10-Year-Old-Girl from Ohio Gets an Abortion in Indiana

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 65,588
Location: Portland, Oregon

17 Jul 2022, 6:01 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/republicans-express-shock-10-year-old-can-get-pregnant-doubting-ohio-r-rcna38284


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,934

17 Jul 2022, 10:25 pm

It appears the republicans in the state of Indiana are more interested in prosecuting the doctor who saved this little girl from a life of pain rather than the creep who raped the child
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/indian ... 022-07-15/

The republicans have managed to return the US to its bad old days of witch-hunting innocent folks



HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2020
Age: 21
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 9,216

17 Jul 2022, 10:59 pm

10-years-old is a common age now for girls to begin puberty and get their periods, and it's possible to get pregnant even before that since the first ovulation precedes it. I got mine at 9 (still a little bit early for when I was a kid though).

Anyone who thinks a 10-year-old can't get pregnant is an idiot and needs to retake a biology class, especially if they have female children. Anyone who thinks a 10-year-old is also physically capable of delivering a baby without severe, life threatening complications to both them and the baby is a f*****g idiot, too. (I know no one in this specific article said that, but there are still other people that are saying she should have been made to have the baby, and that she's capable of safely carrying one. Absolutely ridiculous.)



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,934

17 Jul 2022, 11:02 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Anyone who thinks a 10-year-old is also physically capable of delivering a baby without severe, life threatening complications to both them and the baby is a f*****g idiot, too. (I know no one in this specific article said that, but there are still other people that are saying she should have been made to have the baby, and that she's capable of safely carrying one. Absolutely ridiculous.)


I don't think anyone disputes this. It's just a shock when it happens that somebody would do this to a child. But I don't follow your post? why are you blaming the baby??



HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2020
Age: 21
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 9,216

17 Jul 2022, 11:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I don't think anyone disputes this. It's just a shock when it happens that somebody would do this to a child. But I don't follow your post? why are you blaming the baby??

Where did I say I was blaming the baby? I never mentioned anything negative towards the baby, besides for stating that it would have suffered complications due to the 10-year-old being physically unable to safely carry + deliver it.

There are also plenty of people online that believe she shouldn't have been allowed to have an abortion, and that it's "God's will" if her and the baby possibly died if she had to attempt to carry it to term.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,934

17 Jul 2022, 11:31 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
There are also plenty of people online that believe she shouldn't have been allowed to have an abortion, and that it's "God's will" if her and the baby possibly died if she had to attempt to carry it to term.


Sounds kind of like the medieval practice of trial by combat where the just litigant would hold sway by intervention from god to slay their opponent in combat. Or where a woman accused of witchcraft would be dropped into a river, If she drowned she was innocent and if she floated to the surface she was guilty and burned at the stake. This is the type of options the republican party are giving this 10 year old girl.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 50,855

18 Jul 2022, 12:05 am

Rather than describing the torture of innocent girls and women, or comparing this traumatised child to a witch, perhaps you could turn your hostility away from Republicanism and finger-pointing, to address the bigger picture of pedophiles and child molesters. That's where the anger should be directed. Do you have any appropriate analogies of how we should treat rapists, or how that was done in the past?



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,357
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

18 Jul 2022, 12:07 am

My wife tells me she first got her period at age ten. And most certainly, she would have been in danger giving birth at that age. As a matter of fact, when our daughter was born, she had to be a C-Section, because even as my wife was an adult there was a risk to both her and our daughter.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,125
Location: Abbottistan

18 Jul 2022, 12:34 am

And sadly, people are probably saying that the poor girl "shoulda kept her legs closed" on various comment boards.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,357
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

18 Jul 2022, 1:03 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
And sadly, people are probably saying that the poor girl "shoulda kept her legs closed" on various comment boards.


Then those people need to have their heads placed between a rock and a hard place.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,934

18 Jul 2022, 1:14 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
perhaps you could turn your hostility away from Republicanism and finger-pointing, to address the bigger picture of pedophiles and child molesters. That's where the anger should be directed. Do you have any appropriate analogies of how we should treat rapists, or how that was done in the past?


How would you feel they should be treated? In the past men raped young girls and boys and we live the legacy. People who are predators should be locked up away from society so they are never exposed to children.



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,125
Location: Abbottistan

18 Jul 2022, 3:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
And sadly, people are probably saying that the poor girl "shoulda kept her legs closed" on various comment boards.


Then those people need to have their heads placed between a rock and a hard place.


It's the right's extremely unhealthy obsession with "innocence" and "purity" that is holding us back.



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 65,588
Location: Portland, Oregon

18 Jul 2022, 7:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
And sadly, people are probably saying that the poor girl "shoulda kept her legs closed" on various comment boards.


Then those people need to have their heads placed between a rock and a hard place.


IMO, such people are stupid and need a reality check & the same can be a description for people who believe that this girl "should have kept the baby."

This poor girl now has a ruined life and will be tormented by anyone who brings this up with her.

I, like many, hope she gets all the support & compassion she deserves.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,357
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

18 Jul 2022, 7:39 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
And sadly, people are probably saying that the poor girl "shoulda kept her legs closed" on various comment boards.


Then those people need to have their heads placed between a rock and a hard place.


IMO, such people are stupid and need a reality check & the same can be a description for people who believe that this girl "should have kept the baby."

This poor girl now has a ruined life and will be tormented by anyone who brings this up with her.

I, like many, hope she gets all the support & compassion she deserves.


Indeed.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,086
Location: Pacific Northwest

18 Jul 2022, 11:07 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
And sadly, people are probably saying that the poor girl "shoulda kept her legs closed" on various comment boards.



I didnt know 10 year olds can consent. :lol:


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,086
Location: Pacific Northwest

18 Jul 2022, 11:10 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Rather than describing the torture of innocent girls and women, or comparing this traumatised child to a witch, perhaps you could turn your hostility away from Republicanism and finger-pointing, to address the bigger picture of pedophiles and child molesters. That's where the anger should be directed. Do you have any appropriate analogies of how we should treat rapists, or how that was done in the past?



Because we need abortion law for this scenario so she can get one. Should she sacrifice her life now because of sickos?


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.