Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,375
Location: Near London United Kingdom

24 Jul 2022, 11:53 am

This girl who I have known for a long time since childhood and is part of my acquaintance circle (I don’t see the woman and her friends that regurley at the pub but they do show up from time to time). Well recently on weekends when I am out I have tried texting her but she has not responded to my messages. If you want me to be honest she has seen me drunk before at the pub I go to. On one occasion she did advise me to find other hobbies than going to the pub.

Do you think this means that the she dislikes me? The last time I saw her was a few months ago when she saw me drunk and being asked to leave the pub. :oops:



AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Apr 2016
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,137

24 Jul 2022, 11:57 am

She might be busy or didn't see your message.
You might want to wait for her to message.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,375
Location: Near London United Kingdom

24 Jul 2022, 12:07 pm

A few weeks ago I tried to message and she did not responded.

I texted her last night again and she did not reply back either. So that 2 times I have tried to message and not been given a response back.



AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Apr 2016
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,137

24 Jul 2022, 12:31 pm

I think it's best to let it go then.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,375
Location: Near London United Kingdom

24 Jul 2022, 12:36 pm

AprilR wrote:
I think it's best to let it go then.




Ok



envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,732
Location: Keshron, Super-Zakhyria

24 Jul 2022, 12:54 pm

Perhaps she'll make contact you again when she's in the mood to. Sometimes there are people I don't hear from for months then out of the blue they'll respond from their side.

if she's the type to appreciate it, try sending her a funny cute animal videoclip...


_________________
Why is a trailer behind a car but ahead of a movie?


my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/


klanka
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 31 Mar 2022
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,192
Location: Cardiff, Wales

24 Jul 2022, 2:41 pm

I would imagine she has many men texting her, and probably only responds to a few who she is really interested in. She doesnt want to lead you on, so simply not replying is the best option for her.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,375
Location: Near London United Kingdom

24 Jul 2022, 4:26 pm

klanka wrote:
I would imagine she has many men texting her, and probably only responds to a few who she is really interested in. She doesnt want to lead you on, so simply not replying is the best option for her.



I am just being friendly with her. I am not interested in her romantically.



klanka
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 31 Mar 2022
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,192
Location: Cardiff, Wales

24 Jul 2022, 6:09 pm

If she were to reply, you might eventually get those feelings.
It seems rude what she is doing but it's all for the best in the long run



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,887
Location: Stendec

24 Jul 2022, 6:49 pm

Jamesy wrote:
This girl . . . I have tried texting her but she has not responded to my messages. . . Do you think this means that the she dislikes me?
Yes, definitely.



Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,864
Location: Small Town From Hell

24 Jul 2022, 6:55 pm

klanka wrote:
If she were to reply, you might eventually get those feelings.
It seems rude what she is doing but it's all for the best in the long run


It’s not rude to not reply to a text. People are under no obligation to respond to a text, phone call, or knock at the door.


_________________
Away.


temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 9 Apr 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,440

25 Jul 2022, 3:58 am

Sounds like she and you have an established "acquaintanceship", and she chooses not to respond to your messages, which is rather rude, which clearly means that she doesn't want to communicate with you at least for now. I think you had better let it go rather than wasting your time thinking about someone who treats you in such a way. You have better things to do. I would personally end the "acquaintanceship" with her because someone who's capable of doing that will do that again.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,375
Location: Near London United Kingdom

25 Jul 2022, 6:41 am

temp1234 wrote:
Sounds like she and you have an established "acquaintanceship", and she chooses not to respond to your messages, which is rather rude, which clearly means that she doesn't want to communicate with you at least for now. I think you had better let it go rather than wasting your time thinking about someone who treats you in such a way. You have better things to do. I would personally end the "acquaintanceship" with her because someone who's capable of doing that will do that again.



She's probably annoyed with me because I was a bit tipsy when I last saw her.