I dislike socialization but I crave it so badly

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

spicyjelly
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jul 2022, 1:21 am

klanka wrote:
I don't like group social situations at all.
When I had one-on-one time with a woman I liked , as in just talking, it was great.

I also prefer small social situations. Two other people is my maximum before I really start getting anxious.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 10:54 am

I have the same predicament. I hate the idea of doing things like clubbing, but at the same time I get envious or upset if everybody else goes out clubbing and I'm the only one who has never been. I think the answer is that if I knew more people around me, especially in my family, that hate clubbing and have never been then I'll probably feel more comfort in not going clubbing.

Societal/peer pressure can be a very strong thing.

Diagnosed with ADHD
Have Anxiety Disorder
Diagnosed with mild ASD but I don't identify as autistic

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 11:00 am

I realised a big thing about NTs recently and why they don't like 1:1 time with someone.

They think we are trying to 'get them away from their friends' so we can say nasty things about them behind their backs.

I realised a lot of people do this: they isolate one person from their friendship group to turn them against their friends. I realised this because I read a lot about narcissism and apparently that is how narcissists operate. So people assume the worst when someone tries to 'get them alone.'

This was a big shock to me. All I want to do with a 1:1 time is have a decent conversation where I can keep up with what is being said and not feel shy and awkward!

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 11:05 am

spicyjelly wrote:
klanka wrote:
I don't like group social situations at all.
When I had one-on-one time with a woman I liked , as in just talking, it was great.

I also prefer small social situations. Two other people is my maximum before I really start getting anxious.

Yeah it's good, I remember spending time with two friends and that was ok too