who to ask?


@Mountain Goat

Who to date? Where to live? Where to work? etc etc



TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Feb 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 532
Location: Planet Emorf

11 Jul 2022, 4:16 am

Fnord wrote:
It depends on the options and how urgent it is to decide between them.


@Fnord

You mean like this?

Image

https://i0.wp.com/afeelingofsymmetry.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/7_habits_decision-making_matrix.png



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,849

11 Jul 2022, 6:10 am

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
About what? To ask someone out on a date? To work out who to ask?


@Mountain Goat

Who to date? Where to live? Where to work? etc etc


Big decisions.

Where do you live now? What do you like to do? Special interests? Can you find jobs based on your special interests or what you are good at? Are such jobs available in the area where you live? Who to date depends on the type of character of the other person as both of you have to love each other and get on with each other.
Most people tend to glide into these decisions in life. Others make them. Best to just let them happen without a set plan and seize the opportunities when they come along.



TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Feb 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 532
Location: Planet Emorf

11 Jul 2022, 7:10 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
About what? To ask someone out on a date? To work out who to ask?


@Mountain Goat

Who to date? Where to live? Where to work? etc etc


Big decisions.

Where do you live now? What do you like to do? Special interests? Can you find jobs based on your special interests or what you are good at? Are such jobs available in the area where you live? Who to date depends on the type of character of the other person as both of you have to love each other and get on with each other.
Most people tend to glide into these decisions in life. Others make them. Best to just let them happen without a set plan and seize the opportunities when they come along.


@Mountain Goat

So take full advantage of life's opportunities whenever and wherever they present themselves; to live life to one's full potential?



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,849

11 Jul 2022, 8:10 am

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
About what? To ask someone out on a date? To work out who to ask?


@Mountain Goat

Who to date? Where to live? Where to work? etc etc


Big decisions.

Where do you live now? What do you like to do? Special interests? Can you find jobs based on your special interests or what you are good at? Are such jobs available in the area where you live? Who to date depends on the type of character of the other person as both of you have to love each other and get on with each other.
Most people tend to glide into these decisions in life. Others make them. Best to just let them happen without a set plan and seize the opportunities when they come along.


@Mountain Goat

So take full advantage of life's opportunities whenever and wherever they present themselves; to live life to one's full potential?


Something like that but without hurting others and putting good morals and values as a foundation to your approach.

Obviously one needs to assess if each opportunity is a path you want to head towards, and if it is a wize path to go but other than that see where life takes you!
Is better to have tried ad not had things work out than to not try at all. We learn in life what works for us and what does not work for us by trying things. Do listen to others who are wize so you won't copy their mistakes as it saves you time and potential disaster that you could have avoided on certain paths one may take, but other than that, find out what you are good at and head in that direction if you can, and who knows what life may bring you along the way!



Last edited by Mountain Goat on 11 Jul 2022, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,007
Location: Stendec

11 Jul 2022, 8:14 am

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Fnord wrote:
It depends on the options and how urgent it is to decide between them.
@Fnord

You mean like this?

https://i0.wp.com/afeelingofsymmetry.co ... matrix.png

https://i0.wp.com/afeelingofsymmetry.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/7_habits_decision-making_matrix.png
All that comes after "Prioritize".



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,710
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jul 2022, 9:27 am

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
About what? To ask someone out on a date? To work out who to ask?


@Mountain Goat

Who to date? Where to live? Where to work? etc etc
I always had very few if any viable altenative options with these things so my issue was more about figuing out how I could make some options happen.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"
~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition